Windows 10: Computer keeps waking from sleep. Tried everything.

Discus and support Computer keeps waking from sleep. Tried everything. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Computer regularly wakes from sleep. Powercfg -lastwake shows nothing. All wake timers are disabled. All schedules have allow wakeup unticked.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sydh, Nov 16, 2017.

1. sydh Win User

Computer keeps waking from sleep. Tried everything.

Computer regularly wakes from sleep.
    Powercfg -lastwake shows nothing.
    All wake timers are disabled.
    All schedules have allow wakeup unticked.
    All device wakeups (mouse, keyboard etc) are disabled.
    Event viewer shows all the wake times but Wake source: Unknown.

I'm not sure what to try next. The only thing that should wake the machine is the main power button on the tower.
    Any more ideas anyone?

:)

2. Unable to prevent computer from waking on its own.

I have tried everything. I modified power settings, I went through cmd to disable programs and devices from waking the computer from sleep mode, everything I can think of or was recommended as a course of action via multiple forums. I cannot keep my computer
    in sleep mode. What other options are there other than just forgoing sleep mode entirely and just shutting the stupid thing off every time I'm done using it?

thomasd1229, Nov 16, 2017
  3. Computer Keeps Waking Up

I have just recently built my first computer and all went well except for it keeps randomly waking up from sleep mode. I had tried everything changing all sorts of settings and options and nothing worked. Eventually I gave up and just reinstalled windows.
    The problem is still here though.

Currently all drivers/BIOS/everything I can think of is updated. In my power plan wake timers are disabled.

This is what last wake cmd shows

C:\Users\Eric>powercfg -lastwake

Wake History Count - 1

Wake History [0]

Wake Source Count - 0

The following pastebin is my event viewer from when I put my computer to sleep(Through the Windows 10 start button) until it wakes up on it's own. Read from bottom to top. There is an error showing when I put it to sleep, not sure if that could be part of the
    problem.

Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter Da - Pastebin.com

My system specs are

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586 Other OS Desc - Pastebin.com

And while looking around I've seen that sometimes the BIOS can interfere with sleep settings so my motherboard is ASUS Z170-A with the latest BIOS.

I don't know what to try next so any help would be appreciated!

EricDFischer, Nov 16, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Go to Start/Search and type Task Scheduler. Under Actions on the far left panel, click Display all Running Tasks.

spunk, Nov 16, 2017
  5. sydh Win User
    There are 4 running but wake the computer to run task ​is unticked for all of them.

6. You haven't got the wake on LAN turn on have you?

kingtez1984, Nov 16, 2017
  7. sydh Win User
    Hi Kingtez - I'm not sure. How do I check that?

8. Pirx Win User

Should be a BIOS setting.

9. does the network adaptor also have this as a tick box Pirx? (Just to boost my own knowledge) *Smile

kingtez1984, Nov 16, 2017
  10. Pirx Win User
    It really depends on your hardware and what driver is being used; the BIOS setting will be the authoritative one if you want to not allow the computer to wake up due to a network signal instructing it to do so. I will add that I'm not sure this will solve your issue: If that was your culprit you should see your computer wake up even after a full shutdown. Do you have a (Bluetooth or wireless) mouse attached that might be "nervous"?

11. sydh Win User
    Hi Pirx - The computer never wakes up from a full shutdown. Only when asleep. I assume that will not be the wake on LAN then?
    I have bluetooth mouse and keyboard but their wake up is disabled.

12. sydh Win User
    Pirx - Just checked in Device Manager and the network card wake up option is unticked.

13. sydh Win User

Any more ideas everyone? It woke again at 3am. Wake source: Unknown.

14. Pirx Win User
    Have you enabled Task Scheduler logging in your event viewer?
    Perhaps this will allow you to correlate a specific task with the wake event.

P.S.: I feel for you. I'm currently trying to troubleshoot some mysterious COM Surrogate crashes that appear randomly in my event logs, with no luck so far trying to figure out what's causing them.

15. Raner Win User
    Go to device manager, open every item , look for power management in the header when it opens.
    Make sure "Allow this device to wake up computer is not ticked... Don't know if it will help but it may be worth a try...

Raner, Nov 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Computer keeps waking from sleep. Tried everything. - Similar Threads - Computer keeps waking

2. PC won't wake up from sleep, I tried almost everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't wake up from sleep, I tried almost everything: Windows 11, AMD 7800X3D, Asus Mobo, 4090.Yesterday was first time I've been using Sleep button in Windows. You know the option near Turn Off PC, Logout...When my PC goes to sleep due to inactivity I had zero problems to wake him up with the mouse or keyboard.Monitor says no...
  3. PC won't wake up from sleep, I tried almost everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't wake up from sleep, I tried almost everything: Windows 11, AMD 7800X3D, Asus Mobo, 4090.Yesterday was first time I've been using Sleep button in Windows. You know the option near Turn Off PC, Logout...When my PC goes to sleep due to inactivity I had zero problems to wake him up with the mouse or keyboard.Monitor says no...
  4. PC keeps waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps waking from sleep: Hi all Not sure what is causing this? or how to fix it?C:\Windows\System32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43F7&SUBSYS_11421B21&REV_01\6&2766d23f&0&00600011 Friendly...
  5. PC keeps waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps waking from sleep: Hi all Not sure what is causing this? or how to fix it?C:\Windows\System32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43F7&SUBSYS_11421B21&REV_01\6&2766d23f&0&00600011 Friendly...
  6. Computer keeps waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer keeps waking from sleep: My computer (fully up-to-date - 19042.746) Windows 10 Home x64 wakes from sleep constantly. This is what is waking the computer: C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path:...
  7. Help - Computer keeps waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Help - Computer keeps waking from Sleep: Computer goes to sleep and wakes up 30 seconds later. When I run "powercfg -walktimers", I get the following message "Timer set by [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\svchost.exe SystemEventsBroker expires at 3:34:41 PM on 12/28/2020.Reason: Windows will...
  8. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE after wake from sleep, have tried everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE after wake from sleep, have tried everything: I've been dealing with this recurrent problem of a BSoD after my PC wakes from sleep for a couple months now, but nothing seems to work. I have tried re-installing drivers and updating windows. I did a clean install of windows, and then replaced the SSD and tried to do...
  9. Computer keeps waking up from sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer keeps waking up from sleep/hibernation: Winver: 19041.572 I made it hibernate yesterday around 5AM and look at how many times it woke up and went back to sleep: I ran this command on powershell "Get-WinEvent -Providername Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter -MaxEvents 5 | Format-List TimeCreated,Message"...
  10. Computer keeps waking from sleep by intself.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps waking from sleep by intself.: How can I stop my computer from waking up shortly after it is put in sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-keeps-waking-from-sleep-by-intself/d2b9aa49-d10e-4d4f-a293-90f872432df8