Windows 10: Computer Keeps Waking Up During Hibernation

Discus and support Computer Keeps Waking Up During Hibernation in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all you at TenForums. I signed up so I could find a solution to a problem I have been experiencing with my Windows 10 system. Recently, I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by datwill310, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Computer Keeps Waking Up During Hibernation

Hi all you at TenForums. I signed up so I could find a solution to a problem I have been experiencing with my Windows 10 system.

Recently, I've taken to Hibernating instead of Shutting Down or Sleeping for long periods of time (this is partly because of how the electronics work in my room - I don't want to lose all my data in case a member of the family accidentally turns a switch off which means that the entire electrical current on my floor is cut off).

Anyway, I've tried hibernating my computer two times. Once, I left my computer to hibernate, and I come back again to find that it was ON. And just now, the computer came back on again after I left it to hibernate for the night...

I have tried searching online (and indeed found some posts on this forum which explore the issue), but the common problem of Automatic Maintenance may not be the answer in this case, because:
    • It turns back on again after a short period of time. I didn't measure the time exactly, but I'd say it was about quarter of an hour to half an hour (I can only assume this happened the first time, what with me not being in the room).
    • I followed the steps to reconfigure my "AM" setting on a tutorial on this site, and found that my time was 2AM - this was not the time of either instance of my system waking up (though I have heard AM happening spontaneously, no matter the time, and my "wake the system up" setting was checked...).
    Could it be a program on my system, or is there something wrong with the OS? Will test again tonight, and if my system does not wake up, then I will mark the topic as solved.

Thanks for your time

:)

datwill310, Oct 6, 2016

2. Windows 10 doesn't sleep after creators update

I had to disable hibernate. This keeps the computer in a sleep state and no longer wakes up trying to switch to hibernate. This is really just a hack though, it seems like this update broke hibernate for a lot of people.

Ryan_MSForums, Oct 6, 2016
  3. Windows 10 wakes from hibernation every morning

My Dell XPS 8900 Windows 10 computer wakes from hibernation every morning either into full operating mode or sleep. It does not wake from hibernation during the day. I have done the following w/o fixing the problem:

• Set sleep to start after 15 minutes of inactivity.
    • Disabled all devices from waking computer.
    • Disabled wake-on-LAN on the network adapter.
    • Unplugged the network adapter at night.
    • Checked Task Scheduler that no tasks are allowed to wake the computer.
    • Moved all task schedules to daytime.
    • Had Dell Support remotely work on it twice.
    • Chatted with Microsoft who only wanted to tell me how to enable hibernation, not to keep my computer hibernated.
    • Tonight I will clean boot my computer with all services disabled and the only peripheral unplugged but I'm not optimistic.
    I suspect Windows 10. If it's one of my applications instead, how to I identify the offending app and what about causes my computer to restart. It seems to me that is should be easy to unconditionally hibernate a computer to only wake up when directed
    by pressing the power button. I expect this be the default and enabling any "autowake" should should be a more difficult process. Is there a software tool to assure that a computer will only come out of hibernation when directed by pressing the power button?

WindowOnColorado, Oct 6, 2016
  4. Computer Keeps Waking Up During Hibernation

Seems not to have woken up by 20-hours time, so I'm going to assume unchecking the "wake the system up" setting did the trick.

datwill310, Oct 7, 2016
Thema:

Computer Keeps Waking Up During Hibernation

1. Computer Keeps Waking Up During Hibernation - Similar Threads - Computer Keeps Waking

2. Laptop keeps crashing after waking up from hibernation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps crashing after waking up from hibernation.: Hello guys. Ive been having this issue after installing a new ram stick into my system. I had 16gb single channel and I bought another one. Ever since installed the new ram in Ive been getting BSOD. I also installed an SSD in which I havent put anything besides one game. I've...
  3. Laptop keeps crashing after waking up from hibernation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps crashing after waking up from hibernation.: Hello guys. Ive been having this issue after installing a new ram stick into my system. I had 16gb single channel and I bought another one. Ever since installed the new ram in Ive been getting BSOD. I also installed an SSD in which I havent put anything besides one game. I've...
  4. Laptop keeps crashing after waking up from hibernation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Since update, computer hibernates and will not wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since update, computer hibernates and will not wake up: Every time I leave my hardwired PC running Windows 10 since the update, it goes into hibernation or something. I can hit keys, move the mouse, etc, and the screen remains black. The only thing that gets my screen back is holding the power button for about 2-3 seconds,...
  6. Hibernate Mode - wake up after hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate Mode - wake up after hibernate: I want to take advantage of fast startup and I have enabled it in the power settings. When I shutdown the machine, it goes to hibernate mode. To restart the machine, I have to first press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds, which terminates the hibernation and...
  7. Computer keeps waking up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer keeps waking up: Recently my computer has started walking itself up every 2 hours pretty much on the dot and I can't figure out why. Powercfg/lastwake tells me nothing, I've disabled my lan driver from waking it up too. The only thing I've changed since it started happening was getting a new...
  8. Computer keeps waking up from sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer keeps waking up from sleep/hibernation: Winver: 19041.572 I made it hibernate yesterday around 5AM and look at how many times it woke up and went back to sleep: I ran this command on powershell "Get-WinEvent -Providername Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter -MaxEvents 5 | Format-List TimeCreated,Message"...
  9. Computer wakes up during the night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer wakes up during the night: I have a problem in connection with Windows Update. An event called Universal Orchestrator Start wakes up my laptop during the night. I tried to edit it in the event scheduler, but it is asking for username and password I dont know. I would like to find out what my password...
  10. PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate: A few Preview builds have been acting strangely. If I put computer to sleep or hibernate it wakes up by itself and keeps doing in the loop. Seems like it's happening during the night. Any idea? Thanks 105289

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to prevent StartMenuExperienceHost.exe waking up my PC

2. startmenuexperiencehost.exe waking pc

3. startmenuexperiencehost.exe waking computer