Windows 10: computer lock

Discus and support computer lock in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I get this lockup saying I have a virus says it is from microsoft and to call them and they will tell me how to rid it. The only way I get it off is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ben Daniels, Feb 2, 2017.

1. computer lock

I get this lockup saying I have a virus says it is from microsoft and to call them and they will tell me how to rid it. The only way I get it off is alt ctrl delete and reboot then its ok. Is there a way to keep it off? I have 360 Total sercurity this happens maybe once a week

:)

Ben Daniels, Feb 2, 2017
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

computer lock

Hello Noel,

The challenge that you are having is somehow related to Screen Saver settings. The easiest way to fix this is by going to Control Panel> Appearance and Personalization > Change screen saver > Then uncheck
    On resume, display logon screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Feb 2, 2017
  3. Locked Computer

My grandfather logged into the Microsoft app and when his screen timed out, he was unable to log back in. He has used all of his passwords and has been unable to log back in. We aren'teven able to use Ctrl + Alt+ Delete to bypass this screen. Can anyone
    point us in a direction for answers?

NatallieBest, Feb 2, 2017
  4. bookfox Win User

computer lock

I assume you're using the Edge browser? IME, 99% of the time its not a virus, just a malware page. You can close it without having to reboot, but the timing is tricky. Close the popup (reboot if you must), then 'reset' Edge itself, including your home page. Make sure there are no extra tabs - other than your home page - set to open automatically. If its what I think, that will take care of it. Though it couldn't hurt to run a malwarebytes scan and possibly flush your DNS. "ipconfig /flushdns" in command prompt. I deal with that same issue all the time.

bookfox, Feb 2, 2017
  5. it also says I have I believe the Venus virus

Ben Daniels, Feb 2, 2017
  6. bookfox Win User
    Hm. VenusLocker maybe? Everything I see on that indicates its one of the 'encrypts all your files' type bugs. Nothing indicating Microsoft. Can you provide the full text of the message? Better yet, a screenshot of it?

bookfox, Feb 2, 2017
  7. Ben Daniels,

If it is the VenusLocker Ransomware, it appends the following extensios to filenames: .Venusf, .Venusp

Is that the case?

cottonball, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

computer lock

1. computer lock - Similar Threads - computer lock

2. In-Place Upgrade has me locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In-Place Upgrade has me locked out of my computer: For the last two weeks windows 11 has been crashing my apps and causing errors. I did all the steps I could to keep my computer running. All my updates are installed for windows and my laptop hardware, all my drivers are up to date, and I repaired and reinstalled all my apps....
  3. In-Place Upgrade has me locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In-Place Upgrade has me locked out of my computer: For the last two weeks windows 11 has been crashing my apps and causing errors. I did all the steps I could to keep my computer running. All my updates are installed for windows and my laptop hardware, all my drivers are up to date, and I repaired and reinstalled all my apps....
  4. My computer is locked up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is locked up.: Warning on laptop. Computer locked up and a number provided to call in us.Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-locked-up/e3c37184-2c5c-4777-8c7b-99ceff46e507
  5. My computer is locked up.

My computer is locked up.: Warning on laptop. Computer locked up and a number provided to call in us.Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-locked-up/e3c37184-2c5c-4777-8c7b-99ceff46e507
  6. My computer is locked by the defender

My computer is locked by the defender: I need help to unlock my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-locked-by-the-defender/aa9c7568-1598-4695-b59a-ff8bc61c85c3
  7. My computer is locked by the defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is locked by the defender: I need help to unlock my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-locked-by-the-defender/aa9c7568-1598-4695-b59a-ff8bc61c85c3
  8. Family safety keeps locking my PC even though I am an adult and only user on my computer....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety keeps locking my PC even though I am an adult and only user on my computer....: Hello, I just installed microsoft on my pc. Somehow, family safety keeps locking my PC even though I am an adult and only user on my computer. It says 'This device is locked because of your family settings for screen time'. I just want to access my computer for work related...
  9. Family safety keeps locking my PC even though I am an adult and only user on my computer....

Family safety keeps locking my PC even though I am an adult and only user on my computer....: Hello, I just installed microsoft on my pc. Somehow, family safety keeps locking my PC even though I am an adult and only user on my computer. It says 'This device is locked because of your family settings for screen time'. I just want to access my computer for work related...
  10. Family safety keeps locking my PC even though I am an adult and only user on my computer....

in User Accounts and Family Safety