Windows 10: Computer locking up when playing games/stressed

Discus and support Computer locking up when playing games/stressed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Attachment 40442 My computer has been locking up recently. It seems fine until I start to put strain onto the system. This is usually done by me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KirinShowcase, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Computer locking up when playing games/stressed

Attachment 40442
    My computer has been locking up recently. It seems fine until I start to put strain onto the system. This is usually done by me playing games. At first I thought it was heat and noticed my processor getting up there in temp. I went out and bought a new case and a new liquid cooling system (Something that needed to be done anyway). As I monitored over the next few days the freezing didn't stop, but my temperatures were a lot better. I did a complete reinstall of windows onto my HDD's to make sure it wasn't a driver. I did HDD's checks and nothing showed up. My next step was checking the ram. After running for 8 hours on each stick, then together, nothing showed up as an issue. I pulled out each piece to test everything, but like I said it only happens when I seem to put strain on the system. I tested both my graphics cards and I thought one was causing the issue, but it freezes on both. At this point I am at a lose as to what it could be. My thought is it might be the motherboard, but I am not sure. So I ask to you all, why is my computer locking up?

My system specs :
    Motherboard- Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
    Processor - AMD 9590
    Ram- Corsair Vengeance 8GB x 2
    GPU - AMD R9 290x x2
    Power Supply - Rosewill Lightening 1300w
    Liquid CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro H100i GTX
    HDD- Wester Digital 1TB
    Wester Digital 2TB
    SDD- Sandisk 120GB
    Case- Cooler Master HAF X
    Wireless Card - TP link WDN4800
    More about : computer locking wrong

I looked in my event viewer and am seeing a lot of errors.

:)

KirinShowcase, Sep 30, 2015
  2. 7thSense Win User

Lumia 525 heating problem

This is normal when the processor/GPU is stressed (for example when playing games).

7thSense, Sep 30, 2015
  3. J.DD Win User
    Machine_check_exception BSOD

Does it crash normally (If you dont play those games)?

Are those games up to date?? Have you installed any updates for them?

If it doesnt crash if you dont play those games, it could be the games. Or they're stressing something out

4. axe0 New Member

Computer locking up when playing games/stressed

Hi KirinShowcase,

Welcome to the 10forums.

You are missing a driver for the TP-LINK Wireless PCI Express Adapter what caused a few crashes.
    Please check here for drivers.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athrx.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athrx.sys[/quote]

5. Depending on when that was I had just recently reinstalled that from the TP-Link site.

KirinShowcase, Sep 30, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please check the device manager for the network adapters.
    Yours
    Code: Name [00000000] TP-LINK Wireless PCI Express Adapter Adapter Type Not Available Product Type TP-LINK Wireless PCI Express Adapter Installed Yes PNP Device ID Not Available Last Reset 10/1/2015 12:38 AM Index 0 Service Name athr IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway Not Available DHCP Enabled Yes DHCP Server Not Available DHCP Lease Expires Not Available DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available MAC Address Not Available[/quote] How it should look like
    Code: Name [00000007] ASUS PCE-AC68 802.11ac Network Adapter Adapter Type Ethernet 802.3 Product Type ASUS PCE-AC68 802.11ac Network Adapter Installed Yes PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_43A0&SUBSYS_85DF1043&REV_03\54A000FFFF00000000 Last Reset 9/30/2015 4:19 PM Index 7 Service Name BCM43XX IP Address 192.168.0.7, fe80::64b0:6ebc:590b:1d83, 2605:6001:e155:c100::1 IP Subnet 255.255.255.0, 64, 128 Default IP Gateway 192.168.0.1 DHCP Enabled Yes DHCP Server 192.168.0.1 DHCP Lease Expires 9/30/2015 5:49 PM DHCP Lease Obtained 9/30/2015 4:49 PM MAC Address 54:A0:50:70:B0:22 Memory Address 0xF7A00000-0xF7A07FFF Memory Address 0xF7800000-0xF79FFFFF IRQ Channel IRQ 16 Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\bcmwl664.sys (6.30.223.228, 7.70 MB (8,071,888 bytes), 8/5/2015 8:39 PM)[/quote]

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Computer locking up when playing games/stressed

1. Computer locking up when playing games/stressed - Similar Threads - Computer locking playing

2. BSOD when Playing Games - Stress tests do not cause BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when Playing Games - Stress tests do not cause BSOD: Hello Community!I present to you... a weird one.I have a brand new AORUS 15P i7 3080 Laptop that crashes and studders during games... only sometimes.My Background. I work full time in the IT industry and have been for the last 7 years in a senior role. General...
  3. BSOD when Playing Games - Stress tests do not cause BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when Playing Games - Stress tests do not cause BSOD: Hello Community!I present to you... a weird one.I have a brand new AORUS 15P i7 3080 Laptop that crashes and studders during games... only sometimes.My Background. I work full time in the IT industry and have been for the last 7 years in a senior role. General...
  4. BSOD when Playing Games - Stress tests do not cause BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC locks up when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC locks up when playing games: HelloI recently got a brand new PC and for the past month I've had an issue where any game I play can randomly slow down over the space of a second or two and then crash. The screen will freeze and I'll be unable to tab out to other windows, I will be able to see those...
  6. PC locks up when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC locks up when playing games: HelloI recently got a brand new PC and for the past month I've had an issue where any game I play can randomly slow down over the space of a second or two and then crash. The screen will freeze and I'll be unable to tab out to other windows, I will be able to see those...
  7. PC locks up when playing games

8. Windows 10 locks up and resets when playing a game

Windows 10 locks up and resets when playing a game: Good Evening, I was playing a game tonight when my computer locked up and restarted itself i have a i7-7700k a gtx 1080ti 32gb ddr4 I was playing assassing creed Odyssey when this happened i have just recently put a overclock on my CPU of 4.9GHZ at 1.33v and it was...
  9. BSOD when playing game or stressing GPU

BSOD when playing game or stressing GPU: Hello guys, My pc works great. I can browse internet, watch movies etc. But when i play game after 5-10 min i got BSOD with lined screen and buzzing sound coming from my headphones. After crash with no error it force me to hard shutdown or reset. When i reset pc or shut it...
  10. Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games: I've been having this issue for nearly a year now (probably around 9 months). It started after my little sister made me get a virus by her trying to download something onto my laptop. I've since taken it to a reputable computer shop as well as followed instructions from other...