Windows 10: Computer locking up with general use / games

Discus and support Computer locking up with general use / games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, Hopefully i've posted this in the right area if not please move it if required mods Anyways having an currently an issue with this PC i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by soul, Apr 8, 2017.

1. soul Win User

Computer locking up with general use / games

Hi all,

Hopefully i've posted this in the right area if not please move it if required mods

Anyways having an currently an issue with this PC i have just recently formatted and reinstalled all my drivers and games after 2-3 days i started getting locks up (Black screen, repeating sound) can come from anywhere along minutes to hours or days gives me no error logs or a BSOD can be within playing games or just general use mostly happens in games since i'm always on them.

Wondering if anyone knows any way to troubleshoot into this?

So far i've re-seated the GPU & RAM, cleanly uninstalled AMD drivers in safe mode and reinstalled (also gone different versions same issue), have ran a memtest for 8hrs with no fails, furmark and cpu stress testing all have no issues temp wise

:)

soul, Apr 8, 2017
  2. jdbowers Win User

unable to install Build 16199_rs,

Computer locks up while trying to install Build 16199_rs, generally get to 31% then the install freezes

jdbowers, Apr 8, 2017
  3. bad config on start up.

Ifollowed the instructions to press start up button three times now it won't work at all, all I have is that an operating system not found press ctrl+alt+del to restart and then the same message comes back up please please please advise

fed up with computer, Apr 8, 2017
Thema:

Computer locking up with general use / games

1. Computer locking up with general use / games - Similar Threads - Computer locking general

2. Keys getting stuck on as I play games and use the computer generally.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys getting stuck on as I play games and use the computer generally.: Often, but not exclusively, they are lesser used keys. This problem has now been an issue across 3 different nearly brand-new or newer keyboards, with up-to-date drivers. The keys are not sticking, physically, either. Sticky keys is off and the shortcut is off.I am using an...
  3. Keys getting stuck on as I play games and use the computer generally.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keys getting stuck on as I play games and use the computer generally.: Often, but not exclusively, they are lesser used keys. This problem has now been an issue across 3 different nearly brand-new keyboards, with up-to-date drivers. The keys are not sticking, physically, either. Sticky keys is off and the shortcut is off.I am using an AMD Ryzen...
  4. Random BSOD - through gaming and general use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD - through gaming and general use: Can someone help me figure out what hardware is causing the problem? Computer was fine when I had a 5600x in it. Upgraded the 5800x and cleared CMOS before installation and BSOD started happening. Tried reseating the ram, M.2, all power cables, and GPU. Also, reinstalled...
  5. Random DSOD - through gaming and general use

Random DSOD - through gaming and general use: Can someone help me figure out what hardware is causing the problem? Computer was fine when I had a 5600x in it. Upgraded the 5800x and cleared CMOS before installation and BSOD started happening. Tried reseating the ram, M.2, all power cables, and GPU. Also, reinstalled...
  6. Computer keeps Locking up and being generally unstable

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer keeps Locking up and being generally unstable: So my computer has been repeatedly freezing and crashing over the last month and it has progressively gotten worse. It started as just a problem with Apex legends of all things but slowly evolved into crashing any program i have active on the computer and then the computer...
  7. computer locked up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer locked up: my computer has locked up by a fake support scam. How do I unlock my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/computer-locked-up/36a3d5ec-9e19-4ea4-b121-ee68c04d55c3
  8. Computer lock up

Computer lock up: My computer locks up, in any program including Windows 10 help page, sometimes for only 10 seconds sometimes for over 30 minutes, can anyone suggest why and how to fix the problem?...
  9. computer locking up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer locking up: Hi - Windows installed updates two days ago, and since I have been having issues with it completely locking up. Should I try to roll back the latest updates? Thanks, Christina...
  10. Computer locking up when playing games/stressed

Computer locking up when playing games/stressed: Attachment 40442 My computer has been locking up recently. It seems fine until I start to put strain onto the system. This is usually done by me playing games. At first I thought it was heat and noticed my processor getting up there in temp. I went out and bought a new case...