Windows 10: Computer Login

Discus and support Computer Login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My grandpa passed away and he had a Hp laptop,well it turns out its got a password and i have done everything i know of to get into the computer.... no... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by king901, Mar 26, 2017.

1. king901 Win User

Computer Login

My grandpa passed away and he had a Hp laptop,well it turns out its got a password and i have done everything i know of to get into the computer.... no luck. I know i can reset a clean copy of the windows 8 or 10 on it but i don't want to do that because it has stuff that my dad needs on it. if anybody can help me that would be great.

:)

king901, Mar 26, 2017
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 26, 2017
  3. Computer login

Hi. I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems, but I'm here to help.

If you use a Microsoft account to sign in to your PC, the password you use to sign in is the same as the password on your Microsoft account. You would need to change the password for your Microsoft account.

JoeThiesen, Mar 26, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Computer Login

5. king901 Win User
    Thanks, i did what you posted and it didnt work at all? is there any other options ?

king901, Mar 27, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    In what way didn't it work? Do you have a recovery drive or install media to boot from? Could you get to the command prompt? Read the instructions carefully and see if you missed a step.

7. king901 Win User
    well on this hp i have to boot useing the esc key and then press f11 to get into boot options and then i got on cmd and did the steps and got nothing?

king901, Mar 27, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Computer Login

Which steps did you do? Did you run Regedit? Option Four would be the only way to get into a machine if you don't have the password.

If you succeeded you should see Administrator at the lower left corner of the login screen. Click on the name to log in, by default Administrator has no password.

9. king901 Win User
    Nevermind that last post i got the administrator account on my grandpa pc thanks for all your help. is there a way to get you a point for your help today.

king901, Mar 27, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    Great news!

There's a 'thumb' at the bottom left of each post..

Thema:

Computer Login

1. Computer Login - Similar Threads - Computer Login

2. I have reset my computer and cant get into it to login in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have reset my computer and cant get into it to login in: I have done a pc reset to set up new user but it has old user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-reset-my-computer-and-cant-get-into-it-to/26b72641-6c54-4e93-9768-0d9431da250e
  3. I have reset my computer and cant get into it to login in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have reset my computer and cant get into it to login in: I have done a pc reset to set up new user but it has old user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-reset-my-computer-and-cant-get-into-it-to/26b72641-6c54-4e93-9768-0d9431da250e
  4. I have reset my computer and cant get into it to login in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. How do I factory reset my computer from the login screen without knowing the password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I factory reset my computer from the login screen without knowing the password: I was given a laptop from my work and I have now left my job but I have forgotten the password and I am stuck on the login screen without the password. Is there a way to factory reset the laptop in this position....
  6. How do I factory reset my computer from the login screen without knowing the password

How do I factory reset my computer from the login screen without knowing the password: I was given a laptop from my work and I have now left my job but I have forgotten the password and I am stuck on the login screen without the password. Is there a way to factory reset the laptop in this position....
  7. How do I factory reset my computer from the login screen without knowing the password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. The PIN to login to my computer stopped working - cant reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The PIN to login to my computer stopped working - cant reset it: The 4 digit PIN that I use to unlock and login to my computer just stopped working all of the sudden. I’ve tried to click the link to send me an email to verify it, but it wont send me an email. It is making me use the phone number added to the account and the # is no longer...
  9. The PIN to login to my computer stopped working - cant reset it

The PIN to login to my computer stopped working - cant reset it: The 4 digit PIN that I use to unlock and login to my computer just stopped working all of the sudden. I’ve tried to click the link to send me an email to verify it, but it wont send me an email. It is making me use the phone number added to the account and the # is no longer...
  10. Computer login question.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer login question.: If the Microsoft account linked to my computer was compromised, and I can't remember the password to my computer, is it possible to factory reset it? I know My buddy factory reset his computer, but needed the current Microsoft account info/passwordAdditionally, if my email...