Windows 10: Computer login

Discus and support Computer login in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change the security setting on my computer login? Security won't allow a PIN to unlock.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JanMcp07, Jul 21, 2018.

1. JanMcp07 Win User

Computer login

How do I change the security setting on my computer login? Security won't allow a PIN to unlock.

:)

JanMcp07, Jul 21, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Random account appeared on login to my computer

Hi Mathew,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I suggest you to try the below steps to remove the user account from your computer.

• Login to your computer through administrator account.

• Press Windows key + r and type
      netplwiz
      , hit Enter.

• Select the user account, you want to remove.

• Click on the Remove button.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Computer login

I can't login to my computer

Hi,

We just want to follow up on your concern since we noticed that it's been more than 72 hours since you posted it. Are you still unable to login to your computer? This could be happening due to some corrupted system files. Since this only happened after installing
    an update, we suggest rolling back the update by following these steps:

• In the login screen, click the Power button on the bottom right corner.
    • Hold the Shift key and click Restart.
    • Once you get to the Recovery screen, choose See advanced repair options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • Click System Restore and use it to go back to a point in time before the update was installed.
    • You can then try to reinstall the update to see if the error disappears. If the same thing happens again, you may follow the steps in this

article
      to prevent the update from reinstalling.

Let us know if you're able to login properly after following these steps.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

Computer login

1. Computer login - Similar Threads - Computer login

2. I have reset my computer and cant get into it to login in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have reset my computer and cant get into it to login in: I have done a pc reset to set up new user but it has old user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-reset-my-computer-and-cant-get-into-it-to/26b72641-6c54-4e93-9768-0d9431da250e
  3. I have reset my computer and cant get into it to login in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have reset my computer and cant get into it to login in: I have done a pc reset to set up new user but it has old user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-reset-my-computer-and-cant-get-into-it-to/26b72641-6c54-4e93-9768-0d9431da250e
  4. I have reset my computer and cant get into it to login in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. How do I factory reset my computer from the login screen without knowing the password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I factory reset my computer from the login screen without knowing the password: I was given a laptop from my work and I have now left my job but I have forgotten the password and I am stuck on the login screen without the password. Is there a way to factory reset the laptop in this position....
  6. How do I factory reset my computer from the login screen without knowing the password

How do I factory reset my computer from the login screen without knowing the password: I was given a laptop from my work and I have now left my job but I have forgotten the password and I am stuck on the login screen without the password. Is there a way to factory reset the laptop in this position....
  7. How do I factory reset my computer from the login screen without knowing the password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. The PIN to login to my computer stopped working - cant reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The PIN to login to my computer stopped working - cant reset it: The 4 digit PIN that I use to unlock and login to my computer just stopped working all of the sudden. I’ve tried to click the link to send me an email to verify it, but it wont send me an email. It is making me use the phone number added to the account and the # is no longer...
  9. The PIN to login to my computer stopped working - cant reset it

The PIN to login to my computer stopped working - cant reset it: The 4 digit PIN that I use to unlock and login to my computer just stopped working all of the sudden. I’ve tried to click the link to send me an email to verify it, but it wont send me an email. It is making me use the phone number added to the account and the # is no longer...
  10. Computer login question.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer login question.: If the Microsoft account linked to my computer was compromised, and I can't remember the password to my computer, is it possible to factory reset it? I know My buddy factory reset his computer, but needed the current Microsoft account info/passwordAdditionally, if my email...