Windows 10: Computer Management-Upgraded Internal Secondary Hard Drive

Discus and support Computer Management-Upgraded Internal Secondary Hard Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS-17 L702X laptop running Windows 10 Pro x64. I upgraded my 500GB internal secondary drive to a 1TB drive. I did not do a quick format... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sichuan, May 8, 2018.

1. Sichuan Win User

Computer Management-Upgraded Internal Secondary Hard Drive

I have a Dell XPS-17 L702X laptop running Windows 10 Pro x64. I upgraded my 500GB internal secondary drive to a 1TB drive. I did not do a quick format of this new 1TB but rather did the full, longer format. The new, upgraded 1TB secondary drive was made active and assigned the drive letter D, which is the same drive letter as the original 500GB internal secondary drive. I don't have any problems accessing this new 1TB Drive D but I notice a problem with the drive listings in Computer Management.

I know that Drive C is the OS drive and is marked Disk 0 and that my internal secondary Drive D should be marked as Disk 1. However, the internal secondary drive is listed twice, once as Disk 1 partition 1 (Simple-Basic-Raw-Formatting) and also as New Volume D (Simple-Basic-NTFS-Healthy Active Primary Partition). I think I made a mistake during the initial formatting when I chose quick format and then cancelled the operation, instead selecting the full format.

I believe that my new, internal secondary drive should be marked in Computer Management as Disk 1 partition 1 (Simple-Basic-NTFS-Healthy Active Primary Partition). How do I remove the extra listing "Disk 1 partition 1 (Simple-Basic-Raw-Formatting), which is the third listing down from the top? I don't know why is still shows as "Formatting" because when I attempt to cancel this listing it tells me that it is already formatted.

I have attached a screenshot of my Computer Management window. You can disregard "New Volume F" as this is an external 1TB drive that I use as a backup for my Drive D and also to store a redundant copy of an Acronis full backup of Drive C. I am currently transferring the information from my old 500 GB Secondary Drive D which I had previously copied to New Volume F, from the New Volume F drive to my new 1TBSecondary Drive D, the one listed as New Volume D (Simple-Basic-NTFS-Healthy Active Primary Partition).

How do I remove the extra listing "Disk 1 partition 1 (Simple-Basic-Raw-Formatting) and if I remove it will the listing now shown as New Volume D (Simple-Basic-NTFS-Healthy Active Primary Partition) be relisted as Disk 1 partition 1 (Simple-Basic-NTFS-Healthy Active Primary Partition) or will it still be listed as New Volume D (Simple-Basic-NTFS-Healthy Active Primary Partition)? I can't find any way to delete "Disk 1 partition 1 (Simple-Basic-Raw-Formatting)" and I don't know if I will cause problems by deleting it. In any event, I have an extra drive listing in Computer Management that should not be there.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

:)

Sichuan, May 8, 2018
Thema:

Computer Management-Upgraded Internal Secondary Hard Drive

1. Computer Management-Upgraded Internal Secondary Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Computer Management Upgraded

2. accident with secondary hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    accident with secondary hard drive: hello! i've been encountering issues with my hard drive. i accidentally deleted the partition on my other hard drive that i believe manages knowing what other partitions are and their file types.i now have a disk that has a 340gb partition without a file system that doesn't...
  3. accident with secondary hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    accident with secondary hard drive: hello! i've been encountering issues with my hard drive. i accidentally deleted the partition on my other hard drive that i believe manages knowing what other partitions are and their file types.i now have a disk that has a 340gb partition without a file system that doesn't...
  4. In-place upgrade on secondary hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In-place upgrade on secondary hard drive?: I have a two SSDs in my computer with windows 10 installs on them, lets call them A and B. Something is wrong with startup files on B and no matter what i try, i cant boot into it. I can boot into A however, and can access B once inside of A and access all of B’s files. I...
  5. File management with two internal hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File management with two internal hard drives: My computer has two internal hard drives, a SSD for the operating system Windows 10 and a larger hard drive for storage of files. What is the best and safest way to change the location of the User Data Folders to the larger drive? Before buying this computer I was told it was...
  6. Internal hard drive not getting detected after upgrading the computer to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal hard drive not getting detected after upgrading the computer to Windows 10: Just "upgraded" and that term hardly fits to Win 10 from 7, and now my computer does not recognize an 8TB internally mounted hard drive. What's the fix? Tried MiniTool partition wizard free version, and it can't even find the drive. Thanks again for all you do to make life...
  7. New computer without internal hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New computer without internal hard drive: Just bought a computer without an internal hard drive. I also have an external hard drive to use with this computer. How should I set it up the computer and install new programs. At this time I do not want to use Onedrive and cloud. Thank you now for any advice someone...
  8. Internal Hard Drive

Internal Hard Drive: I have an internal hard drive i got from my day that came out of his desk top. It has a lot of data on it i want to recover and put onto an external dar drive. I can see the drive when i run diskmgmt but cannot right click on it or browse files. I get this error with it "was...
  9. Internal secondary hard drive not recognised

Internal secondary hard drive not recognised: After fitting SSD (C: drive) to my Win10 machine I connected the old hard drive as a secondary storage drive. Win10 does not "see" it! But Belarc Adviser "sees" the hard drive! How to force Win 10 to recognise the secondary drive? Simple steps please for a non-techie....
  10. Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive: Hi! Bought a replacement secondary hard drive, but want to know best tool to clone it. My main drive is an SSD with Windows on, but I used Kari's tutorial to move the user folder on to a secondary hard drive, so just unsure on the best way to go to keep the User folder...