Windows 10: Computer momentarily blanks screen for 2 seconds then screen returns

Discus and support Computer momentarily blanks screen for 2 seconds then screen returns in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an HP AIO Envy Recline computer . Every once in a while the screen turns off for a second or two then it comes back on as if nothing has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sportflyer, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Computer momentarily blanks screen for 2 seconds then screen returns

I have an HP AIO Envy Recline computer . Every once in a while the screen turns off for a second or two then it comes back on as if nothing has happened . The time interval between instances is very random . Does not happen every session . I remember this did not happen when the computer was running Windows 8.1 but happens after I upgraded to Window 10. Most of the time if it occurs , it will happen within a 5 mins or so of the computer waking up from sleep . My computer is never turned off , I just put it to sleep whenever I am not using it.

Any ideas what might be causing it? I keep the computer updated as required including drivers if advised by HP .

:)

sportflyer, Apr 18, 2016
  2. bk76---01 Win User

Some observations in power saver in E71

I have observed the following:

1. If the any power saver other than the blank screen is running, and the key pad is also locked, and then you press the D-pad central button, it shows the date, time and some other info in large font (as expected). But once the button is de-pressed, it does
    not return the power saver, but shows blank screen.

2. Breathing light works only with blank screen as power saver, or if one reaches blank screen, as mentioned in the first point.

Any comments on this? In my opinion, for point 1, it should have returned to the power saver set up originally, instaed of the blank screen. The second point seems ok though, though it woould be good to have breating light in all the power savers.

Regards,

BK76

bk76---01, Apr 18, 2016
  3. Nokia 5800 camera trouble - won't open at all

Hi,

Received this phone 2 days ago, when I press the capture button or go to applications and click on camera the screen goes blank for a couple of seconds as if the camera is opening but then returns to the screen that I was on. Have reset the camera settings
    but this did nothing to help.

Any help appreciated!

chilediamond, Apr 18, 2016
Thema:

Computer momentarily blanks screen for 2 seconds then screen returns

1. Computer momentarily blanks screen for 2 seconds then screen returns - Similar Threads - Computer momentarily blanks

2. Snip screenshot returns partial blank screen on second monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Snip screenshot returns partial blank screen on second monitors: Hello, I have an issue: when I take a screenshot of a section that includes both monitor 1 and 2, the second monitor is not seen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-screenshot-returns-partial-blank-screen-on/63e3c1d9-b17d-46a1-b168-a1ebf1a645f3
  3. Snip screenshot returns partial blank screen on second monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip screenshot returns partial blank screen on second monitors: Hello, I have an issue: when I take a screenshot of a section that includes both monitor 1 and 2, the second monitor is not seen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-screenshot-returns-partial-blank-screen-on/63e3c1d9-b17d-46a1-b168-a1ebf1a645f3
  4. Snip screenshot returns partial blank screen on second monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds: I installed new driver for my cpu and now it turns off for like .5 seconds and I can't do anything other thank open the stupid radeon gaming and task manager cpu is amd a8 6410I can restart but that does nothing, and I can't open settingsI've doneWIN+r opens but can't do...
  6. Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds: I installed new driver for my cpu and now it turns of for like .5 seconds and I can't do anything other thank open the stupid radeon gaming and task manager cpu is amd a8 6410I can restart but that does nothing, and I can't open settingsI've doneWIN+r opens but can't do...
  7. Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds: I installed new driver for my cpu and now it turns of for like .5 seconds and I can't do anything other thank open the stupid radeon gaming and task manager cpu is amd a8 6410I can restart but that does nothing, and I can't open settingsI've doneWIN+r opens but can't do...
  8. blank screen on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blank screen on computer: I have a Lenovo All in One and while using my screen went blank . Now the only thing that is visible on the black or gray screen is the curser arrow for the mouse and nothing else , Any suggestions ?...
  9. Computer Blank screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Blank screen: I did a system restore trying to get rid of a program that was accidently install and now I have a blank screen. It says it is doing Automatic repair and when it ends ot says could not fix problems, Gives me advanced options and none of those will work....
  10. Second screen blank

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second screen blank: Hi All, I have just upgraded from win 7 to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I have 2 screen attached to a usb2.0 to VGA splitter. I have tried to extend to second monitor but all I get is a black screen with a mouse pointer so I know its working! I have cheked all the drivers on...