Windows 10: Computer mouse not working

Discus and support Computer mouse not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, so after I downloaded one of the recent Windows 10 updates my mouse has not been able to work. My keyboard works smoothly and ok, just my mouse. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Owen_992, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Owen_992 Win User

Computer mouse not working

Hi, so after I downloaded one of the recent Windows 10 updates my mouse has not been able to work. My keyboard works smoothly and ok, just my mouse. I have tried searching up possible resolutions to this problem such as the uninstallation of patch KB4074588 however I cannot even find it on my desktop. Anyone help? Thanks.

:)

Owen_992, Aug 19, 2018

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Mouse not working

Hi MaalisuoKofi,

It appears that your mouse is no longer detected on your computer. The possible reasons why its no longer working could be hardware or driver issues. For us to isolate and address this issue, we would like to ask the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • If a desktop, are you using a USB or wireless mouse?

Since the issue appeared after an OS installation, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, search for Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting in the search results.
    • In the left pane, click View all.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

You may also refer to Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows for more information.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Computer mouse not working

keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Computer mouse not working

1. Computer mouse not working - Similar Threads - Computer mouse working

2. Computer's mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer's mouse and keyboard not working: Hi, my computer was running fine up until this morning, issues are that I cannot use my keyboard or mouse while on the initial lock screen however I can use them when on the BiOS menus. Tried booting up in safe mode but that sent me to the same lock screen but that time it...
  3. Computer's mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer's mouse and keyboard not working: Hi, my computer was running fine up until this morning, issues are that I cannot use my keyboard or mouse while on the initial lock screen however I can use them when on the BiOS menus. Tried booting up in safe mode but that sent me to the same lock screen but that time it...
  4. Computer's mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer mouse and keyboard not working: Was on my computer when suddenly my mouse and keyboard stopped working. Tried turning it off and on still nothing , the LEDs on my keyboard still light up and the laser at the bottom of my mouse still lights up but doesn't do anything , I cant do anything ,can't log in ,I...
  6. Computer mouse and keyboard not working

Computer mouse and keyboard not working: Was on my computer when suddenly my mouse and keyboard stopped working. Tried turning it off and on still nothing , the LEDs on my keyboard still light up and the laser at the bottom of my mouse still lights up but doesn't do anything , I cant do anything ,can't log in ,I...
  7. Computer mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Computer and mouse do not work correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer and mouse do not work correctly: Bonjour, I seem to have run into a strange error or path onto my computer.I am unsure of what causes it, but at seemingly random intervals the PC will either swap around or misconfigure my keyboard and mouse. What happens is my PC will no longer recognize a standard...
  9. Keyboard and Mouse are not working in My computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse are not working in My computer: My keyboard and mouse are not working on my computer but if plugged into others computer, it work like normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-are-not-working-in-my-computer/bdb5aea9-5b98-4e4d-aeb0-87e7216ca39d
  10. Keyboard and Mouse are not working in My computer

Keyboard and Mouse are not working in My computer: My keyboard and mouse are not working on my computer but if plugged into others computer, it work like normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-are-not-working-in-my-computer/bdb5aea9-5b98-4e4d-aeb0-87e7216ca39d