Windows 10: Computer Name Wrong in Homegroup But Right on Network?

Discus and support Computer Name Wrong in Homegroup But Right on Network? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have what I think is a simple problem. Here is a picture of the swapped names as I can't seem to find anybody else with this issue as I searched.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by clubairth, Mar 1, 2017.

1. clubairth Win User

Computer Name Wrong in Homegroup But Right on Network?

I have what I think is a simple problem.

Here is a picture of the swapped names as I can't seem to find anybody else with this issue as I searched.

Computer Name Wrong in Homegroup But Right on Network? [​IMG]

How do I get 1 out of 2?
    What have I done wrong?
    Thanks for the help!

:)

clubairth, Mar 1, 2017
  2. Lannieone Win User

Windows 10 Error: "no other homegroup PC's are available right now"

I have 3 computers, all running Win 10. computer A and B recognize and share files. Computer C only gets the message

"no other homegroup PC's are available right now". both A & B are awake and running. Diagnostics find nothing wrong.

Went thru joining, correct password and all.

Original Title: homegroup

Lannieone, Mar 1, 2017
  3. How to recover HomeGroup User name

Hi Stansliwa,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Based on your information, be informed that the name of your computer is your user name. Open
    file explorer, right click on This PC and click on
    Properties now you can see the name computer name.

If the issue still persist, try creating a new HomeGroup and check if this helps. Follow the below link on HomeGroup from start to finish

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...-finish=windows-81&v1h=win81tab7&v2h=win7tab1

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 1, 2017
  4. Computer Name Wrong in Homegroup But Right on Network?

Welcome to the TenForums @clubairth

Are you using Homegroups to share information or are you logging on to machines to share?

Are all the machines in the homegroup?

If you look at this article it appears that Clubairth1 is part of a homegroup and I would say clubairth2 is where you set the homegroup up.

Everything You Need to Know About Using HomeGroups in Windows

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 2, 2017
  5. AndreyT Win User
    Um... I don't see the issue. What exactly made you think that computer names are different? In both places in your screenshot I see exactly the same computer name - CLUBAIRTH1. The highlighted Clubairth2 part is not a computer name. It is your network name. It is the network that hosts your current homegroup.

AndreyT, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Computer Name Wrong in Homegroup But Right on Network?

1. Computer Name Wrong in Homegroup But Right on Network? - Similar Threads - Computer Name Wrong

2. Setup a homegroup or a home network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup a homegroup or a home network.: HelloI want to setup a homegroup or a home network.The problem is that I do not manage to setup both PCs to the same homegroup.Printer tells me, that PC 1 is not in same Network as PC 2.Is the problem maybe the Devolo Powerline on which PC 2 is running?Thanks in advance for...
  3. Administrative rights on network computers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrative rights on network computers?: Hi folks, New user here! I'm wondering if anyone here can point me in the right direction? I'm trying to set up Unreal Engine's NDisplay on multiple computers (sorry, most people prolly won't know what i'm talking about!) From the Unreal docs, it states: Make sure that...
  4. Network computer name

Network computer name: 2 computers: L and D. I want to share all files on L with D File explorer in D shows truncated name for computer L I tried to share the c: drive on L but when I look at in in D it tells me I have to permissions. How do I reset and start again?...
  5. Windows 10 - Networking (Homegroup)

Windows 10 - Networking (Homegroup): I have four devices: 1.) Desktop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 2.) Black Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 3.) Red Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 4.) White Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17723.1000 Modem is dual band 2.5Ghz...
  6. Homegroup created by a computer no longer on the network

Homegroup created by a computer no longer on the network: I realize there are other threads on the topic of Homegroups but I did not want to hijack any. I upgraded two desktops (from win 7 and win 8.1) to Win 10. While I love it, I must say it did not go as smoothly as I anticipated (and I consider myself reasonably computer savvy)....
  7. Networking issue (Homegroup etc)

Networking issue (Homegroup etc): Hi, I have been trying to setup a network between 2 Windows 10 computers. I have tried the homegroup route but receive an error. I have turned off firewalls, AV Protection, etc. I have tried just sharing the folders out over network but cannot do it. I am stumped. I need...
  8. Homegroup/Networking Problems

Homegroup/Networking Problems: I adopted the Windows 10 preview back before July, did a fresh install and had it working with another PC here at home which was Windows 7 Ultimate x 64. The homegroup worked fine between the two... but after I upgraded the Windows 7 machine, it stopped working. I used the...
  9. Network name Right Click Non-Functional

Network name Right Click Non-Functional: In Windows 7 we could right click the available wireless networks and access their Status, Properties etc. as shown below. But in Windows 8, Microsoft has taken a step backwards and either removed this convenient feature or could this be a bug? I would love to get that...
  10. Private Network Number/Name, Homegroup etc

Private Network Number/Name, Homegroup etc: 1) NETWORK NAMES- See below, My 'automated' private network number/names are showing up different on all my machines. Is there a way to make them all the same? Or rename them? Is this the same or different than the old Workgroup name? I can currently see all my other...