Windows 10: Computer Network Error Logging on Other Computers

Discus and support Computer Network Error Logging on Other Computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What folders are you sharing often people try and share a user's document folder or other in their profile by default if your on that PC as admin you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Samuria, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Samuria Win User

Computer Network Error Logging on Other Computers

What folders are you sharing often people try and share a user's document folder or other in their profile by default if your on that PC as admin you don't have any rights to access it

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018

2. I have a small home network with four PCs. Although I have the same user and password on each computer I cannot log on to one of the other ones.
    Computer Network Error Logging on Other Computers [​IMG]
    I get this error message and do not know what to enter as the normal Microsoft account I have on each computer does not work. Very frustrating! I would appreciate any help provided.

:)

captaindon130, Apr 20, 2018
  3. How can I share files and folders between Windows 10 and 8.1?

Hi Arul,

I made some progress. Windows 10 computer recognizes Windows 8.1. In File Explorer of Windows10, click Network and I have the other computer (named Maverick2; Windows8.1). But the problem is when clicking Maverick2, I got error dialog box "Windows cannot
    access \\MAVERICK2" and details are "Error code: 0x0070035 The network path was not found." Why doesn't it open?

And similarly (but a bit different), I want to know how to "log in" to other computer's homegroup. I can set up homegroup on a computer and have passwords for computers, but I don't know how to log in.

Thanks in advance.

-Tetsuji

maverick6664, Apr 20, 2018
  4. Computer Network Error Logging on Other Computers

cannot create or join homegroup on my computer

changed modem,reinstalled adaptor driver ,computer still returns note "cannot create homegroup on this computer"network is visable,

other computers on network can create homegroup, computer connected by lan

Event Log reports, Schannel error the certificate reciveied from the remote server was issued by a untrusted certificate authority

,because of this, non of the data contain in the certifcate can be validated

ArthurCockayne, Apr 20, 2018
  5. Hi Don.

So is it one computer that you cannot log onto from any of the other three?

For the computer that you can't log onto please check the Network Sharing options. Should look like this

Computer Network Error Logging on Other Computers [​IMG]

I got to this by Start => Settings => Network and internet => Network and Sharing Center => Advance

In particular the Network should be Private.

Is the box your are trying to log onto a NAS. If so which one. I know many members have NAS's so the make model should help. It may also help in a google search.

Is this problem new problem or something that has always been there? I assume all boxes are V1709, build 16299.371.?

Caledon Ken, Apr 20, 2018
  6. oldrock Win User
    What you are saying doesn't make sense to me. Are you sure the pc logged into the account on startup? Try restarting and verifying you are actually logged into that account. If so, maybe try creating a new account with a different password and give permission to that account on your nas and then try using those credentials to connect.

Edit:
    Sorry Ken, didn't know you had answered.

oldrock, Apr 20, 2018
  7. Hey oldrock no problem. This is a community and everyone's experience is more than welcomed.

Caledon Ken, Apr 20, 2018
  8. Computer Network Error Logging on Other Computers

What I have is four computers. Lets call them N,D,L,and T. All are V1709 and D is 1803 but this problem was occurring before the 1803 upgrade. I have also just added a QNAP 251A for backups and file storage. There are some other wireless tablets that come and go and a printer which I am not concerned with at this time.

My goal is to open File Explorer and see the other four devices under the networks area in the left hand navigation (NAV) group under "Networks"(NET). For my wife (N) I may just want to map a drive for her use. The computers L and T are multimedia units but are also used infrequently as regular PCs. Or when I screw up my unit (D) which happens more than I want. Computer Network Error Logging on Other Computers :)

This is the current situation:

L,T, and the NAS are on all the time. D & N are on most of the time but are off sometimes. If there is a master I would like it on D.

D - Opening the network area in the NAV-NET group I only see N and the NAS. However in the quick links I can see all the other computers including the NAS, which also shows up as a media source.

N - NAV-NET group N only. Media (MED) group L, N, and NAS.

L - NAV-NET group D,L,N,T and the NAS. MED - L,N, and NAS

T - NAV-NET group N and NAS. MED - L,N, and NAS

How is that for a mess!

It almost seems like the complete network needs a reboot somehow. Ken and oldrock if you can help me out of the mess I would be your friend forever . . .

captaindon130, Apr 21, 2018
  9. Samuria Win User
    The PC your logged into is the username password the same as the admin on the PC your connecting too as by default Windows passed that. Have you setup shares on each PC and given everyone rights on the share and you also need to set NTFS permissions or you won't get in

Samuria, Apr 21, 2018
  10. Except for computer N I made the same user and password (my Microsoft one) in all the other units. Folder shares have been set up in all the computers. I cannot remember if the shares were for everyone or specific users but will check. Didn't know about the NTFS permissions. Can you please explain. Thanks for the reply, Don

11. Don were you using Homegroups to share? I ask as 1803 drops Homegroups.

From your very screen shot where did the user name Don come from.

Just for my clarity. You say you are using a Microsoft user name. These are normally in the form of an email address.

Don looks like a local user name. So are you logging in local or are you using a Microsoft account.

Did you confirm that all PC's look as per my screen shot?

Caledon Ken, Apr 21, 2018
  12. Was not using homegroup. Ahh maybe I should be using my MS ID ie my email address? I think I made a user Don on each computer but maybe not - have to check. My MS account is my email address. Yes, all computers are like your screen shot.
    OK now when Ijust tried to log onto the other computers I could both see them and log in fine except for N. would that be because there is not my user on that machine? (wife's computer) So you have given me something to work with as I understand it each computer needs my MS ID as a user and I need to use this user when logging into the other units. I will try that this evening and get back to you. All computers are using NTFS if that's what your other question was about. Thanks again for the help.

13. Computer Network Error Logging on Other Computers

Yes on your wife's machine to log on you need an ID.

And it would need to be an Admin level if you want to see your wife's files.

Glad you are making progress. This is going to be an awful mess for the public at large when 1803 starts to roll.

Caledon Ken, Apr 21, 2018
Thema:

Computer Network Error Logging on Other Computers

1. Computer Network Error Logging on Other Computers - Similar Threads - Computer Network Error

2. Computer cannot connect to other computers on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer cannot connect to other computers on network: We have three identical workstations Windows 11, all set to private network, network sharing enabled, credential manager set up with correct passwords, folder shared with everyone, etc. Everything worked fine, meaning all computers could see and connect to each other. Then...
  3. Computer cannot connect to other computers on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer cannot connect to other computers on network: We have three identical workstations Windows 11, all set to private network, network sharing enabled, credential manager set up with correct passwords, folder shared with everyone, etc. Everything worked fine, meaning all computers could see and connect to each other. Then...
  4. Viewing Other Computers On Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Viewing Other Computers On Network: I have a desktop and a laptop. I am able to see my desktop on my laptop within my network in file explorer. I can connect to my desktop, view all of my folders within "Users" etc. I can't do the same with my desktop. I have been able to access the laptop with my desktop but...
  5. Viewing Other Computers On Network

Viewing Other Computers On Network: I have a desktop and a laptop. I am able to see my desktop on my laptop within my network in file explorer. I can connect to my desktop, view all of my folders within "Users" etc. I can't do the same with my desktop. I have been able to access the laptop with my desktop but...
  6. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    see other computers on network: I have tried many of the recommendations online, but none seem to work.Surely there is a way to make transfering files from one computer to another possible, using my home network.Thanks for help.greg...
  7. see other computers on network

see other computers on network: I have tried many of the recommendations online, but none seem to work.Surely there is a way to make transfering files from one computer to another possible, using my home network.Thanks for help.greg...
  8. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Networked computer log in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Networked computer log in: Hello. Quick question. I’m trying to get into an old work computer. We don’t know the password and the person who used the computer in the past can not be contacted for the password. Is there a way to reset the password? There are still files that we’ll need to get at so a...
  10. Not seeing other computers in network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not seeing other computers in network: After january updates I haven't been able to see other computers in same network via file explorer, all computers are in same network since I can map as a drive shared folder (just takes bit longer than simply browsing with file explorer) and february update didn't fix it so...