Windows 10: Computer Noisy

Discus and support Computer Noisy in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, Recently when starting computer, there are some noises inside, (like a drill), it stops when the sign-in screen comes on. After that it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Motim, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Motim Win User

Computer Noisy

Hello,
    Recently when starting computer, there are some noises inside, (like a drill), it stops when the sign-in screen comes on.
    After that it is quiet all the time. Only here and there it comes back for a moment when computer wakes up after a long pause.
    Is something going to break ?
    Answers will be appreciated
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Feb 23, 2018
  2. WindowsOS Win User

Noisy computer

Is it the disk drive or one of the fans ?

WindowsOS, Feb 23, 2018
  3. lup16 Win User
    Noisy computer

My computer seems to always be running the background. How can I stop this. It is annoying.

lup16, Feb 23, 2018
  4. swarfega Win User

Computer Noisy

How old is the machine, have you checked the inside to see how much dust there is.

swarfega, Feb 23, 2018
  5. CountMike New Member
    Do you have CD/DVD reader ?

CountMike, Feb 23, 2018
  6. Motim Win User
    Hello,
    Thanks for the answers.
    1. The computer is with me about 1.5 years, I assumed it was new but it turned out it is not, hardware is old, this I learned later when had upgrade win 10 problems and ran some hardware testing programs.
    I intend (hopefully) to buy a new one but this works not bad.
    Opened it, dust is normal.
    2. There is an optical drive, quiet and works nice.
    Thanks again

Motim, Feb 23, 2018
  7. CountMike New Member
    CD/DVD drive may make that kind of noise while initializing, that's why I asked about it. If it's not much bother (there may be just one screw at bottom) you can take it out to try. Also take a look in BIOS, it may be set as default BOOT drive and trying to find a boot disk in it but can't.

CountMike, Feb 23, 2018
  8. Motim Win User

Computer Noisy

Hello,
    This is just FYI, recently I ran system's drive optimization, it did not show any fragmentation, but I then used "Defraggler", it worked for almost an hour. Since then, starting computer is quiet, noise gone.
    Thanks for the answers.

Motim, Mar 13, 2018
  9. Helmut Win User
    Likely to be the death throes of a fan, it will probably get noisier then go quiet when the bearings are completely seized. Hopefully it will be a standard size and easily replaceable.
    On a Desktop it maybe a Case fan, CPU fan, Graphics Card fan.

Helmut, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Computer Noisy

1. Computer Noisy - Similar Threads - Computer Noisy

2. My computer's Wi-Fi will disconnect every couple of minutes and then will take a minute or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer's Wi-Fi will disconnect every couple of minutes and then will take a minute or...: i have unchecked the wifi adaptor button that alowes it to get turned off when it needs to save power and i have also done a network reset...
  3. My computer's Wi-Fi will disconnect every couple of minutes and then will take a minute or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer's Wi-Fi will disconnect every couple of minutes and then will take a minute or...: i have unchecked the wifi adaptor button that alowes it to get turned off when it needs to save power and i have also done a network reset...
  4. Windows Store not available on my computer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store not available on my computer: I'm on microsoft 10 and the windows store app will now show up in the search bar and I cant get it back on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-not-available-on-my-computer/0ce71764-ff42-45d9-9127-9d992165dd12
  5. Windows Store not available on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store not available on my computer: I'm on microsoft 10 and the windows store app will now show up in the search bar and I cant get it back on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-not-available-on-my-computer/0ce71764-ff42-45d9-9127-9d992165dd12
  6. Windows Store not available on my computer

7. Computer Keeps shutting down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Keeps shutting down unexpectedly: I am continuously having my PC shut down when using it. Sometimes it happens when playing games, other times it happens when the computer is sitting idle. It happens at least once per day, but after the computer shuts down it seems fine for the rest of the day. Here is the...
  8. Computer Keeps shutting down unexpectedly

Computer Keeps shutting down unexpectedly: I am continuously having my PC shut down when using it. Sometimes it happens when playing games, other times it happens when the computer is sitting idle. It happens at least once per day, but after the computer shuts down it seems fine for the rest of the day. Here is the...
  9. Minecraft on a new computer

Minecraft on a new computer: If I get a new computer/laptop do I have to rebuy minecraft on that device so that I can play on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-on-a-new-computer/1abbc9bc-a4cc-40ad-af11-b5466d07ca09
  10. After the last update my computer fan is very noisy!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After the last update my computer fan is very noisy!: Hello Microsoft team, I hope you are doing well. Since the last update my computer fan is very loud, this happens when I am doing small things meetings, listening to music, etc. and this is not normal on my computer. This has just started to happen after the latest Windows...