Windows 10: Computer not fully shutdown

Discus and support Computer not fully shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello i update my Acer E1-572G to Windows 10 from 8.1. I have a huge problem , when i had windows 8.1 i install some update who keep my computer on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bkpaokfc, Aug 5, 2015.

1. bkpaokfc Win User

Computer not fully shutdown

Hello i update my Acer E1-572G to Windows 10 from 8.1. I have a huge problem , when i had windows 8.1 i install some update who keep my computer on when i shut down it but still happening to windows 10 . Any solutions?
    thanks in advance!

:)

bkpaokfc, Aug 5, 2015
  2. max green Win User

vaio assist button disable after upgrading to Windows 10

The vaio assist button only works when your computer is shutdown not when running windows.

1. Shutdown your computer fully (not hibernate or sleep)

2. Press the the [assist] button only (do not press the power button)

max green, Aug 5, 2015
  3. TobyKoch Win User
    windows 10 computer wont fully shutdown

I just worked with a tech who ran sfc/scannow (as admin) and that seemed to clear up the problem. Apparently, there were some corrupt files that got fixed doing that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is permanent.

TobyKoch, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Computer not fully shutdown

1. Computer not fully shutdown - Similar Threads - Computer fully shutdown

2. Laptop will never shutdown fully.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop will never shutdown fully.: Been having an issue for a while were my laptop acts like it's turned off, but upon "rebooting" it will show a run time of hours, days, even weeks. The only way to reset the run time is a full restart. Why does my computer never fully shut down when I tell it to shut down? It...
  3. Laptop will never shutdown fully.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop will never shutdown fully.: Been having an issue for a while were my laptop acts like it's turned off, but upon "rebooting" it will show a run time of hours, days, even weeks. The only way to reset the run time is a full restart. Why does my computer never fully shut down when I tell it to shut down? It...
  4. Laptop won't fully shutdown, help!

Laptop won't fully shutdown, help!: Laptop: Dell Latitude 9420OS: Windows 11 HomeSo, When I shut my laptop down, it shutdowns, what appears to be fully, but doesn't actually shut down. I have to hold the power button to get it to turn off. Can anyone offer me any help? I've tried several fixes found online, but...
  5. Laptop won't fully shutdown, help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't fully shutdown, help!: Laptop: Dell Latitude 9420OS: Windows 11 HomeSo, When I shut my laptop down, it shutdowns, what appears to be fully, but doesn't actually shut down. I have to hold the power button to get it to turn off. Can anyone offer me any help? I've tried several fixes found online, but...
  6. Computer won’t fully turn on after random shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won’t fully turn on after random shutdown: While I was away from it, my computer turned off. It has happened a couple times before, but always turned back on, with message about letting it retrieve the cache and not to interrupt. This time it got about a third of the way, based on blue line across the bottom of the...
  7. Computer won’t fully turn on after random shutdown

Computer won’t fully turn on after random shutdown: While I was away from it, my computer turned off. It has happened a couple times before, but always turned back on, with message about letting it retrieve the cache and not to interrupt. This time it got about a third of the way, based on blue line across the bottom of the...
  8. Computer will not shutdown fully after 2004 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer will not shutdown fully after 2004 update.: At times when I decided to shut down my pc, only the monitors will turn off, but the rgb and fans will continue spinning indefinitely. Pressing the keyboard or mouse button does nothing. It's not any kind of sleep because I have disabled those. I have also disable fast...
  9. Shutdown doesn't fully shutdown+Network Issue (Win10, 1909)

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown doesn't fully shutdown+Network Issue (Win10, 1909): Hi! I'm not sure if these two problems are related but okey so the first issue i have is that when i choose to Shutdown regularly, it says "shutdown" and closes the screen and everything except that the actual box is still running with the power on as it's on however...
  10. My computer won't shutdown or restart fully, please help?!?

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer won't shutdown or restart fully, please help?!?: So this is probably the 3rd time I've had to fix this, but whenever I try to shutdown or restart my comp. it doesn't completely shut down. (light in tower stays on) Then I have to physically push the power button to finally shutdown. I've fix it before but to be honest...