Windows 10: Computer not updating to new Microsoft Account password

Discus and support Computer not updating to new Microsoft Account password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have recently updated the password on my Microsoft Account. This is the login that I use on a desktop and a Surface. After about 2 hours the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DarrenH123, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Computer not updating to new Microsoft Account password

I have recently updated the password on my Microsoft Account. This is the login that I use on a desktop and a Surface. After about 2 hours the password of the Surface changed to the new one, but after 2 days the desktop is still using the old password. Is there any reason why the desktop wouldn't update?

:)

DarrenH123, Aug 2, 2018

2. Can't sign in to windows with the same password by which I am able to sign in to my Microsoft account

Hi Anurag,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in Microsoft account settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "windows using the same password", are you getting any error message when you enter the password?
    • Have you checked the issue while entering with a different keyboard?
    • Were you connected the computer to a internet connection while logging into the computer with Microsoft account?
    • When you say that "resetting the password.", have you tried to reset the password from Microsoft website?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to enter the password through different keyboard and through On-screen keyboard. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to try entering the password with a different password.

Step 2: I recommend you to check the internet connect of the computer and make sure that internet is available for the computer while enter the Microsoft password.

Step 3: I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft account and check if it helps.

How to reset your Microsoft account password:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us.../how-to-reset-your-microsoft-account-password

Please get back to us with an update on issue with issue with logging into Microsoft Account, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 2, 2018
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Computer not updating to new Microsoft Account password

New microsoft account password is not working in windows 10

Hello Abeer,

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

From the description, I suspect the problem seem to be temporary. Suggest you to try changing the password again to see if it makes any difference.

To change your Microsoft account password:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account, then select
      Security & privacy.
    • Select Change password.
    • Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.
    • Select Save.
    Get more help

Incase problem still persist, try below mentioned troubleshooting steps. These steps will convert Microsoft account to Local account and then it will convert back to Microsoft account.

* Navigate to Start/> Settings/>Accounts/>Your Account

* On the right pane click Manage my Microsoft account, which will take you to online.

* Select Device from top menu of your profile, then remove your device from
    Your device section. Confirm your choice if it prompt for confirmation.

* Come back to your PC and go to Settings/>Accounts/>Your Account
    and click Sign in with local account Instead. Follow the steps to switch your account to local account. Sign-out from the profile and Sing-in back into it

* Now again go back to Settings/>Accounts/>Your Account
    and click Sign in with Microsoft account Instead. Enter your Microsoft account credentials when prompted and follow the steps to switch back to Microsoft account. Once you do this it will ask you to
    verify your device. Just click the same and follow the instruction to verify your device.

Keep posted if you require further assistance.

Thank you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Computer not updating to new Microsoft Account password

1. Computer not updating to new Microsoft Account password - Similar Threads - Computer updating Microsoft

2. How to reset Microsoft Account Password - for new computers?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to reset Microsoft Account Password - for new computers?: So I bought a new laptop, thought it would be smart to reset the old one for the kids, before realizing I was just setting up a second family account for them. Now as I’m trying to restart, it’s gone to my attention that I have forgotten my Microsoft account password - not to...
  3. How to reset Microsoft Account Password - for new computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset Microsoft Account Password - for new computers?: So I bought a new laptop, thought it would be smart to reset the old one for the kids, before realizing I was just setting up a second family account for them. Now as I’m trying to restart, it’s gone to my attention that I have forgotten my Microsoft account password - not to...
  4. How to reset Microsoft Account Password - for new computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft account on new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account on new computer: Having to get a new computer after eight years. Question: Can I use the same sign in to my Microsoft account with new computer as I use on the old one? Thanks for any advice....
  6. Microsoft account on new computer

Microsoft account on new computer: Having to get a new computer after eight years. Question: Can I use the same sign in to my Microsoft account with new computer as I use on the old one? Thanks for any advice....
  7. Updated Microsoft account password online, new password doesn’t work on my laptop

Updated Microsoft account password online, new password doesn’t work on my laptop: I forgot my laptop password and answers to the security questions so I logged into my Microsoft account online and changed that password but the new password doesn’t work when I try to sign in on my laptop. I can see my laptop under “my devices” so I assume that means they’re...
  8. Updated Microsoft account password online, new password doesn’t work on my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Updated Microsoft account password online, new password doesn’t work on my laptop: I forgot my laptop password and answers to the security questions so I logged into my Microsoft account online and changed that password but the new password doesn’t work when I try to sign in on my laptop. I can see my laptop under “my devices” so I assume that means they’re...
  9. Resetting a Microsoft account password for a brand new account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting a Microsoft account password for a brand new account: I have given my old laptop to someone who has never owned one, nor had a Microsoft account. I set it up with a Microsoft account using an outlook.com email address and a password, but the password I thought I typed is not working when I tried to reboot. So I cannot get into...
  10. Microsoft Account Setup New Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Setup New Computer: When you are setting up a new computer do have to setup a Microsoft Account? If you don't want an account how can you get the new computer up and running? 134491

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft account password windows not updating