Windows 10: Computer not visible on network if Windows Defender Firewall is on

Discus and support Computer not visible on network if Windows Defender Firewall is on in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a computer on a private network that is not visible from any computer unless I turn off the Windows Defender Firewall. All are running Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sheisel, Jun 4, 2018.

1. sheisel Win User

Computer not visible on network if Windows Defender Firewall is on

I have a computer on a private network that is not visible from any computer unless I turn off the Windows Defender Firewall. All are running Windows 10.
    Network settings for private network are the same for 5 computers.

Computer not visible on network if Windows Defender Firewall is on [​IMG]

The following services were all set as follows on all computers after a recent update.
    Function Discovery Provider Host - ON and Automatic
    Function Discovery Resource Publication - ON and Automatic

Is there a way to set the windows firewall to allow the computer to be visible without keeping it off?

Thanks

:)

sheisel, Jun 4, 2018
  2. Anne Fuj Win User

Firewall

Hello,

It is recommended to turn on your Firewalls to prevent your computer from unauthorized access and being vulnerable. Based on your issue description, it looks like you wanted to turn off Windows Firewall. To turn off Windows Firewall, kindly follow the steps
    below:

• On Start, scroll down to Windows System > Control Panel > System
      and Security
      > Windows Firewall.
    • Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    • Under the appropriate network setting, select Turn on Windows Firewall.
      • Note: If your PC is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your .administrator

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Fuj, Jun 4, 2018
  3. jackecson Win User
    Windows Defender Firewall

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell desktop. This set-up came with a McAfee firewall installed (trial offer, I guess). I uninstalled McAfee (using McAfee's removal tool) so I could use Windows Defender firewall. Now it appears I have neither. The below screenshot
    shows the McAfee firewall is still installed and the Windows Defender firewall cannot be turned on because I'm using another firewall provider. The setup>programs and apps>uninstall routine does not list McAfee as a program to be uninstalled. Services does
    not list McAfee as a service to be turned off. How can I get this logjam fixed?

jackecson, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

Computer not visible on network if Windows Defender Firewall is on

1. Computer not visible on network if Windows Defender Firewall is on - Similar Threads - Computer visible network

2. Computer not visible in network folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not visible in network folder: I have 4 computers running Win10 21H2 on my home LAN. I have network file sharing enabled on each computer.All the computers can see each other's network shares, except for one machine that's doesn't show in the "Network" icon from anywhere, not even from itself when locally...
  3. Computer not visible in network folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not visible in network folder: I have 4 computers running Win10 21H2 on my home LAN. I have network file sharing enabled on each computer.All the computers can see each other's network shares, except for one machine that's doesn't show in the "Network" icon from anywhere, not even from itself when locally...
  4. Computer not visible in network folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall: I keep getting this security notification the says: "Firewall and Network Protection - Turn on Windows Firewall" see attached screenshots. 4 of the screenshots says/indicate that the firewall is turned on, but the security notification still pops up saying to turn on...
  6. Network computers accessable but not visible

Network computers accessable but not visible: I've had some issues with my familys network. Some of the computers don't show up in windows network. If I enter the computer's name I can log into it just fine, but unless I manually navigate it doesn't appear....
  7. Windows Defender firewall prevents home network access

Windows Defender firewall prevents home network access: On my home network between 2 Win 10 pcs the windows firewall will not allow pc2 to access pc1 unless I manually turn off the firewall. It is OK going the other direction. Pc1 automatically turns on the firewall every day causing me to again have to manually turn it off. I...
  8. Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1

Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1: I have a simple home network with multiple devices connected to it. On the network I have have several external hard drives connected thru my ASUS router. These hard drives are visible to all computers on the network with the exception of a laptop running Windows 10. All...
  9. my computer is not visible on network

my computer is not visible on network: Hello I have problem with my computer. I can see other computers on "Network", but others can't see me. If I try to connect to other computer i got this error Error code 0x80070035...
  10. Window's Defender Not Visible

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window's Defender Not Visible: [IMG] Please someomne help i cant find my windows defender option.. my OS is Windows 10 Pro 1803 thanks in advance....