Windows 10: Computer randomly sleeps, high cpu after 5 minutes idle

Discus and support Computer randomly sleeps, high cpu after 5 minutes idle in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Earlier today I was downloading files from my browser and my computer went to sleep halfway in. This random sleeping happens occasionally. The event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Double, May 20, 2016.

1. Double Win User

Computer randomly sleeps, high cpu after 5 minutes idle

Earlier today I was downloading files from my browser and my computer went to sleep halfway in. This random sleeping happens occasionally. The event viewer doesn't mention anything about overheating, it always says it's just idle (event 42):

Computer randomly sleeps, high cpu after 5 minutes idle [​IMG]

sleep settings

Sometimes it goes to sleep even while my mouse is moving, gives the same reason.

Another issue is my cpu starts acting up after sitting 5 minutes idle, happens every single time.

I made a thread about this a few months ago. I thought I found the answer but I didn't. Seems to be related to 'System and compressed memory'.
    https://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/39343-automatic-disk-defrag-every-5-minutes-when-idle.html#post553562

:)

Double, May 20, 2016

2. Cpu Usage by LockAppHost.exe

I'm seeing LockAppHost running high CPU for several minutes after wake-from-sleep. Surface Pro 3. On wake from sleep the computer is unusable for about 5 minutes. Argh!

Andrew332211, May 20, 2016
  3. Apps Using More CPU Than Normal

Twice a year there are some major updates that get sent out, and they can cause some significant CPU usage until the update finishes in the background. I usually suggest setting your power options to "do not sleep" and let the computer sit overnight.
    After it's all done, your idle CPU should be 2% or less and no background task workers hogging the system. Learn more about these here:

High CPU Usage in Windows 10

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 20, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

It is normal for a system to hit high CPU use right after coming out of sleep state. Usually it is the malware software scanning the system.

bro67, May 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Computer randomly sleeps, high cpu after 5 minutes idle - Similar Threads - Computer randomly sleeps

2. High CPU on idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU on idle: Hi i've a problem since some days.When i start my PC is everything ok, but after some minutes my CPU start working on 30-40% for no reason. I can't verify which program/service in causing this because when i open Task Manager the CPU load immediately drop to normal 1-2 %My...
  3. High CPU on idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU on idle: Hi i've a problem since some days.When i start my PC is everything ok, but after some minutes my CPU start working on 30-40% for no reason. I can't verify which program/service in causing this because when i open Task Manager the CPU load immediately drop to normal 1-2 %My...
  4. High CPU on idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. High CPU usage after some idle minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU usage after some idle minutes: I noticed that when I stop using mouse and keyboard, after minutes my CPU usage rises from ~3% to 50%, 8 out of 16 logic processors are running at full frequency. But once I move mouse or press key, CPU usage will drop to normal within ~3 seconds.I try to find which process...
  6. High CPU usage after some idle minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU usage after some idle minutes: I noticed that when I stop using mouse and keyboard, after minutes my CPU usage rises from ~3% to 50%, 8 out of 16 logic processors are running at full frequency. But once I move mouse or press key, CPU usage will drop to normal within ~3 seconds.I try to find which process...
  7. High CPU usage after some idle minutes

8. Blue Screen after about 5 minutes on idle

Blue Screen after about 5 minutes on idle: Hi guys, My son has a custom built pc running the latest version of window 10 that has been having blue screen errors after about five minutes on idle. The error codes are sometimes different and I can't seem to track the cause down. I've tried disabling various sleep...
  9. Computer Goes to Sleep Mode after Idle for About One Minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Goes to Sleep Mode after Idle for About One Minute: Hello, I use Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Version 1809, Build 17763.557. The computer seems to completely ignore the Sleep setting I selected in the Settings / System / Power & Sleep / Sleep / "When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after". Currently that setting is 30 minutes. The...
  10. BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period

BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period: I run it with Driver verifier... Here is the minidump file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx4LdY0oEBs0DGQ9Q NFO file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpxxbT_NgPU-ISncKg And some previous dumps. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx5OAww_hlaaw2G7A It is a brand...