Windows 10: Computer Reboots after Sleep or Left Alone for 15 Minutes

Discus and support Computer Reboots after Sleep or Left Alone for 15 Minutes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the past month or so I have this recurring problem: after the computer is left alone turned on for about 15 minutes, it goes to sleep, or something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GarySt, Jul 5, 2018.

1. GarySt Win User

Computer Reboots after Sleep or Left Alone for 15 Minutes

For the past month or so I have this recurring problem:
    after the computer is left alone turned on for about 15 minutes, it goes to sleep, or something like that. And when I try to wake it up pressing the power button it REBOOTS (instead of waking up, or at least waking up from hibernation).*Mad

Help !

Details: 64bit Win 10, Lenovo ThinkPad.

=====

Notes:
    1) I have already turned off the "Fast Startup" option. But the problem persists.
    2) I put go to sleep after 10 minutes when plug before. Now I' ve put it as follows:
    Computer Reboots after Sleep or Left Alone for 15 Minutes [​IMG]

:)

GarySt, Jul 5, 2018
  2. markJ7 Win User

Windows 10 (sometimes) goes to sleep after only 2 minutes of inactivity

Hello Michelle,

Unfortunately, steps you suggested did not fix the issue. I do not use a screen saver, so setting the option you mentioned is not available to me. Also, I doubt messing with the registry should be necessary. The current (default) Windows power plan that
    I'm using has screen timeout set to 5 minutes when on battery, and 15 minutes when plugged in. Sleep timeout is set to 15, and 30 minutes, respectively. Therefore, the computer should not go to sleep before 15 or 30 minutes have elapsed.

markJ7, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Daryle Branford Win User
    Computer goes to sleep after about 5 minutes despite being set at 15 minutes

Since I upgraded to system 10 my computer goes to sleep after around 5 minutes of inactivity - it has become annoying as I am forever waking it up - I have set the sleep functions to 15 minutes but it still goes to sleep after 5 - any one help !!!! This
    is one of several annoying problems I am having since the upgrade.

Daryle Branford, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Computer sleeping

Hi,

For us to better understand your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Is you computer going to sleep while you're using it?
    • How many minutes does it take before your computer goes to sleep?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer Reboots after Sleep or Left Alone for 15 Minutes - Similar Threads - Computer Reboots Sleep

2. Laptop keeps freezing if left alone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop keeps freezing if left alone: If I leave my laptop alone for more than a minute or two by not touching it (for example if I was watching a video) it will completely freeze to the point where all I can do is turn the machine off completely and try to restart it. Does anyone know what could be wrong with...
  3. Computer Restartsts after Sleep or Leaving it Alone for 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Restartsts after Sleep or Leaving it Alone for 15 minutes: For the past month or so I have this recurring problem: after the computer is left alone turned on for about 15 minutes, it goes to sleep, or something like that. And when I try to wake it up pressing the power button it REBOOTS (instead of waking up, or at least waking up...
  4. Bsod after few minutes of sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod after few minutes of sleep: Hello people my pc goes off when i want to sleep it first the monitor turn off but other hardware working till few minutes. it worked fine till last two days this is my first topic about this problem Windows 10 is not going to sleep anymore please if anyone help read...
  5. Mouse stops working after 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse stops working after 15 minutes: Any assistance with this one would be appreciated as I am out of ideas... My wife's laptop, a Packard Bell Easynote, has developed a problem whereby the wired mouse stops working after about 15 minutes use. Changing USB sockets does not help, and only a full restart starts...
  6. monitor sleeps after 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    monitor sleeps after 10 minutes: so i upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 the other day (clean install) and my monitors go to sleep after 10 minutes of inactivity i have my screen and computer set to never sleep everything is set to never no screensaver i have set system unattended sleep to never (ive set...
  7. OS sleeps after 15 minutes of being idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    OS sleeps after 15 minutes of being idle: I have tried everything. I have changed to never in every area that is offered by my system. I have even changed it in hkey and STILL at various (meaning when it feels the need to change) it either changes or sleeps after 15 minutes. Id done it three times already, this last...
  8. Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???

in Windows 10 Support
    Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???: Although set to sleep after an hour while on power, it goes to sleep after 2 minutes. Before the Win 10 upgrade, whatever I set power conservation at was what the laptop followed. Never had any problems until now... Any thoughts? Thanks, Bruce 43893
  9. Screen Turns Black after 10-15 Minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Turns Black after 10-15 Minutes: Hi, i have freshly formatted my computer, installed all the updates and drivers, i have also RMA'd my video card (which i thoroughly tested and found it works fine on other computers.) but i cant figure out why my screen goes black but the computer keeps running. I can hear...
  10. Computer goes to sleep 2 minutes after last command

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer goes to sleep 2 minutes after last command: I've gone into the power & sleep settings, even the advanced power settings and set all to one hour, yet the computer still goes to sleep after 2 minutes if left alone. Help. Thanks, Mike 78669