Windows 10: Computer recognizes camcorder but won't let me download video to hard drive

Discus and support Computer recognizes camcorder but won't let me download video to hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have attached a Sony Digital 8 Handycam to my Dell computer running Windows 10. I have the camera connected via 1394 port. I open device manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RonB1978, Jul 13, 2018.

1. RonB1978 Win User

Computer recognizes camcorder but won't let me download video to hard drive

I have attached a Sony Digital 8 Handycam to my Dell computer running Windows 10.

I have the camera connected via 1394 port.

I open device manager and it sees the camcorder.

I check to see if it has drivers and it does.

I update the driver anyway and it tells me I'm running the latest version.

I run troubleshooter and it tells me the device is working properly.

When I go to control panel and look under devices it sees my Sony DCV-TRV140.

When I go to my computer file explorer where I would see attached devices, it doesn't see the camcorder like it does my iPhone when it is attached.

What do I need to do to view videos on my monitor and record them to my hard drive?

Thanks!

:)

RonB1978, Jul 13, 2018

2. Downloading video from camcorder

When I download video from my camcorder I cannot find where the video files are located. I assumed that they would be added to my photo/video gallery but I do not see them. What's happening?

GloriaRatkowski, Jul 13, 2018
  3. GKing Win User
    Maxtor Hard Drive Beep

Maxtor drive beeps

Have a similiar situation using a DiamondMax Plus 8, 20GB Mfg Date 4/15/03. Drive used as a second system drive. Drive is recognized in boot menu but not in drive list. Drive is always connected. Computer started locking up for several seconds at a time. Chkdsk on drives and couldn't find that drive. Removed drive from bay to make sure connections were ok and heard the beeping. Shutdown and restart and never got to windows screen. Restarted several times then saw drive in boot menu and Windows loaded but Maxtor not in drive menu. When recognized in boot menu, computer will start but beeps and is not found.

Tried kicking it real hard but no improvement. Any suggestions?

GKing, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Computer recognizes camcorder but won't let me download video to hard drive

Hard drive not recognized Windows 10

Hi Curtis,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance you required to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Is the portable hard drive connected to your PC via USB cable?

2. Did you get any error message that the drive was not recognize by your PC?

For now, I would suggest that you check if the USB cable that connects the hard drive and the PC is not damaged. If not, then I would suggest that you connect your hard drive to another PC and check if the device is recognized in that particular computer.

If the device gets recognized, then I would suggest that you connect the external hard drive, open File Explorer and check if the drive has an assigned letter. If not, open Disk Management while the drive is connected to the system and follow the steps below.

1. Right click on the Start Menu and select Disk Management

2. Right click on the external drive>Select New Simple Volume and
    assign letter to the drive.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Computer recognizes camcorder but won't let me download video to hard drive

1. Computer recognizes camcorder but won't let me download video to hard drive - Similar Threads - Computer recognizes camcorder

2. My computer won't let let me update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer won't let let me update: So I have this desktop from 2011 I believe that originally ran on windows 7 home premium. Well I've had windows 10 installed for quite some time, it ran slow and I was aware I had viruses, unfortunately I don't have a virus cleaner and I can't afford one, so I figured I could...
  3. It won't let me install games on my External Hard drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    It won't let me install games on my External Hard drive: For some reason when I try and install a game onto my external hard drive it says that the location isn't set up for installing games and when I tried to change it from my C drive to my D drive it came up with a thing that said "Delete Other Apps" and when I press yes there...
  4. MS Edge won't let me save/download webm videos

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge won't let me save/download webm videos: This started happening after the latest update. What happens is, when I try to download a webm video file, it only displays the Open dialog and launches my external video player (mpv) and streams the video from the link. It doesn't save the file even temporarily. I've already...
  5. External hard drive won't let me explore files on one specific computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive won't let me explore files on one specific computer.: Hi there, I have a 5TB external hard drive that stopped working with my Win 10 PC a few days ago. The drive is visible, but if it's plugged in I can't select it, open device manager, scan it or look at it's properties without is crashing my system. I've since tried it...
  6. camcorder video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    camcorder video: how do i put a camcorder video in a file to send a email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camcorder-video/b22f0f58-e122-4008-a6b5-8556b7bc0f0d
  7. Won't let me download games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't let me download games.: When I try to download a game it says I have no applicable devices to install on. Then when I go to my devices, I have my desktop clearly on there with no problems. SO when I click on that and try to install a game again it says I have no applicable devices even though I...
  8. Win10 not recognizing camcorder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 not recognizing camcorder: Trouble getting Win10 to recognize my camcorder. I have connected a Canon ZR300 mini-DV camcorder to my pc using a firewire cable, adapter firewire to thunderbolt, and adapter thunderbolt to thunderbolt over USB-C. I can see the camera called "Canon DV Camcorder" under...
  9. my internal hard-drive won't let me write on it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my internal hard-drive won't let me write on it: I was updating a game on my computer when an error message came up telling me that i could write on my D:/ drive and that i could only read off of it. The drive, and windows are saying that their is no problem and the writing permissions are turned on in the security tab in...
  10. Computer won't let me log on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't let me log on: I was able to log onto my computer last Friday, but when I tried to log in on Saturday, my computer said my password was incorrect. I checked, and it most certainly is not incorrect, so I tried following some guides on the website to fix it. My big issue is that once I click...