Windows 10: Computer repeatedly restarts before I can do anything

Discus and support Computer repeatedly restarts before I can do anything in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So this morning, I tried to install Windows 10. At first, it worked! I was all happy, so went on to login. Once I logged into my microsoft account, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Synanimous, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Computer repeatedly restarts before I can do anything

So this morning, I tried to install Windows 10. At first, it worked! I was all happy, so went on to login. Once I logged into my microsoft account, I was greeted by a blackscreen where I could move my mouse around. so, I rebooted, shift+clicked Restart, and got to the troubleshoot menu. From there, I clicked on "Reset My PC," since it appeared to be the only solution. It rebooted my computer, and suddenly it said something like "Windows restarted or shut down unexpectedly. Please press OK to continue the installation." I clicked OK, and it just rebooted and said the same thing, so I looked up a tutorial, which said to change something's value in regedit from 1 to 3. This sure made the "Windows restarted unexpectedly" go away, but now it just restarts repeatedly, as if it DID pop up, and I pressed OK. I tried multiple things, and I really don't want to send my PC to a repair. Is there any way I can fix this, or do I have to pay for a repair? I'm really stressed out about this, my PC was about 3k$. *Sad

:)

Synanimous, Jul 28, 2015
  2. Linney Win User

Computer Keeps restarting before i can do anything to it

Can you not even do the following?

Manually shutting down (forcibly) three times in a row will bring you to the same screen.

You do that before any auto shutdown. By forcefully crashing your computer you can get to the Safe Mode and Recovery Options.

At the Bootup Screen, or in your Bios, there should be a boot order option allowing you to choose an option of what your machine boots from, whether it be USB, CD, DVD, or hard drive. If you create a Recovery Drive (elsewhere) then you can use that option
    too.

Linney, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Computer Keeps restarting before i can do anything to it

My computer doesn't give me enough time to do any of these things. After you replied i turned my computer on again and counted. It takes 35 seconds to actually do anything, then the program Auto-Opens and shuts my computer down within 8 seconds of opening

ConnorCandelaria, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Computer repeatedly restarts before I can do anything

How did you try to install Windows 10?

Boozad, Jul 28, 2015
  5. Synanimous, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Boozad Win User
    Boozad, Jul 28, 2015
  7. wzor Win User
    I guess you could follow this tutorial on how to (in your case) re-install Windows 10 using a USB drive. But I would recommend downloading the ISO's from Microsoft and using another PC, download Universal USB Installer, and choose "Windows 8 Installation" from the Distribution drop-down menu. Report back!

wzor, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Computer repeatedly restarts before I can do anything

1. Computer repeatedly restarts before I can do anything - Similar Threads - Computer repeatedly restarts

2. Computer Freeze and then Restarts. Repeatedly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Freeze and then Restarts. Repeatedly: Hi Guys/Girls. First off English is not my best language im Afrikaans and from south Africa. I Built my wife a computer that she can use in the office. it was fine for years. So after doing a Gpu Upgrade and also rebuilding the Pc into a new pretty Pink case with Rgb lights...
  3. SEARCH closes before can type anything

in Cortana
    SEARCH closes before can type anything: I open search go to type and it closes. I found the fix but guess what you have to type Regedit in search first . What a joke as soon as you start to type it shuts down. I brought a new laptop because the other perfectly good one would not update drivers for USB,printer...
  4. what is this? i didn’t do anything to my computer before. restarting it dosnt do anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is this? i didn’t do anything to my computer before. restarting it dosnt do anything: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bromomento69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwiphr/what_is_this_i_didnt_do_anything_to_my_computer/
  5. Computer Repeatedly Restarting - iaStorAC.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Repeatedly Restarting - iaStorAC.sys: Hello All, Trying to research this issue on my own lead me here so I'm hoping someone might be able to help. I built a computer with new hardware a few days ago and did a fresh install of windows 10 pro. Several times a day I find that my computer has restarted itself. I...
  6. Is there anything I should do before updating to KB4556799?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there anything I should do before updating to KB4556799?: I’ve already copied all of my important documents like photos, save files on games, etc to a USB but is there anything else I should do? submitted by /u/amberjadely [link] [comments]...
  7. I literally can do anything.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I literally can do anything.: How do i recover my files if literally every file is deleted to the point where not even Microsoft edge or anything works ._. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-literally-can-do-anything/a5140cbe-dd25-43d4-aebe-009e2e0db5a8"
  8. My msi desktop is stuck in a loop and i cant do anything before it restarts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My msi desktop is stuck in a loop and i cant do anything before it restarts: I just bought an msi desktop and when i first set it up it said installing windows your computer will restsart several times. So i left it alone for 4 hours while it did this. It starts up goes to the installing windows screen for 2 seconds then shuts off and starts again....
  9. Must restart before I can log on

in Windows 10 Support
    Must restart before I can log on: Hello, This is not an urgent, "my computer is broken" sort of thing, but rather a "this annoys the crap out of me" sort of thing. SO, it's simple: every time I turn on my computer, I must restart it exactly one time before I can log on. This includes when my computer...
  10. Computer screen blacks out before I can do anything

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer screen blacks out before I can do anything: I have an HP desktop computer running Win10 64bit, I cannot make use of the computer because the screen blacks out almost instantaneously. I assume it is a driver (Intel graphics and LG Monitor) problem but with the screen blacked out I cannot do any diagnosis. Does anyone...