Windows 10: Computer Repeatedly Shuts Down and then Reboots

Discus and support Computer Repeatedly Shuts Down and then Reboots in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I receive the general error code: 0xc0000017 I get other error comments: IQRL Not Less or Equal System Thread Exception not Handled PFN List... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Writer, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Writer Win User

Computer Repeatedly Shuts Down and then Reboots

I receive the general error code: 0xc0000017

I get other error comments:

IQRL Not Less or Equal
    System Thread Exception not Handled
    PFN List Corrupt
    Boot mgr Image is Corrupt
    Memory Management
    Fault in Non-Paged Area
    Unexpected Store Exception
    Kmode Exception Not Handled
    DPC Watchdog Violation

I also get repeated "Not Responding" where the screen goes blank for a few seconds.

Any ideas on what might be wrong?
    Thanks

:)

Writer, Dec 27, 2017

2. My computer shuts itself down and reboots automatically

Hi,

You posted in a 8 year old thread for Vista so the methods have changed and evolved.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors <-- follow this

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

We can analyze the minidumps if you make them available from the OneDrive

or other file
    sharing sites (such as MediaFire). If you have problems uploading

the minidumps copy them to the Desktop or the Documents folder and upload

them from there.

Adding files to your OneDrive

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/getting-started-onedrive-tutorial

Upload photos and files

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/add-photos-files

One-Drive - Share files and folders and change permissions

Share OneDrive files and folders

Zip or upload the contents of C:\Windows\minidump
    Use OneDrive to upload collected files

Use SkyDrive to upload collected files and post screen shot/picture. (Updated: 1/16/2012)

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Dec 27, 2017
  3. RONPROC Win User
    My computer shuts itself down and reboots automatically

Not helpful! I'm using Windows 10

RONPROC, Dec 27, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Dec 28, 2017
Thema:

1. Computer Repeatedly Shuts Down and then Reboots - Similar Threads - Computer Repeatedly Shuts

2. Laptop shuts down by it self repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down by it self repeatedly: Hello, so today I was just using chrome when my Acer Predator Helios 300 turned off by it’s self for no reason. I turned it back on and after 5-10 minutes it happened again. I opened it back up and it proceeded to happen another 2 more times. This is becoming annoying, what...
  3. Laptop shuts down by it self repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shuts down by it self repeatedly: Hello, so today I was just using chrome when my Acer Predator Helios 300 turned off by it’s self for no reason. I turned it back on and after 5-10 minutes it happened again. I opened it back up and it proceeded to happen another 2 more times. This is becoming annoying, what...
  4. system shuts down repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system shuts down repeatedly: Hello! I hope you are doing well, I am running to this issue while I use my pc or when ever it is idle it just shuts down every after few hours or less. please help me I can't find where the issue at. Thank you!...
  5. system shuts down repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system shuts down repeatedly: Hello! I hope you are doing well, I am running to this issue while I use my pc or when ever it is idle it just shuts down every after few hours or less. please help me I can't find where the issue at. Thank you!...
  6. Computer Shut Down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Shut Down: What is the advantage of using the sleep option as opposed to the shut down option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shut-down/041f86fc-afa8-4c66-aa1c-c9aa74bb13e2
  7. Computer randomly shuts down, power cycles for the sec then shut down and repeats

Computer randomly shuts down, power cycles for the sec then shut down and repeats: #1 So I have fixed all the problems I have encountered with my pc for the past 7 ish years, browsing through forums, hit and miss etc. but this is the first time I am posting to publicly ask for help. I've never encountered this and cant find it anywhere. I have a pc that...
  8. Windows shuts down repeatedly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows shuts down repeatedly: I'm running Windows 10 Pro, build version 19041.450. And it keeps repeatedly shutting down spontaneously. I've run various anti-virus and spyware programs. And system file check as administrator. Plus checked all driver updates. I'm using the hot spot in my iPhone XS Max to...
  9. My computer, instead of shutting down, reboots.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer, instead of shutting down, reboots.: Good day. After the new update on 1903. I noticed that my computer stopped working normally. After I click shutdown. My computer, instead of shutting down, reboots. And only for the second time, he turns off. Sorry to me my English I translate in online translator....
  10. Repeated crashes on shut down

Repeated crashes on shut down: Hi I have a Windows 10 Pro X64 setup on a Asus Z-170A that has been slow to shut down for a while now. It MAY have started after the RS 5 install but that was a while ago. Anyway, I saw several examples of crashes in the System event log. Here is the latest one from...