Windows 10: Computer restarts after selecting shutdown

Discus and support Computer restarts after selecting shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a problem with my Lenovo laptop that when I hit shutdown in the start menu, it will restart instead. At the sign in screen I can press shutdown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Winterwolf94, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Computer restarts after selecting shutdown

I have a problem with my Lenovo laptop that when I hit shutdown in the start menu, it will restart instead. At the sign in screen I can press shutdown and it will work fine, but it is just annoying to have to wait and press shutdown again.

Also it is a clean install of windows 10. If someone can help I would be most grateful.

:)

Winterwolf94, Aug 19, 2015
  2. eefred Win User

Computer will not shut down on selecting shut down option, restarts instead in Windows 10

Original Title: Computer Restarts after Selecting Shutdown

After installing Windows 10, about 80% of the time, after selecting [Power] then [Shutdown], the computer screen will go black, then it will beep, and restart. It does not matter whether I shut down with the keyboard (Windows key, ^^ Enter, ^^Enter), or
    with the mouse (Select Windows Icon, Select Power, Select Shut down), about 80% of the time, the results are the same: Restart. It's getting to be annoying because I have to sign back in, and then go through the shutdown process
    again.

What to do?

eefred, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Computer restarts after shutdown

Hi,

When you are experiencing security permission issues, the user profile is lacking admin privileges. To run an application,
    right-click an application and select Run as administrator. Otherwise, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To verify your Windows, press
      Windows + R to open the Run window. Type WINVER
      and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • Were there any changes, recent updates, and newly installed applications on your device that may have affected your computer's performance?
    • To avoid repetition, can you provide us with all the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Marvelos Reg, Aug 19, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Computer restarts after selecting shutdown

Hi,

Settings > System > Power & Sleep > Additional power settings > Choose what the power buttons do

Then check that your power and sleep buttons are set correctly

Edit: Or maybe you need to download Lenovo software to have correct and full functionality of keyboard?

WhyMe, Aug 19, 2015
  5. Thanks! changing the power button settings solved my problem.

Winterwolf94, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Computer restarts after selecting shutdown

1. Computer restarts after selecting shutdown - Similar Threads - Computer restarts selecting

2. Win10 restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 restarts after shutdown: hi thereIve tried all available fixes recommended both within these posts & outside & none have worked.I have just reformatted & reinstalled a fresh copy of win10, no third party software has been installed.Even after a fresh install, the PC restarts after pressing the power...
  3. Computer restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer restarts after shutdown: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BigBossXDiana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m6gx5r/computer_restarts_after_shutdown/
  4. PC always restarts when selecting shutdown.

PC always restarts when selecting shutdown.: The title basically explains it all. I have tried everything. Disabling fast startup, disabling wake on LAN, trying a clean boot, and nothing has succeeded. This is a brand new installation of Windows as well. Any help is appreciated, thank you. submitted by...
  5. Computer restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarts after shutdown: Hello, A while ago, my pc started to restart after I try to shut it down. The things that I have already tried is: -using cmd to shutdown -disabling fast boot -disabling wake timers both in advanced power settings and task scheduler -disabling auto restart after...
  6. computer randomly restarts or shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer randomly restarts or shutdowns: So every now and then I open my computer and find out that it was shut down. At first, I thought it was a windows update, but I don't know anymore. the error I see in the event viewer system log is 6008 "The previous system shutdown at 1:59:50 on ‎20/‎09/‎2020 was...
  7. Computer is restarting all alone after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer is restarting all alone after Shutdown: Greetings and hopefully everyone is having a good day. I have a DELL all-in-one more details about the model will be added later running Windows 10 that is connected to an Epson LQ-350 printer and a Honeywell 1470g barcode scanner through USB ports. However, after the...
  8. Computer won't restart/shutdown

Computer won't restart/shutdown: Let me start off by saying that I have 25+ years in windows (workstation and server) but I need a second set of eyes on this. Issue: Computer will not restart or shutdown. Behavior: On shutdown or restart, it goes through the normal process, monitors turn off, but the...
  9. Restart after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart after Shutdown: This is a question I've asked before. My PC often restarts even though I have powered off with Shutdown. The System settings for Shutdown and Restart are set correctly....
  10. Computer automatically restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer automatically restarts after shutdown: Windows 10 kept wanting to restart after it has been shutdown. The computer would have its power indicator turned off for maybe 2 seconds, then you hear the fan whirling and the BIOS screen appears followed by the usual boot process. I don't know how this would help, but...