Windows 10: Computer Restarts Every 2 Minutes After Fresh Install of Windows 10

Discus and support Computer Restarts Every 2 Minutes After Fresh Install of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sure seems like a hardware issue. I think it is most likely the power supply. About the only way to test it at home would be to replace it. A computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kaityf, Feb 26, 2017.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

Computer Restarts Every 2 Minutes After Fresh Install of Windows 10

Sure seems like a hardware issue. I think it is most likely the power supply. About the only way to test it at home would be to replace it. A computer repair shop should have a load tester that they could test the power supply with.

NavyLCDR, Mar 4, 2017
  2. kaityf Win User

Yeah. I've reached the limit of what I can do. Time to take the baby in for repairs. Thanks for all your help.

kaityf, Mar 4, 2017
  3. kaityf Win User
    I have additional info, but I don't know if it will make any difference.

I had changed the boot order in bios so that the flash drive would boot first, then the CD Rom, and then the hard drive. When I removed the flash drive and start the computer again, it actually booted from the CD Rom drive! I had made that the second option after the flash drive. That means it can run Seatools. (There was a Seatools disk in the drive that I had tried to use before.)

Now here's the new and interesting information (to me anyway). The screen resolution is off. It's magnified about 125%, which is actually one of the problems we had with the computer when it first started messing up. It's impossible to see what's on the far left of the screen. I looked up Seatools tutorials to find some screenshots to know what I was missing. What I can't see is the "Bas" in "Basic Tests." I also see an arrow on the screen like you would see for moving a cursor around with a mouse - but the mouse doesn't work. I tried a different mouse. That didn't work either.

Using cntrl/alt I was able to make selections and start running a long test. However, I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to read the log when it finishes as I can see the far left of the screen.

I find that resolution thing odd as well as the mouse thing. Does this narrow down any problems? I figure I still have to take the computer in for repairs, but it would be nice to have an idea of the problem.

kaityf, Mar 4, 2017
  4. kaityf Win User

I thought everyone would like to know that the problem with the computer was a bad graphics card. New card was installed and everything seems to be working okay.

kaityf, Mar 7, 2017
  5. Bad video card was my thought. The fact that it would do the restart loop when it would connect to the internet was what told me that the video hardware was bad. The drivers for it were coming in through an update somehow, and that would cause the crash loops. You wouldnt get a blue screen because the card would cut out and not display anything so there wasnt anything to see.

The crashing would only start after the install of drivers because before the drivers are installed only the most basic functions of the card were active. The card during this time was mostly inactive so whatever about it that was bad and causing the issues wasnt active so it wouldnt fail.

Now I could be wrong about that, but Ive repaired a number of computers in my time, including my own. When ever I would see something like this, that was the cause.

Ive also seen faulty processors and mobos cause issues like this too.

Good to hear that it seems to be fixed though. Come back in a few days and let us know if it stays working.

ArazelEternal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer Restarts Every 2 Minutes After Fresh Install of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Computer Restarts Every

2. Computer restarts and freezes after a fresh install of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer restarts and freezes after a fresh install of windows 10.: After I reinstalled windows 10 in my desktop and after it boots up it takes 1-2 min to either restart my system or freeze and become completely unresponsive. I have tried most fixes on the internet and nothing has worked this far and I'm getting very desperate. I need ideas....
  3. Computer restarts and freezes after a fresh install of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer restarts and freezes after a fresh install of windows 10.: After I reinstalled windows 10 in my desktop and after it boots up it takes 1-2 min to either restart my system or freeze and become completely unresponsive. I have tried most fixes on the internet and nothing has worked this far and I'm getting very desperate. I need ideas....
  4. Computer restarts and freezes after a fresh install of windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes: Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22000.527, time stamp: 0x59dc9944Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22000.1, time stamp: 0x00e78ce9Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x000000000007dd7eFaulting process id: 0x2648Faulting application...
  6. Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes: Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22000.527, time stamp: 0x59dc9944Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22000.1, time stamp: 0x00e78ce9Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x000000000007dd7eFaulting process id: 0x2648Faulting application...
  7. Fresh Windows 10 Install - BSOD every few minutes

Fresh Windows 10 Install - BSOD every few minutes: Did a fresh install of windows 10 home edition 64bit and I cant do anything for more than a few minutes without BSOD. Cant determine a trigger either, also another weird thing is that the PC wont detect my dedicated GPU anymore, ive tried reseating it and installing drivers...
  8. Windows 10 BSOD after every fresh installation.

Windows 10 BSOD after every fresh installation.: Hi evreyone, I have recently rebooted my windows 10 since i was getting some BSOD and some have gone away. Recently i got a BSOD, reading the dumb files i find that ntkrnlmp.exe is causing the BSOD, now i dont really know how to analyze the dumb further, so i tought of...
  9. Windows 10 BSOD after every fresh installation.

Windows 10 BSOD after every fresh installation.: Hey everyone, I've been trying for years to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but have had absolutely no luck when it comes to it. I've just bought a brand new SSD from Amazon, installed WIndows 10 from the Microsoft website via USB onto it. I installed the drivers...
  10. Automatic Restart Every 2 Minutes

Automatic Restart Every 2 Minutes: Hi All, About 5 days ago I received a BSOD but I cannot remember what it was for (It may have been a Power State Failure). I would get the BSOD and then the computer would restart. I uninstalled the latest Microsoft Update (I believe it was a Security update). BSOD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer restarting every 2 minutes

2. pc reboots after shutdown fresh install