Windows 10: Computer restarts -- probable cause AuthenticAMD

Discus and support Computer restarts -- probable cause AuthenticAMD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Last week my Dell laptop began to restart occasionally. There was no discernible pattern regarding apps running, etc. The debugger gave a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by eSEB, Jun 22, 2018.

1. eSEB Win User

Computer restarts -- probable cause AuthenticAMD

Hello,

Last week my Dell laptop began to restart occasionally. There was no discernible pattern regarding apps running, etc. The debugger gave a WHEA_ERROR_RECORD at ffff908ab5f108f8 and fingered AuthenticAMD as the probable cause. My knowledge on these matters permits me to go no further than reporting that. I was preparing to send several minidump files using the little app supplied here, but after another sudden restart and long boot they disappeared from their folder. So I have attached the dump file as instructed from the last crash an hour or so ago and hope that (along with the many other details the app gathered) will be sufficient. Any help would be truly appreciated.

Thanks,

:)

2. Update KB3150513, causing random restarts

HI,

There are different possible reasons as to why you computer is restarting randomly. An update not installed properly could be one of the causes. For us to resolved you concern, kindly answer the question below;

• Were there any error messages before you computer restarts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

You can also refer to this article:
    Windows Update Troubleshooter
    . Just choose the version for your system and follow the steps.

Update us on the results once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jun 22, 2018
  3. random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Jun 22, 2018
  4. Computer restarts -- probable cause AuthenticAMD

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    • In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    • In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jun 22, 2018
Thema:

Computer restarts -- probable cause AuthenticAMD

1. Computer restarts -- probable cause AuthenticAMD - Similar Threads - Computer restarts probable

2. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - AuthenticAMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - AuthenticAMD: I'm trying to get a "render farm" going using Nvidia GPUs and Octane Render. On Windows Server 2019, I get BSOD and reboots while running render benchmarks Octane Bench. It can usually make it a few seconds into the test, further if I power limit the GPUs but it's...
  3. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - AuthenticAMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - AuthenticAMD: I'm trying to get a "render farm" going using Nvidia GPUs and Octane Render. On Windows Server 2019, I get BSOD and reboots while running render benchmarks Octane Bench. It can usually make it a few seconds into the test, further if I power limit the GPUs but it's...
  4. Windbg has no probable cause field

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windbg has no probable cause field: Hi,I update my WIndbg tool to the latest version 22621, since doing so I no longer have a "probably Caused by" field.I have uninstalled the new verison and have what I had before but I am still not getting a cuased by field.This used to work flawlessly before I made this...
  5. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. AuthenticAMD was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. AuthenticAMD was...: Problem descriptionI shutdown my computer yesterday after keeping it on for months and turned it on today to do some video editing, the first crash happens when I was using the Olive Video editor https://www.olivevideoeditor.org/ , so I though it was a software problem so I...
  6. Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD: This is my first experience with this specific BSOD. I have not manually updated any drivers recently so I'm not quite sure of the issue, although it could be related to the NVIDIA display drivers I installed approx 1 month ago.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version...
  7. Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD: This is my first experience with this specific BSOD. I have not manually updated any drivers recently so I'm not quite sure of the issue, although it could be related to the NVIDIA display drivers I installed approx 1 month ago.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version...
  8. Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. bsod probably caused by a driver

bsod probably caused by a driver: i was getting bsod error's for a few days so today i decided to run driver verifier and i got a bsod with driver verifier detected violation error, i viewed the minidump file and this issue is apparently being caused by "SteamStreamingMicrophone.sys" driver, how can i fix...
  10. Computer restart randomly probably due to scheduler task running

Computer restart randomly probably due to scheduler task running: Hi, I want to setup a scheduler task which just run some SQLlite commands every 10 minutes. However, it probably cause the compute to restart. When I disable the task, the restart issue seems to stop. I attached the dump/log files collected using the log collector. 96912

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer error and its probable cause and solution

2. scan for hardware changes and my computer restarts

3. authenticamd causing bsod windows 10

4. probably caused by : authenticamd