Windows 10: Computer restarts randomly without warning.

Discus and support Computer restarts randomly without warning. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone Ever since I bought this computer a year ago, my computer randomly crashes. It's often about 20 - 30 minutes after starting up, but not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by txacoli, Dec 14, 2016.

1. txacoli Win User

Computer restarts randomly without warning.

Hi everyone

Ever since I bought this computer a year ago, my computer randomly crashes. It's often about 20 - 30 minutes after starting up, but not always. Sometimes it can be after several hours' use. There's no warning; nothing comes up to tell me the computer will restart, it just does. I wondered if it was linked to updates and I've set the system to allow me to install the updates manually, but that hasn't fixed it. I also disabled the forced update in Task Scheduler and that seemed to work for a while, but now it's happening again with monotonous regularity.

I've done Google searches on this and I can't find anything other than this page How Easily Disable The Automatic Forced Reboot after - JustPaste.it. I appear to be the only person experiencing this.

If someone can help please, I'd be so grateful. I'm being driven mad by this.
    Thanks in advance

Mark

USER-13_12_2016_184703_39.zip

:)

txacoli, Dec 14, 2016
  2. jimakers Win User

computer randomly restarts multiple times

My computer randomly restarts without warning . I've been running windows 10 for a long time ... I upgraded from windows 8.1 ... it was a free upgrade .

jimakers, Dec 14, 2016
  3. Laptop Randomly Restarts without any warning.

Kernel ID 41:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/202850...

Usually, if there is no BSOD, shutting down randomly is due to either overheating or a faulty Battery unit.

I remember some BIOS updates led to Random shutdowns in January. Did you apply a BIOS update in the laptop in Feb?

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 14, 2016
  4. Computer restarts randomly without warning.

Sorry for the question and not an answer but maybe it will help with an answer.

Your very first sentence says your machine crashes, which I assume is a BSOD. If not could you describe what you mean.

Then you mention it randomly restarts and unless you changed the behavior, after a BSOD you machine will automatically restart.

Is your auto reboot disabled. Start control panel, click on System, click on Advance system settings, click on Settings in Startup and Recovery section, remove check mark from Automatically restart.

I think the default is show BSOD for 30 seconds. Anyway with it disabled it will stop.

Have you view your update history, is there an update that is repetitively failing to install so it just keeps trying?.

I see in your post you search disabling Updates. Have you reviewed threads on Random Restart within this forum, there are lots, one as recent as Oct 2016.

Caledon Ken, Dec 14, 2016
Thema:

Computer restarts randomly without warning.

1. Computer restarts randomly without warning. - Similar Threads - Computer restarts randomly

2. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Restarting Without Warning: Hello!My computer has been randomly restarting several times over the past couple of months and I'm trying to investigate why.Here is the error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000002,...
  3. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Restarting Without Warning: Hello!My computer has been randomly restarting several times over the past couple of months and I'm trying to investigate why.Here is the error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000002,...
  4. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My computer randomly freezes and then restarts without any warning.

My computer randomly freezes and then restarts without any warning.: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎3/‎28/‎2021 9:50 PM Status Report sent Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 144 Parameter 1: 1020 Parameter 2:...
  6. Windows Randomly Restarts Without Warning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Randomly Restarts Without Warning: About two weeks back I got a new laptop and almost everyday I seem to be facing restart issues. While working the screen goes black and the laptop restarts. This happens once almost everyday. There is some thermal throttling when it happens but the laptop doesn't seem to be...
  7. Computer keeps restarting without warning.

Computer keeps restarting without warning.: Hi, a week ago my computer started to restart without warning and i didnt know what to do, i tried everything i could, i use sfc /scannow and DISM there were no corrupted files. i have tried to uninstall latest windows updates but they just reinstalled themselves as if...
  8. Computer randomly restarts without warning.

Computer randomly restarts without warning.: My computer restarts unexpectedly every few minutes. If I don't manage to force shutdown by holding down my desktop power button, then it will go into a loop where it starts up, attempts an automatic repair, blackscreens while the tower is still runningall peripherals...
  9. Computer restarting without warning

Computer restarting without warning: Recently, my computer has been restarting without warning. These are the problem details for a recent restart: Source: Windows Summary: Hardware error Date: ‎3/‎31/‎2020 5:31 PM Status: Not reported Description: A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop...
  10. Computer restarting without warning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarting without warning: I am running Windows 10 on a 5 year old tower and have an unusual problem of the computer suddenly closing down and restarting without warning, 2 or 3 time per day. Only common observations are that the fault often but not always occurs about 3 to 5 minutes after it has been...