Windows 10: Computer running very slow after auto upgrade -- programs won't open

Discus and support Computer running very slow after auto upgrade -- programs won't open in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 auto-updated on my laptop when I spent two days out of town. Now my computer is running 10 times slower! It takes 10 minutes for my apps and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Photokool, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Photokool Win User

Computer running very slow after auto upgrade -- programs won't open

Windows 10 auto-updated on my laptop when I spent two days out of town. Now my computer is running 10 times slower! It takes 10 minutes for my apps and programs to open, and I'm constantly getting error messages about files not responding and freezing up. I'm also getting "not responding" messages in other browsers, too.

I cannot get most programs to open from the Start menu now. I have to go the file location, double click and wait forever (up to 10 minutes) for the program to show up. It does not show that it is doing ANYTHING in the mean time.

I did not have any issues with my laptop before with running 8. I can't spend hours waiting for something to open, and I constantly have to close and reopen due to freeze ups. If I click on File Explorer, it takes forever to open, and when it does finally open, I get the spinning circle when I navigate where I need to go. When I click on a file, it says, "not responding." VERY frustrated!

What do I need to do?

:)

Photokool, Sep 7, 2015

2. Microsoft Clock

The computer is unbearably slow after the update. Every program is very slow to open and very slow to run. The only one I have tried to run that refused to run was the clock program. I have all of my data on a separate, encrypted hard drive which I have
    been unable to access following the update.

WilliamWheatley44, Sep 7, 2015
  3. amotheman Win User
    windows-10 running very slow and my programs open and some dont

I was running windows 8.1 and everything was running fast then I received my upgrade to windows 10 and now my laptop top is running very slow and some programs don't open. I have turned everything off nothing running in the background or at startup. I
    defragged the hard drive can someone tell what to do please.

amotheman, Sep 7, 2015
Thema:

Computer running very slow after auto upgrade -- programs won't open

1. Computer running very slow after auto upgrade -- programs won't open - Similar Threads - Computer running very

2. Computer running very slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer running very slow.: I cleaned disk and unwanted files .But computer still running very slow.Hoping you can help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-very-slow/f4755bac-384e-4540-a2d2-e08890c8daef
  3. Computer running very slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer running very slow.: I cleaned disk and unwanted files .But computer still running very slow.Hoping you can help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-very-slow/f4755bac-384e-4540-a2d2-e08890c8daef
  4. Computer has randomly become very slow to open programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer has randomly become very slow to open programs: Hey, as of yesterday my computer has been extremely slow and struggles to even open chrome/ video games or scan it’s storage Task manager isn’t running anything passively and I’m not sure what’s causing itAny help would be great thank you...
  5. Computer has randomly become very slow to open programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer has randomly become very slow to open programs: Hey, as of yesterday my computer has been extremely slow and struggles to even open chrome/ video games or scan it’s storage Task manager isn’t running anything passively and I’m not sure what’s causing itAny help would be great thank you...
  6. Computer has randomly become very slow to open programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. my computer is running very slow

my computer is running very slow: hi! my computer is running very slowly. task manager shows that a process "services and controller app " used up almost 90% of the CPU capacity! Can anybody help?...
  8. Computer is running very slow

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer is running very slow: My computer is running very slow and sometimes it does not to respond at all. And this happen after I watch adult content movies. Please help. AB Mavhungu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/computer-is-running-very-slow/ebca2912-84c8-4e15-8ea0-bc01844e2c4a
  9. windows 10 very slow in opening programs

windows 10 very slow in opening programs: These are my system specifications Intel core i5-7200u 2.5ghz 4 gb ram Windows 10 Home Windows is very slow at opening programs (such as Chrome, Firefox etc) when intially starting up. It can take up to 30 minutes just to open the Chrome application. Is there...
  10. my computer runs very slow

my computer runs very slow: please help to make my computer runs faster thanks and god bless alanis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-runs-very-slow/47ae14ce-1dd2-4323-b2bc-d16e3b1a6c82