Windows 10: Computer says it has a disc drive and it is working, but it does not.

Discus and support Computer says it has a disc drive and it is working, but it does not. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1. My disc drive wasn't working before the upgrade. In fact, before the upgrade, my computer didn't even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by veganbri710, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Computer says it has a disc drive and it is working, but it does not.

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1. My disc drive wasn't working before the upgrade. In fact, before the upgrade, my computer didn't even recognize it HAD a disc drive. Now it recognized it, and when I go to the device manager, it says it is working properly. I tried doing an online search on how to fix this and tried a recommended command prompt, but that did not work either. Please help! I really want to use my disc drive.

:)

veganbri710, Sep 11, 2015

2. i have changed my password and forgot it in my nokia lumia 520...is there any way that i can get my phone unlocked....if there is any way what is that?

Plzz tell me a way to unlock my mobile Nokia lumia 520

but it is not working.....:'(:'(, Sep 11, 2015
  3. Wifi says it is connected but my computer has no internet???

Hi Eileen,

It is now not connecting even if I restart it.

I have made no recent changes with my laptop, though at the start of the year they had to replace the circuit board as the charger hole was loose. I tried connecting to a different wifi connection with the same result. When I try to search for anything in
    google or edge it comes up with this image (I couldn't send myself screenshots because of the wifi sorry so it's from my phone)

The wifi says it is connected and there are no warning symbols

Computer says it has a disc drive and it is working, but it does not. [​IMG]

Computer says it has a disc drive and it is working, but it does not. [​IMG]

Oscar Baker, Sep 11, 2015
  4. KACI Win User

Computer says it has a disc drive and it is working, but it does not.

If it wasn't working before it's probably a hardware issue. Windows may be able to tell you have one and even load the correct drivers but it can't necessarily tell if it's broken. One thing I'd try is to remove it, reboot, shut down and reinstall it. See if it's re detected and if that has any effect. My guess is that it needs to be replaced. If you have an external enclosure you could try it that way as well.

Thema:

Computer says it has a disc drive and it is working, but it does not.

1. Computer says it has a disc drive and it is working, but it does not. - Similar Threads - Computer says has

2. External disc drive doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External disc drive doesn't work: External disc drive does not work with Windows Media Player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-disc-drive-doesnt-work/47a2fc9a-5b75-4548-944f-9d19edfbe7bf
  3. External disc drive doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External disc drive doesn't work: External disc drive does not work with Windows Media Player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-disc-drive-doesnt-work/47a2fc9a-5b75-4548-944f-9d19edfbe7bf
  4. Disc Drive has completely disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disc Drive has completely disappeared: I have a laptop with two internal drives: a 500GB C:Drive and a 1TB D:Drive. When I turned on my PC this morning I noticed that my D:Drive with 500GB of stuff stored on it had disappeared, and I'm unable to access any of the data stored in it.I've been doing research and...
  5. Will a Repair disc work on another computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will a Repair disc work on another computer?: I am having to try and fix boot issues on a computer belonging to someone else, my first thought as it looks to be a damaged file within /system32 was to create a repair USB on my desktop and use it to then repair the OS on the other computer but then I started to wonder if...
  6. CD ROM Drive does not read a disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CD ROM Drive does not read a disc: I just purchased a new cd rom rw and the disk goes into the drive, but there is a file that is missing,can you help me get it working? My old cd rom quit doing the same thing. I have recently upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1....
  7. Disc Driver says there is no disc when there is a disc

Disc Driver says there is no disc when there is a disc: Hi there. I'm trying to install a disc game on my Alienware Aurora R2. I've inserted the disc into the computer, however the computer thinks that there is no disc in the drive. The disc is good b/c it is detected on other computers. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the...
  8. my disc drive isn't working

my disc drive isn't working: I just got this new school laptop and I decided to stick my cock in the disc drive and now my genital herpes are bleeding please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-disc-drive-isnt-working/274b082e-8df1-42a4-9b34-66a2965c315c
  9. Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E:

Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E:: Ever since the transition to windows 10 the dvd drive will not recognize,read or view any disc i put in, it says please insert a disc into drive E:. However my brothers laptop can view,recognize and read the disc. How can i fix this 24241
  10. Windows 10 does not recognize Disc Drive

Windows 10 does not recognize Disc Drive: After installing Windows 10 (I had 7 before), my computer does not recognize the D: Drive at all. I have a Lenovo H410 Desktop (Lenovo Windows 7PC). My scans show that all my drivers are updated, but there does not seem to be a driver for the disc drive. Is that what...