Windows 10: Computer screen blacks out before I can do anything

Discus and support Computer screen blacks out before I can do anything in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an HP desktop computer running Win10 64bit, I cannot make use of the computer because the screen blacks out almost instantaneously. I assume it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jecook, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Jecook Win User

Computer screen blacks out before I can do anything

I have an HP desktop computer running Win10 64bit, I cannot make use of the computer because the screen blacks out almost instantaneously. I assume it is a driver (Intel graphics and LG Monitor) problem but with the screen blacked out I cannot do any diagnosis.

Does anyone have any suggestions, I am at a complete loss!

:)

Jecook, Mar 4, 2017
  2. Linney Win User

Computer Keeps restarting before i can do anything to it

Can you not even do the following?

Manually shutting down (forcibly) three times in a row will bring you to the same screen.

You do that before any auto shutdown. By forcefully crashing your computer you can get to the Safe Mode and Recovery Options.

At the Bootup Screen, or in your Bios, there should be a boot order option allowing you to choose an option of what your machine boots from, whether it be USB, CD, DVD, or hard drive. If you create a Recovery Drive (elsewhere) then you can use that option
    too.

Linney, Mar 4, 2017
  3. Computer Keeps restarting before i can do anything to it

My computer doesn't give me enough time to do any of these things. After you replied i turned my computer on again and counted. It takes 35 seconds to actually do anything, then the program Auto-Opens and shuts my computer down within 8 seconds of opening

ConnorCandelaria, Mar 4, 2017
  4. Jecook Win User

Further to my request above:

I can get to the desktop if I turn the monitor on & off but within seconds the screen goes black. The System shows two graphics drivers one intel and one AMD both up to date.

Jecook, Mar 4, 2017
  5. brummyfan Win User
    Disconnect from mains and try reseating memory modules, check for faulty module as well.

brummyfan, Mar 4, 2017
  6. Renegd98 Win User
    Try safe mode

Renegd98, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer screen blacks out before I can do anything - Similar Threads - Computer screen blacks

2. I can not get my computer out of hibernation screen is black!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not get my computer out of hibernation screen is black!: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-get-my-computer-out-of-hibernation/2005cf37-4b85-49ff-807b-2a60b71272c0
  3. I can not get my computer out of hibernation screen is black!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not get my computer out of hibernation screen is black!: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-get-my-computer-out-of-hibernation/2005cf37-4b85-49ff-807b-2a60b71272c0
  4. I cannot do anything to fix a black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot do anything to fix a black screen: Hello! I’ve run into a dead end with an issue and I was hoping someone could help me out. When I log into windows, there is nothing but a black screen and a cursor. I looked up solutions but so far none have worked. I can’t open task manager from here, so I can’t delete the...
  5. I cannot do anything to fix a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot do anything to fix a black screen: Hello! I’ve run into a dead end with an issue and I was hoping someone could help me out. When I log into windows, there is nothing but a black screen and a cursor. I looked up solutions but so far none have worked. I can’t open task manager from here, so I can’t delete the...
  6. I cannot do anything to fix a black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. what is this? i didn’t do anything to my computer before. restarting it dosnt do anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is this? i didn’t do anything to my computer before. restarting it dosnt do anything: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bromomento69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwiphr/what_is_this_i_didnt_do_anything_to_my_computer/
  8. Black screen can't do anything!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen can't do anything!: Hi guys, I'm desperate... My computer all of the sudden started to go into the black screen with the cursor after doing the normal login user/password procedure. This didn't happen after a download of a new version of windows update, I just turned it on one day and it stayed...
  9. Black screen . No opportunity to do anything else

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen . No opportunity to do anything else: Hi, after a graphics driver issue my laptop ( running windows 10) is black. it shows nothing my docking station plugs in and is blank with the cursor. crtl alt delete doesn’t work nor anytbing i’ve tried. i have a bootable usb but cannot access as even in safe mode...
  10. Computer repeatedly restarts before I can do anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer repeatedly restarts before I can do anything: So this morning, I tried to install Windows 10. At first, it worked! I was all happy, so went on to login. Once I logged into my microsoft account, I was greeted by a blackscreen where I could move my mouse around. so, I rebooted, shift+clicked Restart, and got to the...