Windows 10: Computer screen stays black on Windows 10

Discus and support Computer screen stays black on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Computer screen stays black on Windows 10. So I press the power button get a little flash of light and that's it. Then I have to hold in the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by hollyoaks777, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Computer screen stays black on Windows 10

Computer screen stays black on Windows 10. So I press the power button get a little flash of light and that's it. Then I have to hold in the power button to turn it off, and start it back up and it works fine. This is happening every time I turn the computer on! Anyone got any Ideas? I am running Windows 10 Home.

:)

hollyoaks777, Sep 16, 2015

2. Computer screen stays black on Windows 10.

It worked... thank you

james002yX, Sep 16, 2015
  3. paulg777 Win User
    Computer screen stays black on Windows 10.

Computer screen stays black on Windows 10. So I press the power button get a little flash of light and that's it. Then I have to hold in the power button to turn it off, and start it back up and it works fine. This is happening every time I turn the computer
    on! Anyone got any Ideas? I am running Windows 10 Home.

paulg777, Sep 16, 2015
  4. golfbird Win User

Computer screen stays black on Windows 10

I had a similar experience, windows would come up on a fresh start but not on restart.
    First checked all ram, no help.
    substituted hard drive with fresh install of os, no help
    replace cpu, no help
    reset bios to default, and that resolved my problem
    maybe this is similar problem for you

golfbird, Sep 19, 2015
  5. I got my money back and got a new one. Thanks for the help anyway mate.

hollyoaks777, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Computer screen stays black on Windows 10

1. Computer screen stays black on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Computer screen stays

2. My windows computer keeps crashing as in the screen goes black but the tower stays on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows computer keeps crashing as in the screen goes black but the tower stays on.: Here are the errors im getting. This only happens when im playing games online. When this happens i usualy just turn the computer off using the power button. I've looked at past forms like this one. If someone could help me out that would be amazing! Thanks, Charlie....
  3. My laptop stays in black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop stays in black screen: I accidentally turned off my laptop only by closing it and now when i turn it on it only stays in black screen i restarted it many times but nothing worked after couple off times it brought me to the blue windows page and i hit automatically find problems but it just only...
  4. My laptop stays in black screen

My laptop stays in black screen: I accidentally turned off my laptop only by closing it and now when i turn it on it only stays in black screen i restarted it many times but nothing worked after couple off times it brought me to the blue windows page and i hit automatically find problems but it just only...
  5. PC black screen flickering and staying black sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC black screen flickering and staying black sometimes: questions for friends pc his screen keeps flickering black and sometimes stay black while gaming and staying idle he has 16gb ram updated drivers sometimes would stop for a little if hertz were changed lower has 165hz monitor...
  6. PC black screen flickering and staying black sometimes

PC black screen flickering and staying black sometimes: questions for friends pc his screen keeps flickering black and sometimes stay black while gaming and staying idle he has 16gb ram updated drivers sometimes would stop for a little if hertz were changed lower has 165hz monitor...
  7. computer crashes to black screen but computer stays on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer crashes to black screen but computer stays on: at seemingly random times, whether i was on the computer all day or it started up a few minutes ago my computer will crash to a black screen and immediately restart windows and boot up on its own, i'm worried, what could be the issue?...
  8. My HP computer stay black screen even with the power on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My HP computer stay black screen even with the power on.: I don't know whether I'm in the right place, but I'll give it a shot. it was a HP ENVY Beats all in one PC 23-n103hk. Is been around a while now since is a Intel i3 version of it.a couple of weeks ago my mother wanted to use it and it turns out to be a black screen. A 2...
  9. Instakking windows 10 screen went black, and stays black, nomessage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Instakking windows 10 screen went black, and stays black, nomessage: Just tried to install windows 10. Seemed to go ok Then restarted and it said working on uodates. Got to about 30% then screen went black. Mouse pointer appears when mouse moved then vanishes. Nothing else seems to be happening. Benn like that for 25 minutes noiw No...
  10. Window 10 screen stay black after entered password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 screen stay black after entered password: It won't display icons or tool bars, just black. the only commend is CTRL +ALT + DELETE to shut off then power back on to start it again. look at the tesk manager for clues and there is nothing running? And when its working, sometime get two screens overlapped can't see...