Windows 10: Computer seems restarting at lock option

Discus and support Computer seems restarting at lock option in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; my laptop sometime "restarts" when i lock it. basically sometimes when i will leave my room even just for a couple of minutes i will lock it using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mecchi, Nov 14, 2016.

1. mecchi Win User

Computer seems restarting at lock option

my laptop sometime "restarts" when i lock it. basically sometimes when i will leave my room even just for a couple of minutes i will lock it using "acer power button" then when i came back i'll just input my password again then i'm back to normal. but sometimes my laptop seems to restart after locking. example i will lock my laptop and go to the nearby store, after i came back i'll input my password it will load then it will start the start up applications which i already closed and my open application are all closed. in short my laptop kinda restarts even i only lock it. it's not that big of a problem but 1 out of 10 of "lock" will have a "restart"-like after inputting password. any clue as to why it happens and solutions guys?

:)

mecchi, Nov 14, 2016
  2. Texrodder Win User

Problem installing version 1709 on Windows 10 Pro

Went to msconfig and did not see any option for services and restarted. Now cannot get to sign in screen for user account. Seem to be locked out of computer

Texrodder, Nov 14, 2016
  3. Windows 10 restarting at what seems like random times

There's a few reasons this could happen. The most likely is typically the system is overheating or drawing too many watts for the charger to keep up.

If it was a software issue, you'd be seeing a crash "blue screen of dealth" instead of just a sudden cutoff.

But, there are some recent system updates from Intel and AMD chip builders, to patch the "Spectre" and "Meltdown" vulnerabilities, and they were found to have flaws that caused spontaneous system reboots.

The companies that manufacturer products using these chips (companies like HP, Dell, Asus, Toshiba, etc.) have issues newer updates to fix it, but you have to go to the company's website to get the updates directly.

Now, that's not absolutely the cause, but it's one of the more recently known issues that are causing that type of issue, so it's a good idea to go get any available updates from the manufacturer first.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Nov 14, 2016
Thema:

Computer seems restarting at lock option

1. Computer seems restarting at lock option - Similar Threads - Computer seems restarting

2. Computer Staggers, locks up, restarts - or simple a BSOD then restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Staggers, locks up, restarts - or simple a BSOD then restart.: Hey everyone, I have had my computer close to 7 years, albeit I have swapped the original memory out. It has for the last 7 years run as well as I can ask for, sometimes its crashed, BSOD, among other issues but they tend to be sporadic and sporadic, but this latest issue has...
  3. Computer Staggers, locks up, restarts - or simple a BSOD then restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Staggers, locks up, restarts - or simple a BSOD then restart.: Hey everyone, I have had my computer close to 7 years, albeit I have swapped the original memory out. It has for the last 7 years run as well as I can ask for, sometimes its crashed, BSOD, among other issues but they tend to be sporadic and sporadic, but this latest issue has...
  4. Computer seems to be reset and if restarted is stuck on the loading screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer seems to be reset and if restarted is stuck on the loading screen: So I turned on my computer, it started normally. it was also normal in the login procces, when I got into my computer though, all of my apps, files, wallpapers were gone. I panicked , I also tried to open chrome but it opened an error...
  5. Computer restarts seemingly randomly

Computer restarts seemingly randomly: I've been struggling with this problem on and off for a few weeks now. At any given point my computer shuts down, then loops restarting itself while "Preparing auto repair", until it finally outputs Stopcode: WHEA Uncorrectable error. I've spoken with support multiple times...
  6. Seemingly Random Restarts

Seemingly Random Restarts: I've recently been having an issue with my PC that I built. I have an IntelR CoreTM i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70 GHz, 16 GB Ram, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, and I have an ASUS Motherboard. I have a watercooler along with 5 other fans installed to the case. There was a lot of careful care...
  7. "Lock" option missing on one computer

in Windows 10 Support
    "Lock" option missing on one computer: I've recently had to use Remote Desktop to access two of my computers. I typically end the sessions with Sleep (if I've got nothing running) or Lock (if I've got something running under my id). Suddenly Lock is no longer available on one of the computers. I've checked to make...
  8. Lock Computer option has disappeared from computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock Computer option has disappeared from computer.: For some reason both Fast User Switching and the Lock Computer option disappeared from my computer today. I managed to re-enable Fast User Switching by altering the registry key...
  9. Media player problems, the cancel burn option seems locked in?

Media player problems, the cancel burn option seems locked in?: I'm trying to burn 9 tracks from a playlist ( my own wavs, not commercial) to a CDR. Each time the Media Player selects different tracks to say ERROR and won't burn them, wasting a CDR . (They all play out properly)The next time this happened, I clicked 'cancel burn' and now...
  10. No option to lock computer or change password

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to lock computer or change password: Hi! I have a very weird problem that I haven't been able to find a solution to. There are two parts to this problem, but I think it's the same cause. 1. I have no "lock" option. I can't select lock from the start menu, WIN+L and doing it via ctrl+alt+del doesn't work...