Windows 10: Computer sees the router but there is no connection

Discus and support Computer sees the router but there is no connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Computer sees the router but there is no connection - ran diagnostic ... Troubleshooting says 'One or more network protocols are missing on this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by over 50, Jun 23, 2016.

1. over 50 Win User

Computer sees the router but there is no connection

Computer sees the router but there is no connection - ran diagnostic ... Troubleshooting says 'One or more network protocols are missing on this computer'
    This is a new computer, first set up. I am . I have a satellite modem connected to a router. This setup has always provided wifi. I cannot get online when cable is run from modem to the router. I can only get internet if I plug cable directly into computer = no wifi for other devices.
    How do I get these 'network protocols?'
    Service providers ran tests, said hardware is working.

:)

over 50, Jun 23, 2016

2. PC is able to connect to wifi router but no there is no internet. PC shows "Secured, no internet"

Hello,

There can be a number of reasons for Wi-Fi connection issue in Windows, some common issues that can cause these problems are:

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.
    A wireless network router has a limited broadcast range. The further the computer is from the router, the weaker the broadcast signal. Solid objects, such as walls, metal furniture, and electrical appliances might interfere
    with the signal and decrease the usable range.

Follow the methods below and check if it works.

Method 1:

Try these steps and check.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Device manager.
    • Check if the Wi-Fi adapter is disabled.
    • Right click on it and click on "Uninstall."
    • Exit Device manager, restart your computer.
    • Check the issue.

Method 2: Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

The Network Adapter troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the adapter in the computer for any known issues and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Network Adapter”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

For more information and suggestions regarding the Network and Network Adapter issues, you may also refer to these articles:

Wired and wireless
    network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cant-connect-to-network#1TC=windows-10

How do I fix network adapter problems?

Note: These articles are for Windows 8/8.1 but holds good for Windows 10 too.

Write back to us if you need further assistance with Wi-Fi connection issue.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 23, 2016
  3. GY123 Win User
    PC is able to connect to wifi router but no there is no internet. PC shows "Secured, no internet"

Hi all!

Recently upgraded my PC from windows 7 to 10, and I'm using a TP-Link Archer T4U USB adapter for WiFi. I've installed the driver found on their website.

Problem:

PC is able to connect to wifi router but no there is no internet. PC shows "Secured, no internet"

Situation:

-Every other device is able to connect to my home wifi except this PC. So router isn't the problem.

-Curious, I used my android phone as wifi hotspot, and again my PC shows "Secured, no internet" when it connects to the hotspot. On the android phone, it writes <unknown ssid> has connected.

-I used to have a VPN software, which I uninstalled after upgrading to Win10. I'm not sure if any remnants remain

Trawled the web for solutions but none seem to work. Any help would be very much appreciated!

GY123, Jun 23, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi over 50 and welcome to Tenforums.
    If you get Internet when you connect with an ethernet cable directly to your satellite modem, it sounds to me that your router is the problem. If you run a cable from modem to router and no wifi is broadcasting (you can check for wifi with a phone or tablet), then the router is the problem: either it has failed, or it needs to be setup. How old is the router? I have found that usually, when a router is starting to fail, the wifi is the first thing to go.

If you connect a cable from the router to the new computer, do you get internet?

It's quite possible that a factory reset of the router may allow you to re-set it up, and get it working, but if it's failing, it won't last long and the wifi will go out again.

simrick, Jun 24, 2016
Thema:

1. Computer sees the router but there is no connection - Similar Threads - Computer sees router

2. Router connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Router connection: I am running windows 10 with no problems except my router.My computer will not connect via ethernet using the cable supplied or any other cable.I have to use wifi instead.I have had the router checked by Vodafone & all is fine.The cables have been checked by BTOpenreach & all...
  3. Router connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Router connection: I am running windows 10 with no problems except my router.My computer will not connect via ethernet using the cable supplied or any other cable.I have to use wifi instead.I have had the router checked by Vodafone & all is fine.The cables have been checked by BTOpenreach & all...
  4. Win 10 Says Connected but no internet, but other devices work & router sees computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Says Connected but no internet, but other devices work & router sees computer: Hello.On my gaming PC I have no internet. The Wi-Fi is connected but it says no internet connection. I cannot even access my router settings page, but all my other devices have internet and if I login to the router on another device I can see my gaming PC and it has an IP. If...
  5. Can see router but can't connect

Can see router but can't connect: Windows 10 did an update and I can't connect to my router not even using 192.168.1.1 or web address. I'm able to see it and that is all. Windows tells me it can't connect to network and I tried a lot of the suggestions and still nothing. Window refuses to even let me reload...
  6. Connecting a computer to a hard drive that is connected to a router

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting a computer to a hard drive that is connected to a router: I have two computers (both windows 10) that I need to connect to a router that I have connected to my router. One of the computers connected just fine but the other one can not see devices on my network. I have tried many things and nothing seems to work. Any help would be...
  7. Connecting to the Router

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting to the Router: A recent Windows Update July 2020 has left my laptop automatically connecting to the Internet via the router even at start-up, and even though the option to "Connect Automatically" is in the off position / has not been selected. Sometimes, if I do a "Restart", the machine...
  8. Can't See 1st Router's USB When Connected to 2nd Router

Can't See 1st Router's USB When Connected to 2nd Router: First, here is my connection: I have 2 routers. The 1st one is from provider, and has USB Samba Share plugged. This router is the main one with IP 192.168.1.1. The 2nd one is in AP Mode, DHCP disabled. The IP is 192.168.1.150. Now, I have 3 PCs. 1 PC connected to the...
  9. Computer can and can't see router

Computer can and can't see router: I upgraded to Windows 10 last year. I was running my TalkTalk router successfully both wirelessly and hardwired. Occasionally I would go off-line for no reason. Leave it a few hours I was back. I complained and was given a new router. Plugged it in and it was seen by my phone...
  10. connect router

connect router: how to connect router to a cable all in one modem 31167