Windows 10: Computer shows airplane symbol and won't turn off

Discus and support Computer shows airplane symbol and won't turn off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer shows the airplane mode and when I click on it it doesn't show the menu to go and select a wi-fi. So I go to settings and disable airplane... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tui741, Oct 3, 2016.

1. tui741 Win User

Computer shows airplane symbol and won't turn off

My computer shows the airplane mode and when I click on it it doesn't show the menu to go and select a wi-fi. So I go to settings and disable airplane mode and manually connect to a wi-fi and it works for a short amount of time until I have to reconnect it using the same process.

:)

tui741, Oct 3, 2016

2. permanently disable airplane mode

Hi,

Airplane mode gives you a quick way to turn off all wireless communications on your computer. So it can not be removed. It can only be turned off. However, you follow a helpful solution provided by George JeffryChilders and monohydrate from the link below to
    help you when Airplane Mode won't turn off on your Windows 10 computer.

Windows 10 airplane mode won't turn off

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jenicel Dri, Oct 3, 2016
  3. Jleslie Win User
    Latest Win 10 update incorrectly changed network connectivity symbol to Airplane Mode

The latest Win 10 update shows an Airplane Symbol indicating that the computer's WiFi is turned off. While this is true, the computers Ethernet connection is very much on and working. The previous desktop/display symbol for an Ethernet connection is
    missing, and leaves one with a belief that internet connectivity is gone. Will someone please ask Microsoft to fix this. I could not find any way to report this as a bug since Microsoft does not provide a way to do this on their web sites.

Jleslie, Oct 3, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

First, restart the PC and see if that fixes it. If you routinely hibernate or just shut down (assuming it's still on the default Fast Start option) then settings like this that have got out of sorts can persist. A full restart will reset them.

Bree, Oct 3, 2016
  5. tui741 Win User
    I tried that and it still doesn't work

tui741, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer shows airplane symbol and won't turn off - Similar Threads - Computer shows airplane

2. airplane mode keeps turning off and on

in Windows 10 Customization
    airplane mode keeps turning off and on: my zoostorm laptop running windows 10 has a problem with the airplane mode keeps turning on and off and ive tried so mant things can anyone help please...
  3. airplane mode keeps turning off and on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    airplane mode keeps turning off and on: my zoostorm laptop running windows 10 has a problem with the airplane mode keeps turning on and off and ive tried so mant things can anyone help please...
  4. My Computer Won't Turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Computer Won't Turn off: Hi I Own A Windows 10 System, Its OS Is Windows 10 Pro, The Computer is less than 1 year old.Specs Are Here If NeededDevice name DESKTOP-9OHUAP9 Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7600T CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.88 GB usable Product ID 00330-51295-89172-AAOEM...
  5. Airplane mode won't turn off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Airplane mode won't turn off: I've been trying to turn airplane mode off because it's not allowing me to connect to the wifi wirelessly. I have tried everything I could online but nothing seems to work. It does appear differently on my computer as opposed to other websites I've seen....
  6. A hotkey to turn airplane mode on/off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A hotkey to turn airplane mode on/off: I was wondering whether it is possible to turn airplane mode on/off using a keyboard shortcut. submitted by /u/MattAnon1998 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gq6bo6/a_hotkey_to_turn_airplane_mode_onoff/
  7. Lenovo Ideapad - Airplane mode won't turn off

Lenovo Ideapad - Airplane mode won't turn off: Ive tried everything i know, which isn't a lot, I've downloaded drivers on a different computer and installed them on the laptop and it hasn't made any difference. I'm at a loss. Please help Si...
  8. turn airplane mode off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn airplane mode off: I no longer have WIFI and cannot turn airplane mode off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-airplane-mode-off/1b9338c2-2c4a-4d36-9d01-d777628f3aa1
  9. Airplane Mode Will Not Turn Off

Airplane Mode Will Not Turn Off: My laptop's flight mode is stuck on. I went to setting and it showed the switch and the text above it grey. I have tried everything to try to fix it but nothing is working as of now. I do not really post on forums much but this is urgent so i need to get it fixed as soon as...
  10. Turning off Airplane Mode

Turning off Airplane Mode: How do I turn off airplane mode on my computer, when the wifi/airplane mode icon on the taskbar does not work? (I have clicked on the wifi icon, then on "airplane mode", but nothing changes and cannot turn the mode off)....