Windows 10: Computer shuts down when lid is closed

Discus and support Computer shuts down when lid is closed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer doesn't suspend or hibernate when I close the lid no matter which configurations I set on power options. It always shuts down the computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Krakas, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Krakas Win User

Computer shuts down when lid is closed

My computer doesn't suspend or hibernate when I close the lid no matter which configurations I set on power options. It always shuts down the computer. If I click the power button before closing the lid, it suspends but when I close the lid he shuts down. I've tried to update the bios, it solved the problem but its happening again. I've also updated Intel Management Engine Interface driver as advised by asus and did not work.

PS: If I set it to do nothing it doesn't shut down, just does nothing, which is really not useful for me.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Krakas, Oct 29, 2016
  2. mmercuryy Win User

Laptop shuts down when lid is closed

On the first day of using my new xps 13, when I closed the laptop lid and opened it after an hour or so, it wasn't in sleep mode; I had to turn my laptop on. I thought it was just an error, but it continued until today, which is the second day that I am
    using the laptop. However, if I open the laptop after closing the lid for around 10-20 minutes, it works just fine. I am really not sure what I am supposed to do. I already set my laptop to go to sleep when the lid is closed for situation both with and without
    the charger using the control panel, but it still doesn't work.

Oddly though, yesterday, when I tried to restart my laptop, it oddly showed the screen "Please do not shut the computer down" with a blue screen with the circle for around an hour or so, so I'm not sure if that's relevant.

Anyways, could anyone help me with that?

mmercuryy, Oct 29, 2016
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Laptop shuts down when lid is closed

Go Control Panel, Power options, Choose what closing the lid does.

Control Panel app is in All apps under Windows System.

lacrumb, Oct 29, 2016
Thema:

Computer shuts down when lid is closed

1. Computer shuts down when lid is closed - Similar Threads - Computer shuts down

2. Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid: Laptop shuts down when closing the lid or putting it to sleep and even to hibernate. All my applications closes when I turn my laptop on. I have tried everything in the power options many command promts but none of them helped. I even did a reset on my laptop but the problem...
  3. Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid: Laptop shuts down when closing the lid or putting it to sleep and even to hibernate. All my applications closes when I turn my laptop on. I have tried everything in the power options many command promts but none of them helped. I even did a reset on my laptop but the problem...
  4. laptop shuts down when i close the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop shuts down when i close the lid: my laptop is shutting downnot sleep when i close the lid which use to go hibernate about 3 days ago...facing this problem from 3 days.....checked with power options.....everything is fine there....plz help...
  5. Closing the lid of my laptop results in computer shut down

Closing the lid of my laptop results in computer shut down: Hi to the forumThe last few days my laptop started to behave abnormally. Whenever I try to lower or even touch the angle of the lid when open it immediately starts shutting down! My power settings have been forever set so that closing the lid would put the laptop in sleep...
  6. Always shuts down when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Always shuts down when lid is closed: When I close my laptops lid windows will shutdown Instead of sleeping? (Windows pro N on dell latitude e6420) submitted by /u/Miner142 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lnfoq7/always_shuts_down_when_lid_is_closed/
  7. Shut Down when closing the lid

Shut Down when closing the lid: I have set my Win 10 computer's Power Options in the Control Panel to shut down when I close the lid. However I have noticed that after the screen is locked after ten minutes of no activity it does not shut down when I close the lid, it just stays in the locked screen...
  8. ThinkPad laptop shuts down when closing lid, even with the "When I close the lid setting"...

in Windows 10 Customization
    ThinkPad laptop shuts down when closing lid, even with the "When I close the lid setting"...: My work ThinkPad laptop shuts down when closing lid, even with the "When I close the lid setting" set to "Do Nothing". I am using external monitor and I want to be able to just keep the laptop lid closed. What am I doing wrong? [ATTACH]...
  9. Laptop shuts down when in hibernation or closing lid

Laptop shuts down when in hibernation or closing lid: About a week ago my laptop had a change or hard drive. When I got it back, the screen went blank after being put on sleep mode, but I still could see and use the mouse. I rolled back the display driver and now it won’t project image through hdmi, and whenever I put it on...
  10. Closing the lid shuts down the system

Closing the lid shuts down the system: I use a Dell Precision 5510 with windows 10 pro version 1909 with latest updates installed. I have been facing an issue since a month where when I close the lid of the laptop, the pc shuts down despite of the power settings set to 'go to sleep' when the 'lid is closed'....