Windows 10: Computer shutsdown randomly

Discus and support Computer shutsdown randomly in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Alright, as per title my pc justs shutsdown randomly and then comes back ON again. It has happened few times now, I have checked all cables and wiring,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Devilz, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Devilz Win User

Computer shutsdown randomly

Alright, as per title my pc justs shutsdown randomly and then comes back ON again. It has happened few times now, I have checked all cables and wiring, everything seems to be in place as it should be. Any guesses what could be the cause of it?

Cheers

:)

Devilz, Oct 30, 2016

2. Computer randomly shutsdown

Please restart your computer and allow 30 minutes for the system to run before uploading information. When examining Event Viewer log files many, not all, problems show in the period immediately after the computer has
    been booted.

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32
    and click OK . Place the cursor on
    System Summary. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Click Save.
    Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file.
    The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two
    for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. Reports in normal mode preferred. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode. If the report is in a
    language other than English, please state the language.

Please upload and share with everyone fresh copies of your
    System
    and Application logs (two files) from your Event Viewer to your One Drive and post a link here. You can remove the earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type
    eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and
    Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do the same for the Applications log. Do
    not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do
    not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, Oct 30, 2016
  3. Sue321 Win User
    Computer randomly shutsdown

Hi, ever since I upgraded my Acer Laptop to Windows10, it keeps shutting down randomly and restarting. How do I fix this? Also, I am unable to get the pc to upgrade.

Sue321, Oct 30, 2016
  4. Ronc303 Win User

Could it be overheating? Have you checked the fan and processor for dust build up?

Ronc303, Oct 31, 2016
  5. Devilz Win User
    Yes its all neat and clean.

Devilz, Nov 6, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    A computer that shuts down is overheating or is a failing PSU.
    Boot into Setup (Bios) go to PC Health and check the Temperatures and the Voltages. Report here.
    Start the computer with the cover off and make sure all fans are spinning and not blocked by any wires.
    Take a look at the 750W PSU label and report the Make and Model#

spunk, Nov 6, 2016
  7. Devilz Win User
    I will look at power supply and report here. I have ordered thermal compound as I cleaned old one from cpu and heatsink. Yes it is basic case but I have 2 x 120 fans on top, one at front and one rear with no OC so I guess they should be enough to reduce heat inside.

Devilz, Nov 7, 2016
  8. Devilz Win User

Here are few pictures from inside of the case...

Computer shutsdown randomly [​IMG]

Devilz, Nov 7, 2016
  9. spunk Win User
    Looks nice and clean. Re-Apply Thermal Paste. Then check Temperatures in Bios.

spunk, Nov 7, 2016
  10. Devilz Win User
    All fans are working after reapplying thermal. Here is the screenshot of bios showing Temps

Devilz, Nov 7, 2016
  11. Devilz Win User
    I have noticed the CPU temperature shoot from 61 to 78 in idle state. Still in bios screen, could it be that cpu heat sink needs changing?

Devilz, Nov 9, 2016
  12. Devilz Win User
    Alright, by looking at cpu Temps at idle in bios I decided to go with liquid cooling system and as it was my first attempt ever with liquid cooling I decided to go with this..

It was pretty easy to install as instruction manual comes with it. After installation and test run I noticed cpu temp sits at steady 25 at idle state.

Here are few pics of fitting

I decided to keep fan as intake and fitted tank on top of it. I hope this will resolve any issues with my computer shutting down randomly.

Devilz, Nov 11, 2016
  13. spoons27 Win User

My first thought was throw away that Jeantech PSU*Smile

spoons27, Nov 12, 2016
  14. If your not overclocking I was gonna suggest a bigger air cooler like the freezer 13 which is 220W, more than enough to soak that instant heat rise up as I find those single Rad/Fan combos too noisy with the high pressure fan on them ?

RoadBlaster, Nov 13, 2016
  15. CountMike New Member
    You might get better cooling if you place radiator fan on the inside and let it blow thru it. Those fans are made with higher static pressure so they can push more air thru dense fins radiator has. It would also act as exhaust fan and so aid air flow thru the case.

CountMike, Nov 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Computer shutsdown randomly - Similar Threads - Computer shutsdown randomly

2. Laptop shutsdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shutsdown: I am facing few issues in my W10 laptop Ilife Zed.1Without pressing power button when I put for charging,laptop will turn on and shutdown within 2 sec. 2 To turn on laptop at least I need to hold power button for 15sec otherwise it will shutdown.Initially it keeps turning off...
  3. My pc randomly shutsdown everytime i play games

My pc randomly shutsdown everytime i play games: Hey can someone help me when im playing games or in online class my pc shuts down after a big update last night and it never happend before but i think its something when the pc heats up like if it heats up it shuts down can someone help me fix it and before the update i can...
  4. My pc randomly shutsdown everytime i play games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My pc randomly shutsdown everytime i play games: Hey can someone help me when im playing games or in online class my pc shuts down after a big update last night and it never happend before but i think its something when the pc heats up like if it heats up it shuts down can someone help me fix it and before the update i can...
  5. Windows shutsdown during update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows shutsdown during update: My pc updated like 3 times and all times it shutsdown at like 15% and then you cant even boot it up, it stays at the loading circle i fixed it both times just by restarting, going into safe etc but this time its clearly worse as i cant even go into safe mode, its just thr...
  6. Computer Shutsdown Instead of Sleeps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Shutsdown Instead of Sleeps: I've been having this problem where my machine will hard shutdown instead of sleep. I'm running: Windows 10 Home ASUS Prime B350 Plus Mobo Ryzen 1700X I've seen this issue with some googling and I've tried the following fixes: Updated to the most recent BIOS v5602...
  7. Laptop shutsdown on its own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop shutsdown on its own: I dont know if this is the right place to ask for help but i got a Laptop which went off on its own a couple times , it was during a gaming session on League of legends just to be precise and right after i did the update that same dayit happened just in the early mornings...
  8. System shutsdown abruptly

in Windows 10 Support
    System shutsdown abruptly: after running for a while, my laptop just powers off with no warning without regard to what was being run. My current suspicion is overheating, but how can i track the true cause. 162599
  9. System lockups then shutsdown

System lockups then shutsdown: After leaving an 3d application ,sometimes system locksup ,monitor goes to sleep and Windows restarts . Any idea what may be the cause and where should I be checking for errors? Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem...
  10. Computer Randomly shutsdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Randomly shutsdown: Hi there, Recently my computer has randomly frozen for a second and then restarted itself, sometimes multiple times a day. Just starting today, sometime it might not even start up and instead ask to repair windows. I have reinstalled windows but the problem keeps happening....