Windows 10: Computer Shutting Off at Windows Logo

Discus and support Computer Shutting Off at Windows Logo in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Sabertooth 990FX motherboard. This isn't the first time I've installed Windows 10 on this computer (I was having issues with a corrupted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eternalrz, Sep 1, 2015.

1. eternalrz Win User

Computer Shutting Off at Windows Logo

I have a Sabertooth 990FX motherboard. This isn't the first time I've installed Windows 10 on this computer (I was having issues with a corrupted operating system before, so I've reinstalled Windows several times). Basically, I managed to get Windows 10 to install successfully with no corruption issues. I went into the BIOS to check some sleep settings since a new problem is that my computer won't sleep since Windows 10 was installed, and while I was in there, I enabled a USB 3.0 fast charging feature and since then, every other time that I boot the computer, it shuts off a few seconds after the Windows logo displays, but before the loading circle even shows up. Then I turn the computer back on again manually and it boots. But after I shut it down and the next time I try to boot it, it will do the same thing and shut off and then I will have to turn it on again manually and it will work. I went back and changed the settings back to their defaults, even flashed the BIOS to the latest version and the problem hasn't resolved. Is it possible the motherboard is now dead because I changed a simple setting? I get no error messages, no warnings, nothing when the computer boots successfully. I would like to know what to do before I RMA this to ASUS because I've heard horror stories and I would like to exhaust all other options (without voiding the five year warranty on the board) before I begin what my research has shown me, is about to be one of the most turbulent months or so of my life with ASUS.

:)

eternalrz, Sep 1, 2015

2. Windows 10 problem very weird

I can't figure this one out. From time to time turning off the computer doesn't actually shut it completely off. Looks like it's off from the on-can power and HDD light, but when I come back in the number lock still on. The Windows logo (lower right side
    of screen) stops functioning and I have to CNTL-ALT-DEL and go to shut down (then lower right corner) to select shut down. Often the ikon selections of the bottom screen are missing. Real buggy.

robertshuster, Sep 1, 2015
  3. smakar2 Win User
    PC restarts after turning ON

Hello

I have windows 10 running on a asus g551jw.

Here is the problem: I shut down computer or put it in hibernation it doesn't matter. The computer is off.

Then when I go and start computer I can see windows logo like its starting but then computer turns off.

Afterwords I start it again and then it starts normally.

What can cause this? Windows updates are up to date

Thanks

smakar2, Sep 1, 2015
  4. Computer Shutting Off at Windows Logo

I have this same problem on two machines a desktop as well as a laptop since a couple updates ago.

falconsfan79, Sep 11, 2015
  5. My computer worked without any problems with XP and Win7.Since the "upgrade" to Win 10,my monitor shuts down intermittently,the mouse,keyboard and monitor freeze and only a hard shutdown works.The Event Viewer error codes only return a "we're sorry" page,which is as helpful as mammary glands on a bull.The only sensible solution might be to stop Win10 auto updating drivers,any other thoughts on this?

joeandmarg0, Sep 11, 2015
  6. eternalrz Win User
    Okay this thread is about problems relevant to the entire computer shutting down abruptly during startup. Start a new thread for that since your issue isn't relevant to this one.

eternalrz, Sep 11, 2015
  7. Driver problems are common to all computers and I suspect that could be applicable to yours.Win10 updates drivers without asking,whether you want or need them.No doubt you have proved conclusively that drivers aren't part of your troubles.Good luck to you.

joeandmarg0, Sep 11, 2015
  8. eternalrz Win User

This isn't the first time I've installed Windows 10 on this machine and the other times, it was just fine. No issues seem to be present with drivers either and I'm aware of Windows 10's automatic driver updates.

eternalrz, Sep 11, 2015
  9. topgundcp Win User
    • If CPU get overheated, PC will shutdown: Double check all devices in your PC are properly seated including the CPU Heatsink
    • Double check all cables are tightly connected.
    • Admin Command Prompt->run: chkdsk /r C:
    • If system files are corrupted, will cause shutdown, Admin Command Prompt->run:
      Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth&sfc /scannow&pause
    • If RAM is bad, will cause shutdown, run memtest for at least 8 passes unless error occur first
      Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

topgundcp, Sep 11, 2015
  10. phill Win User
    I had the same problem on my two asus all i had to do was disable the fast start up in the power section, i thought the same cpu cmos had a problem originally but this action fixed it

phill, Sep 11, 2015
  11. eternalrz Win User
    So when all of the troubleshooting and testing and whatnot failed to indicate anything was wrong, it turned out that just reinstalling Windows 10, or in my case upgrade installing over it with Windows 10 again fixed the problem. Still gonna get a new motherboard and CPU though. They're old anyways.

eternalrz, Sep 15, 2015
  12. AgentFire Win User
    Okay folks, the solution is simple: just hit the RESET button on your PC just before it tends to shutdown. It should boot fnie after that.

AgentFire, Dec 12, 2016
  13. mise Win User

THANK YOU,,THANK YOU,,THANK YOU !!!!
    I plugged/unplugged every cable in my case for hours and i lost all of my hope....until i found your solution

Thema:

1. Computer Shutting Off at Windows Logo - Similar Threads - Computer Shutting Off

2. Computer screen shuts off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen shuts off.: Every single time I play Minecraft my computer screen will go dark after about 30 minutes of me playing and there's no way to get it back on again. I have to shut down my computer entirely and boot it back up and it comes back on completely fine most of the time. When playing...
  3. Computer screen shuts off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer screen shuts off.: Every single time I play Minecraft my computer screen will go dark after about 30 minutes of me playing and there's no way to get it back on again. I have to shut down my computer entirely and boot it back up and it comes back on completely fine most of the time. When playing...
  4. Computer screen shuts off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop Dell inspiron 15 5577 turns on to windows logo and then shuts off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Dell inspiron 15 5577 turns on to windows logo and then shuts off: Hey i have a problem with my Dell inspiron 15 5577.When i try to turn it on it shows windows logo for 1-5 seconds and then it immediately shuts off.I tried to reinstall windows but same thing when i choose to boot from usb it shows windows logo and just turns off, same with...
  6. Computer randomly shuts off.

Computer randomly shuts off.: Hi everyone. My pc randomly shuts off. To get some stuff out of the way: It's not an overheating issue. Thermal paste + 6 Arctis coolers There's no dust in the pc Windows and gpu drivers are up to date Nothing is overclocked There are no viruses in the pc, windows defender...
  7. computer shuts off

computer shuts off: I have an RCA yes I know RCA, tablet with windows 10.It will unexpectedly turn off then come back on several times a day.This is the first time having any problems. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-off/60becf87-c133-4fd8-b6e0-2df2d2c09e6c
  8. Computer shutting off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer shutting off.: Hello everyone, I need help!! i recently purchased a oculos rift s and ever since my computer is randomly turning off. i am conviced this is something to do with windows as my power management keeps going back and fowarth on high performance and balanced. I have removed my...
  9. Computer shuts off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer shuts off: My computer stays powered and is properly wired. When i use the mouse it stays on but anytime i hit a key on the keyboard to put in my password the computer powers itself off...
  10. Laptop loads to Windows 10 logo then blue screen and shuts off

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop loads to Windows 10 logo then blue screen and shuts off: Sorry but i have a new problem and its everytime i turn on my laptop it loads with the windows 10 logo then goes to a blue screen than i think it just shuts off or go to a black screen do you know a fix for this? 75319

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Computer Shutting Off at Windows Logo

2. pc shuts off at windows logo