Windows 10: Computer sleeps to quick

Discus and support Computer sleeps to quick in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I\The computer goes to sleep in 30 seconds and I can't change it and my screen saver won't work anymore, it gets show an error when I go to my control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Daviedav, May 2, 2016.

1. Daviedav Win User

Computer sleeps to quick

I\The computer goes to sleep in 30 seconds and I can't change it and my screen saver won't work anymore, it gets show an error when I go to my control panel. Don't like this windows 10, can anyone help?

:)

Daviedav, May 2, 2016
  2. ChrisSWZ Win User

WIndows 10 Sleeping after a few minutes

Hello. I have tried the steps as described above, and that has stopped the quick sleep, however, now the computer does not sleep at all. I have checked all settings and it should be sleeping after 20 minutes but it is not. The screen saver which used
    to be on is now set to "none" and the computer just stays on.

ChrisSWZ, May 2, 2016
  3. My time and date keep jumping to the future every time my computer wakes from sleep

Just a quick update...

I found a temporary solution.

I went into advanced power settings and turned off sleep mode and turned on hibernate instead. Instead of putting my computer to sleep, I let it go into hibernate on it's own and when I went back on it an hour later, the date did not change.

Hoping this sticks. And as long as I don't put my computer into sleep mode.

Kimmbsmuse, May 2, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Computer sleeps to quick

Are you sure it's sleep and not the monitor turning off?
    What do you have here?

Computer sleeps to quick [​IMG]

Temporarily you could download and install 'Don't Sleep' (freeware) - just search for it, install, run.
    Should stop sleep and let you use your PC.

Remember to disable it when trying to fix your problem.

1. Has your PC's sleep function ever worked properly with Win 10?
    2. Or has it recently started to sleep after 30s?

What settings do you have here?

Computer sleeps to quick [​IMG]

Launch event viewer (just type event in the Cortana search bar)
    Look for Event Id 42
    What does it tell you about what caused the PC to sleep?

dalchina, May 3, 2016
  5. Daviedav Win User
    I get a error message that a yellow triangle with iPhone in the heading and states that the unit has quit responding or disconnected. I do have a new iPhone, have I turned on something that reflects my computer maybe. I did down load some pictures two weeks ago.

Daviedav, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Computer sleeps to quick

1. Computer sleeps to quick - Similar Threads - Computer sleeps quick

2. Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings: I'm having trouble with my computer going to sleep too quickly. I currently have all the sleep settings set so the screen won't turn off or go to sleep for 2+ hours. Despite this, my computer screen goes to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity and seemingly disregards my...
  3. Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings: I'm having trouble with my computer going to sleep too quickly. I currently have all the sleep settings set so the screen won't turn off or go to sleep for 2+ hours. Despite this, my computer screen goes to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity and seemingly disregards my...
  4. Sleeping computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleeping computer: My friend needs to continually login with his pin, as his computer with Windows 10 falls asleep. I looked in the sleep feature and it's turned off! Guessing he did set his sleep feature after getting annoyed so often. Not good for his battery for sureHe has a laptop.How can...
  5. Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep: I have done EVERY SINGLE thing recommended on the web. I have asked in FB forums. No resolution.Starting about a week ago, for no apparent reason, my monitor will no longer go into sleep mode. Like I said, I have done every fix I can find or looked into them, as many I did...
  6. Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep: I have done EVERY SINGLE thing recommended on the web. I have asked in FB forums. No resolution.Starting about a week ago, for no apparent reason, my monitor will no longer go into sleep mode. Like I said, I have done every fix I can find or looked into them, as many I did...
  7. Windows 10 quick to go to sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 quick to go to sleep.: My desktop computer (Windows 10 Version 1803-build 17618-1000) constantly wants to go to sleep. If I leave it idle for a minute or two, it goes to sleep. I have tried any manner of fixes with no results. In my research, it is hinted that a recent update from Microsoft may be...
  8. PC sleeps too quickly.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC sleeps too quickly.: I am using WIN10, latest update. However this problem has existed from the beginning of installing WIN10. I will be working, and move away from my PC for maybe two minutes and the PC will be sleeping. I have changed the time to remain on all the way from 15 minutes to...
  9. Computer will no sleep

Computer will no sleep: When I go to put computer to sleep it won't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-will-no-sleep/793b4a31-63f5-4c30-afb7-100d24a0d015"
  10. Computer will not sleep.

Computer will not sleep.: Hi, I am having trouble getting my computer to sleep. Can someone please look at this for me? 6968