Windows 10: Computer Sleeps/Wakes fine manually, but won't wake from auto-sleep

Discus and support Computer Sleeps/Wakes fine manually, but won't wake from auto-sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, My motherboard is a P8Z77-V, with Gigabyte 7950 video card, if that matters. I did the windows 10 upgrade, and all seems well, except... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sheamus, Oct 9, 2015.

1. sheamus Win User

Computer Sleeps/Wakes fine manually, but won't wake from auto-sleep

Hello,

My motherboard is a P8Z77-V, with Gigabyte 7950 video card, if that matters.

I did the windows 10 upgrade, and all seems well, except waking from Standby.

If I go into start menu, and choose sleep, everything spins down, and the computer shuts itself off. I am assuming this 'sleep' is some sort of hibernate. Great, love it.

But when I leave the computer over night I come back and the monitors are off,but lights on tower on. I am assuming this is standby mode? Anyway, I can't wake the computer from it, using mouse or keyboard (both USB). Clicking power button on tower does nothing. I generally have to click the reset button on tower and do a full boot sequence. When I log in, I do not get a message about windows not shutting down properly (maybe that message is no more in 10?), but clearly it is a fresh desktop.

I reset all bios settings, and update to most recent bios. I have the latest graphics drivers.

This is driving me nuts! Suggestions or trouble shooting tips?

Here is some investigating I did, hopefully it helps:
    Code: D:\Users\Shea.Wilbur>powercfg /a The following sleep states are available on this system: Standby (S3) Hibernate Hybrid Sleep Fast Startup The following sleep states are not available on this system: Standby (S1) The system firmware does not support this standby state. Standby (S2) The system firmware does not support this standby state. Standby (S0 Low Power Idle) The system firmware does not support this standby state.[/quote] Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /sleepstudy S0 Low Power Idle is not supported on this machine. Cannot run tool.\[/quote] Anything else to try? BIOS settings to check?

:)

sheamus, Oct 9, 2015
  2. nutnate Win User

Schedule Windows 10 Update Time

Is there a way to set Windows 10 to not wake my computer from hibernation? Due to the nature of what I do with my computer, I have to leave it running for long periods of time without going to sleep, so I have disabled the auto sleep function, and when I
    stop using the computer to save power I put the computer to sleep or hibernate.

My issue is that when Windows Update determines that an update needs to be installed, it will wake my computer up from hibernate or sleep, and my computer won't go back to sleep until I get home, often 24 or more hours later. Can I schedule Windows Update
    to not wake my computer from hibernation, or wait to check until I wake it? I don't mind the updates, I just need my computer to stay in hibernation when I put it there.

nutnate, Oct 9, 2015
  3. wake from sleep

computer won't wake from sleep with mouse or keyboard

villager_791, Oct 9, 2015
Thema:

Computer Sleeps/Wakes fine manually, but won't wake from auto-sleep

1. Computer Sleeps/Wakes fine manually, but won't wake from auto-sleep - Similar Threads - Computer Sleeps Wakes

2. waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    waking from sleep.: I have just changed from Win 10 home 32 bit to the 64 bit version. The crap I had with it starting up, shutting down the doing full cold boot after waking from sleep with a long time to come up still exists. I do not believe I am the only person in the world with this...
  3. Waking the computer up from sleep

Waking the computer up from sleep: I have been having the issue as of late that whenever my computer would go into sleep mode by itself or if I would accidentally press the power button, thus initiating sleep mode, I can not get the screen to turn back on. In order for the screen to come back on, I would have...
  4. Windows 10 won't wake from sleep

Windows 10 won't wake from sleep: After computer falls asleep, won't wake up. Ignores mouse and keyboard. To re-enter I must press the power button to trigger a reboot, which loses any work which might have been in progress when we fell asleep....
  5. Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep: My kids laptop. Completely messed when it comes to sleeping. It will not go to sleep on its own despite having the power options set the same as all my others. Display doesn't even go off. So we manually put it to sleep. That worked for a while but now it wakes up on its own....
  6. PC Won't Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Wake From Sleep: Las two weeks, when I hit any key or mouse, PC will not wake from sleep shows black monitor but its green light is on. Have turn pc off and restart which starts without any problems. I 89834
  7. Computer won't wake up from sleep

Computer won't wake up from sleep: I hear the computer turn back on and the light is on, but the screen is still black. My mouse and keyboard are unresponsive (can't turn backlight on). I have to do a hard shut down. When it's back on, it's like it woke up from sleep mode, not a fresh restart. This just...
  8. Can't wake computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't wake computer from sleep: So this is my current problem: ever since I upgraded to an SSD and did a clean install of windows 10, I can't wake up my computer from sleep. On my old hard drive I did not have this problem. Whenever the screen times out, my mouse and keyboard are unresponsive and nothing I...
  9. Computer Wakes from Sleep/Hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Wakes from Sleep/Hibernation: Hello, My computer keeps waking when I put it to sleep and I can't determine the cause. How do I find out the reason it woke up, and how do I force it to ignore this event in future? I have a feeling it's one of my peripherals, but I can't be sure. Thank you! 45576
  10. will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    will not wake from sleep: I have a 4 yr old custom built desktop upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro about 8 months ago. Up until two weeks ago the sleep/wake up has worked perfect. Now the unit will not wake from sleep. I have tried everything I have seen and nothing has worked. It has to be booted...