Windows 10: Computer slow and potentially has viruses.

Discus and support Computer slow and potentially has viruses. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So this computer is very slow and It probably has viruses. Windows starts up and cmd.exe starts up. This computer should be running faster than it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Dimerz, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Dimerz Win User

Computer slow and potentially has viruses.

So this computer is very slow and It probably has viruses. Windows starts up and cmd.exe starts up. This computer should be running faster than it is right now. I have a 32bit computer windows 7 and it runs faster than this. Someone help.

:)

Dimerz, Nov 28, 2015

2. Check out the new Digia @web browser

its toooooooooooooo slow for now, but has a great a mount of potential if they keep at it.

radical24---01, Nov 28, 2015
  3. slow computer operating but no viruses detected

Slowness, freezing, booting, and performance issues as you describe are not uncommon. There are various reasons for this - i.e. disk fragmentation, disk errors, corrupt system files, too many

startup programs
    , unnecessary services running, not enough RAM, dirty hardware components, etc. As you use your system it becomes filled with more files/programs and has a natural tendency to slow down and behave oddly so
    cleaning and regular maintenance is essential. If you're not finding evidence of malware infection, the problem could be related to one of these areas.

One of the most common culprits is too many startup applications. Almost all applications you install want to startup when Windows loads. Many of these programs are not needed and disabling them can save resources and improve performance as
    they are available from the Start Menu > All Programs or an icon on the Desktop if needed. For information on how to identify and disable unnecessary startups and other suggestions, please refer to this guide:

quietman7 - MVP, Nov 28, 2015
  4. Computer slow and potentially has viruses.

I would Check out ADWCleaner and an online virus scanner like ESET or Trend Micro. It's possible that whatever has infected your computer is proxying your traffic back to their servers preventing you from downloading legitimate software like what I've linked above, if this is the case Download and install chrome or IE and follow these links there. Let me know how this works for you and I'd be happy to discuss next steps with you

heypaleblue, Nov 28, 2015
  5. Dimerz Win User
    I've used ADWCleaner before on my other computer and its fine. However, here it gets stuck on the web browsers, I can switch the tabs but its slow and the bar wont move for around 10-30 mins.

Computer slow and potentially has viruses. [​IMG]

Dimerz, Nov 28, 2015
  6. GAS
    Gas Win User
    google for this browser adware, you will find the way to remove it.

7. Dimerz Win User
    Searched for it and nothing came up.

Dimerz, Nov 28, 2015
  8. GAS
    Gas Win User

just typing "how to remove ask.com from my browser" i got plenty

9. Dimerz Win User
    Running Malwarebytes and CCleaner. See if it helps or finds anything... Malwarebytes been up for 30 mins and its found 24 detected threats so far.

64 were deleted and on CCleaner 3 GB's of data removed.

Dimerz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer slow and potentially has viruses. - Similar Threads - Computer slow potentially

2. Help with potential virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with potential virus: Hello i’ve been having problems with my windows laptop about having a issue of “preparing automatic repair” ive noticed that there’s been some files what has been downloaded onto the laptop so im thinking that its a virus? its not letting me do much and im wondering if i can...
  3. Help with potential virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with potential virus: Hello i’ve been having problems with my windows laptop about having a issue of “preparing automatic repair” ive noticed that there’s been some files what has been downloaded onto the laptop so im thinking that its a virus? its not letting me do much and im wondering if i can...
  4. Virus or Potentially unwanted software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus or Potentially unwanted software: I don't know what happened all the apps that i download on PC is not working, when I click on them they show up this message "Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software" so how can I get my apps back...
  5. Virus or Potentially unwanted software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus or Potentially unwanted software: I don't know what happened all the apps that i download on PC is not working, when I click on them they show up this message "Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software" so how can I get my apps back...
  6. Virus or Potentially unwanted software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Potential Virus?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Potential Virus?: Every time I start up my computer 3 tabs of PowerShell pop up on my screen despite me turning off the run upon startup option in my task manager. Another issue I've had is when I open up Google Chrome it pops up for a second, then closes and restarts every time. I have also...
  8. Can drivers be potential virus?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can drivers be potential virus?: I am suspicious of a software which adds a virtual audio device and an application to support. So I copied the driver files from a software and then I clean install windows 10, and add that driver from device manager "add a legacy driver" and things work as desired. The...
  9. Potential Virus on PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potential Virus on PC: Hello, I have made an AMD PC and used my storage from my old pc. There has been an application called, Intel Security Assist. I can not uninstall or remove it, and this application has been on my pc for years now. Is this Malware or an application that simply can not be...
  10. Is this a potential virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a potential virus?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iTechsTR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gx1sy3/is_this_a_potential_virus/