Windows 10: Computer slow down after Memory usage than 4 GB Ram while playing

Discus and support Computer slow down after Memory usage than 4 GB Ram while playing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I notice that Computer slow down when ram reach at 4 - 5 GB ram out of 8 GB. I got old geforce gtx 650 ti. I am not really intense gamer. However, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PressF5, Nov 5, 2017.

1. PressF5 Win User

Computer slow down after Memory usage than 4 GB Ram while playing

I notice that Computer slow down when ram reach at 4 - 5 GB ram out of 8 GB. I got old geforce gtx 650 ti. I am not really intense gamer. However, i can get more than 90 fps. i am not sure why is like that. Even as power user like me could n't figured out. Any help will be appreciable.

:)

PressF5, Nov 5, 2017
  2. SoLWiL Win User

Xbox DVR high ram usage

I've been playing Hearthstone and using the Xbox DVR to record in the background for those awesome moments. My main pc has no issues as it has 16 gb RAM, but I recently got a 4 gb RAM surface and started noticing some issues. RAM usage by Broadcast DVR server
    skyrockets from the normal 500ish MB to 1000+ from time to time. I was wondering if it was just a lack of memory and after some investigating, I think I've narrowed it down to this:

On my surface whenever I alt-tab out of my game while the DVR server is running, everything becomes sluggish. When checking the RAM usage in Task Manager, it turns out memory usage is 97%+ due to the issue from above. Eventually the DVR server closes itself
    (I suppose due to too much RAM usage).

So I tried it out on my laptop, RAM usage by the DVR server sits at 600ish MB. I have a dual monitor setup.
    Whenever my mouse hovers outside of my monitor that is being used to play my full screen game/ any activity outside the game display, RAM usage starts climbing.
    I saw it climb up to 4000+ MB! If I go back to the game or move the other window back to the main screen and use it on top of the full screen game, RAM eventually drops back down to 600ish MB.

My question is, why does this happen? And is there a fix so that I could do stuff on my second display without super high ram usage?

SoLWiL, Nov 5, 2017
  3. Antimalware Service Executable & Cortana Using Too much ram

My laptop has 64-Bit Operating System with 4 GB RAM. Most of the RAM is used by Antimalware Service Executable & Cortana which are 70 MB and 40 MB respectively. Usually RAM usage(Memory in Task Manager) is more than 40 % even if I am not using any software.
    My friend said that RAM usage must be below 20 %. How to reduce this usage?

#sorryforenglish

DhavalGajera, Nov 5, 2017
Thema:

Computer slow down after Memory usage than 4 GB Ram while playing

1. Computer slow down after Memory usage than 4 GB Ram while playing - Similar Threads - Computer slow down

2. High memory RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High memory RAM Usage: Hey there guys, there is high memory RAM usage when no apps/Programs are running on my PC... why ? And how to fix it ?...Please help... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-ram-usage/d677cec5-bf79-412a-8640-31242e8e3bbc
  3. Windows High Memory Usage Slowing Down PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows High Memory Usage Slowing Down PC: Recently my Windows PC has slowed down a lot, so much so that I can't run many games that I used to be able to. I tried to diagnose the issue and, although I'm not certain, I think it might be a problem with high memory usage. Right now the only major process I have running...
  4. Windows High Memory Usage Slowing Down PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows High Memory Usage Slowing Down PC: Recently my Windows PC has slowed down a lot, so much so that I can't run many games that I used to be able to. I tried to diagnose the issue and, although I'm not certain, I think it might be a problem with high memory usage. Right now the only major process I have running...
  5. too much memory usage slowing down laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too much memory usage slowing down laptop.: Dear hello everybody,I am using lenovo laptop model Ideapad s145 with ryzen 3 radeon graphic card and 4 gb of memory. and 1tb hdd. my hdd is almost empty upto 850 gbIt was working fine but after updating windows 11 its works as tortoise. Many times hanging and no speed.when i...
  6. too much memory usage slowing down laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    too much memory usage slowing down laptop.: Dear hello everybody,I am using lenovo laptop model Ideapad s145 with ryzen 3 radeon graphic card and 4 gb of memory. and 1tb hdd. my hdd is almost empty upto 850 gbIt was working fine but after updating windows 11 its works as tortoise. Many times hanging and no speed.when i...
  7. Is 4 GB of RAM Enough?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is 4 GB of RAM Enough?: Work is sending me a laptop since my personal one has been giving me issues. However, when looking at the specs, I noticed that the RAM is only 4 GB (i3 processor), and this has me pretty worried. Specifically, the model is a Dell Inspiron 14 5000 Series 2-in1 (5406). I am a...
  8. More than 6 GB of RAM of 16 GB missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    More than 6 GB of RAM of 16 GB missing: I have a fast W10 64bit 16GB RAM pc. Task Manager shows me around 900 MB used for Me as as user, no other user accounts on the pc, the list I can see also adds up to around that, "Everything" taking around 470 MB, Antimalware 140 MB, Windows Explorer 42 MB, etc., it quickly...
  9. Computer 28 gb of ram usage.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer 28 gb of ram usage.: This happen when I installed windows 10. I never had in windows 8.1 ram usage of 28. Now with windows 10 after booting up computer I always have problems with RAM. In windows 8.1 my computer maximum used 16gb of ram when I was playing 2 games. In windows 10 - after boot,...
  10. RAM Usage: "Driver Locked" is Hijacking 3 GB of my memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RAM Usage: "Driver Locked" is Hijacking 3 GB of my memory: After continued "Low Memory" errors causing programs to close, I ran a program called RamMap that told me 3.4 GB of my memory is being locked up by a Driver. I have 8GB of Ram and loads of hard drive space. Does anyone know how to unlock this memory? It's being hijacked and I...