Windows 10: Computer started to get more laggy

Discus and support Computer started to get more laggy in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, Does anyone know how to fix my problem? One year ago, the computer was installed with Windows 7 and was upgraded to Windows 10. About 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Hexagon12, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Hexagon12 Win User

Computer started to get more laggy

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to fix my problem?
    One year ago, the computer was installed with Windows 7 and was upgraded to Windows 10.
    About 3 months ago, the computer ran fine, and even the startup time was <10sec.
    2 weeks ago, I got a virus and quickly deleted it with Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner.
    I don't know why, but after that event, the computer quickly slowed down and right now, the startup time is 45 sec.

What happened and what is the reason?

Speccy Info:

Computer started to get more laggy [​IMG]

:)

Hexagon12, Feb 14, 2016

2. My Upgrade Is Stuck On "Unfortunately it's taking longer than usual"

So I restarted my computer and it got to the desktop but it is really laggy and I can't get to settings

BradleyHarker, Feb 14, 2016
  3. Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

I'm inclined to agree with you. One of the previous listed fixes worked for awhile but then I started getting the error message again.

I went to the Nvidea website and downloaded their latest driver and it seems to have fixed the error issue, but it also seems to have caused my graphics to be more 'laggy' now as well.

RickLewis00000000001, Feb 14, 2016
  4. Hexagon12 Win User

Sorry for the bump, but anyone? Can somebody help?

Hexagon12, Feb 14, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Are the usual "maintenance" methods carried out regularly ?
    Such as, Disk Cleanup, Disk Defrag, trim down the Startup list etc etc ?

davidhk, Feb 14, 2016
  6. Hexagon12 Win User
    For cleaning, I usually use CCleaner and yes, the disk is defragmented. I trimmed my startup list as soon as I installed Win10.

Hexagon12, Feb 14, 2016
  7. wyldman68 Win User
    You may still have parts of the virus left on your computer. Removing a virus does not always work, some hidden files may remain. You may need to do a clean install.

wyldman68, Feb 14, 2016
  8. Winuser Win User

What was the virus? You may have to do a clean install to make sure the virus is completely gone.

Winuser, Feb 14, 2016
  9. Hexagon12 Win User
    The virus was a trojan, MSIL exactly. It throwed me a lot of unwanted program installations etc.
    But anyways, I decided I will go with a clean install.
    Anyone who helped me, thanks. Problem solved.

Hexagon12, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer started to get more laggy - Similar Threads - Computer started more

2. Computer laggy with no visible explanation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer laggy with no visible explanation?: So I booted up my desktop today and it looked normal, but the start up was a little longer than usual. I then noticed that it took quite a bit of time to load up even the browser that I used. I opened the task manager to see what the issue was, and had to wait around 30...
  3. Computer laggy with no visible explanation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer laggy with no visible explanation?: So I booted up my desktop today and it looked normal, but the start up was a little longer than usual. I then noticed that it took quite a bit of time to load up even the browser that I used. I opened the task manager to see what the issue was, and had to wait around 30...
  4. Laggy and unresponsive Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laggy and unresponsive Start Menu: [ATTACH] Hey all. Over the past few days I've realized that my start menu isn't acting at all how it's suppose to be. Unresponsive Start Menu and flickering Taskbar I'm not sure what has caused this... I use TranslucentTaskbar but closing the program still yields the...
  5. Laggy computer but high fps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laggy computer but high fps: my cursor jumps around and videos look laggy when on anything, when i play games it says i run them at 100fps+ but they look laggy. only a couple games look okgtx 970, i7 4790, 16gb ram...
  6. Laggy computer but high fps

Laggy computer but high fps: my cursor jumps around and videos look laggy when on anything, when i play games it says i run them at 100fps+ but they look laggy. only a couple games look okgtx 970, i7 4790, 16gb ram...
  7. Computer suddenly slow and laggy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer suddenly slow and laggy: Since a few days ago my computer has had performance problems.When playing video games my fps keep fluctuating. When watching videos the quality is low and laggy.Again, this has only started a few days ago and I have not downloaded anything recently....
  8. Computer suddenly slow and laggy

Computer suddenly slow and laggy: Since a few days ago my computer has had performance problems.When playing video games my fps keep fluctuating. When watching videos the quality is low and laggy.Again, this has only started a few days ago and I have not downloaded anything recently....
  9. Task View gets more laggy the longer explorer is open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task View gets more laggy the longer explorer is open: As per title. I use multiple virtual desktops and I switch between them clicking the Task View button (yes I know about Ctrl+Win+Arrow I use that too). The longer explorer is running the more laggy opening up Task View becomes, until it gets unbearably slow. At which point...
  10. Applications laggy, black screens, and more

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications laggy, black screens, and more: I will try to make this short: I am having an issue with COD modern warfare. I play for like 2-5 minutes and then both my monitor screens go black. When the second monitor comes back up, the video on youtube or wherever is green restart the tab and it's fine. Sometimes I can...