Windows 10: Computer started to have issues following windows 10 update. Ran a test and found issues....

Discus and support Computer started to have issues following windows 10 update. Ran a test and found issues.... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer updated for an Adobe security update. After that update i started getting blue screens, stop code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and my everyday... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ReoRR, Aug 13, 2018.

1. ReoRR Win User

Computer started to have issues following windows 10 update. Ran a test and found issues....

My computer updated for an Adobe security update.

After that update i started getting blue screens, stop code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

and my everyday programs, like java, began running into issues with running code.

So i decided to use Memory Diagnostic Tool.

It came up with Hardware issues and Memory issues. It has told me to contact my computer manufacturer.
    This computer was built by me and my friend, so I can't contact my manufacturer.
    So I am unsure how to proceed.

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-MemoryDiagnostics-Results
    Date: 8/13/2018 6:22:50 PM
    Event ID: 1102
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords:
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: DESKTOP-PAGDPRO
    Description:
    The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected hardware errors. To identify and repair these problems, contact the computer manufacturer
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-MemoryDiagnostics-Results" Guid="{5F92BC59-248F-4111-86A9-E393E12C6139}" />
    <EventID>1102</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-08-13T23:22:50.932018600Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1754</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="6104" ThreadID="6108" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-PAGDPRO</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <UserData>
    <Results xmlns="http://manifests.microsoft.com/win/2005/08/windows/Reliability/Postboot/Events">
    <LaunchType>Manual</LaunchType>
    <CompletionType>Fail</CompletionType>
    <MemorySize>16311</MemorySize>
    <TestType>10</TestType>
    <TestDuration>1193</TestDuration>
    <TestCount>12</TestCount>
    <NumPagesTested>4137494</NumPagesTested>
    <NumPagesUnTested>1669</NumPagesUnTested>
    <NumBadPages>8</NumBadPages>
    <T1NumBadPages>8</T1NumBadPages>
    <T2NumBadPages>8</T2NumBadPages>
    <T3NumBadPages>8</T3NumBadPages>
    <T4NumBadPages>8</T4NumBadPages>
    <T5NumBadPages>8</T5NumBadPages>
    <T6NumBadPages>8</T6NumBadPages>
    <T7NumBadPages>8</T7NumBadPages>
    <T8NumBadPages>8</T8NumBadPages>
    <T9NumBadPages>8</T9NumBadPages>
    <T10NumBadPages>8</T10NumBadPages>
    <T11NumBadPages>8</T11NumBadPages>
    <T12NumBadPages>8</T12NumBadPages>
    <T13NumBadPages>0</T13NumBadPages>
    <T14NumBadPages>0</T14NumBadPages>
    <T15NumBadPages>0</T15NumBadPages>
    <T16NumBadPages>0</T16NumBadPages>
    </Results>
    </UserData>
    </Event>

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-MemoryDiagnostics-Results
    Date: 8/13/2018 6:22:50 PM
    Event ID: 1202
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords:
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: DESKTOP-PAGDPRO
    Description:
    The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected hardware errors. To identify and repair these problems, contact the computer manufacturer
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-MemoryDiagnostics-Results" Guid="{5F92BC59-248F-4111-86A9-E393E12C6139}" />
    <EventID>1202</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-08-13T23:22:50.932019300Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1755</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="6104" ThreadID="6108" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-PAGDPRO</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <UserData>
    <Results xmlns="http://manifests.microsoft.com/win/2005/08/windows/Reliability/Postboot/Events">
    <CompletionType>Fail</CompletionType>
    </Results>
    </UserData>
    </Event>

:)

ReoRR, Aug 13, 2018

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Kursah Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

I know you posted back in August and likely have it already, but this page is useful for those still looking to upgrade to 1607, you can choose to use the new ISO or use this page and download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history

Ya some folks have issues and corruption/failed update issues here. I personally haven't had any issues with 1607 on any of my personal rigs or family rigs, but have seen plenty of customer/client PC's. But depending on what your issues really are beyond vague slowness and OpenGL broken I'd start with running an administrative command line and run SFC /Scannnow and see if that resolves any OS corruptions.

Might not hurt to check and verify if the Windows Update cache is corrupted...I've been seeing this issue more on 7 than 10, but I've seen it on both.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058
    How To Purge the Windows Update Cache

Hopefully that will get you in the right direction to resolving issues.

I'd also recommend checking Event Log system logs to see if there's something causing major issues, also if your hard drive is busy, get into Resource Monitor and find out what's taking up those resources. Might not hurt to run a malware scan just in case something was on there and is kicked now and just happened to coincide with the Windows Updates you ran.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Computer started to have issues following windows 10 update. Ran a test and found issues....

Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Computer started to have issues following windows 10 update. Ran a test and found issues....

1. Computer started to have issues following windows 10 update. Ran a test and found issues.... - Similar Threads - Computer started issues

2. My computer is having issues starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is having issues starting: No matter what I do, my computer always loads into “your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. You can restart” I have tried everything on troubleshooting: using a restore point, trying to reset the pc, startup settings, uninstalling updates, starting in safe mode....
  3. My computer is having issues starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is having issues starting: No matter what I do, my computer always loads into “your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. You can restart” I have tried everything on troubleshooting: using a restore point, trying to reset the pc, startup settings, uninstalling updates, starting in safe mode....
  4. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe. Ran tests, not sure what the issue is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe. Ran tests, not sure what the issue is: Hi all, over the last week or so I've been unable to use my PC for more than a couple hours at a time without a BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and I'm unsure of what to do. I get a couple different BSODs, but most frequently I get "KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR". It typically happens...
  5. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe. Ran tests, not sure what the issue is

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe. Ran tests, not sure what the issue is: Hi all, over the last week or so I've been unable to use my PC for more than a couple hours at a time without a BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and I'm unsure of what to do. I get a couple different BSODs, but most frequently I get "KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR". It typically happens...
  6. have the following issues with windows defender in windows 8.1

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    have the following issues with windows defender in windows 8.1: Hello,I am having issues with windows defender find that sometimes it tells me that it can not update because there is no connection to the internet, but I am connected to the intenet, also sometimes find that it is slow to search and install updates.Any help would be...
  7. have the following issues with windows defender in windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    have the following issues with windows defender in windows 8.1: Hello,I am having issues with windows defender find that sometimes it tells me that it can not update because there is no connection to the internet, but I am connected to the intenet, also sometimes find that it is slow to search and install updates.Any help would be...
  8. Testing computer for hardware issues?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Testing computer for hardware issues?: I recently ran into an issue where I was unable to boot up Windows on my Dell desktop:- Upon booting, blue screen with white horizontal broken lines- System attempts to reboot- Black screen with windows symbol --> Preparing Automatic repair…...
  9. Several Issues following windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Several Issues following windows update: Right clicking on a program and clicking run as administrator does absolutely nothing, only way to run something as admin is to select it in the properties. Also when I right click a program in the taskbar to bring up the menu, clicking on any of the options do nothing. E.g...
  10. Issue with test not displaying on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with test not displaying on Windows 10.: I have a weird issue where some programs like task manager and WinRAR don't show text in them, meanwhile my browser and other programs work just fine. I tried to restart my computer, but it didn't help. [ATTACH] Can anyone help me with this?...