Windows 10: Computer suddenly begins periodically freezing, can no longer access sound, internet,...

Discus and support Computer suddenly begins periodically freezing, can no longer access sound, internet,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had just turned my my computer on after coming in for the day and as I was using it I noticed that my mouse would freeze in place for a second or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by arealglitterboy, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Computer suddenly begins periodically freezing, can no longer access sound, internet,...

I had just turned my my computer on after coming in for the day and as I was using it I noticed that my mouse would freeze in place for a second or three and then catch up. This would happen every five or so seconds, and then when I turned on a video I noticed that the loading bar was doing the same, and so then i moved my mouse and realised that it wasn't just my mouse but the whole system was freezing. Then I got an update for my graphics driver (AMD rx480), so I installed it, and then after my computer restarted, my volume was turned down and when I went to turn it up it ran a troubleshooter, and then i noticed my internet wasn't working and also i was getting a notification that my firewall was turned off. When I try to turn my firewall back on it says the settings have changed and when i try to restore them to default it gives me error code: 0x80070422.

I have an AMD CPU, a gigabyte motherboard, and windows 10 pro

:)

arealglitterboy, Jul 23, 2018

2. No sound on internet

Hi John,

For us to properly isolate the issue with the sound from your Internet, we would like to know the following:

• On your second profile which has an issue with the sound, which browser are you using?
    • Does it happen in all browsers?
    • What are you trying to access?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We suggest that you check and make sure that all your device drivers are updated, especially your audio driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Internet Explorer and computer freezes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your efforts towards resolving it. It must be difficult when things do not work as expected.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Did you install any third party security application?
    • Is the issue specific when accessing a specific websites?
    • Did you install any add-ons?
    • Did you receive any error message when the computer freeze?
    This issue could be due to application conflicts, corruption in the settings or due to malware attacks.

I would like to inform you that the tabs getting blank might be only a symptom that the computer is going to freeze. The real issue may not be associated with Internet Explorer.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run
    System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
      • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
      • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
      • Select System Maintenance.
    Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run a full scan of your computer using Microsoft Security Scanner and check if it helps.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Computer suddenly begins periodically freezing, can no longer access sound, internet,...

Internet Access Suddenly Gone

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Do you use Wired or Wireless connection?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Network Troubleshooter and check, if this helps.

• In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooter’, and then click ‘Troubleshooting’.
    • Under ‘Network and Internet’, click ‘Internet Connections
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    Step 2: Update Network Adapter.

• Right click on Start button, type Device Manager and Enter.
    • Now click on your Network Adapter.
    • Right click and click on Properties, and go to Driver tab and click on
      Update driver.
    Also, refer: Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...2&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: Applies to windows 10 as well.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Computer suddenly begins periodically freezing, can no longer access sound, internet,...

1. Computer suddenly begins periodically freezing, can no longer access sound, internet,... - Similar Threads - Computer suddenly begins

2. My Windows7 Computer Can no longer connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows7 Computer Can no longer connect to the internet: Hello:My windows7 computer can no longer connect to the internet. This problem started after I upgraded and later down graded the computer from windows10 back to windows7. I downgraded from windows10 back to 7, because the system requirements for windows 10 are not available...
  3. sound is not begin play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound is not begin play: In the last appeal I could not delete the file voxaldriverx64.sys which is on the way C:\Windows\System32\driverI deleted it via safe mode. But now the sound does not work for me not on the speaker built into the laptop, nor in the earphone. Help please...
  4. sound is not begin play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound is not begin play: In the last appeal I could not delete the file voxaldriverx64.sys which is on the way C:\Windows\System32\driverI deleted it via safe mode. But now the sound does not work for me not on the speaker built into the laptop, nor in the earphone. Help please...
  5. sound is not begin play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Computer freezing periodically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezing periodically: System Info:Windows 10 Education 64-bit latest updatesCPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800XRAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB 2x8GB DDR4-320GPU: MSI RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X 8G OCMotherBoard: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWKPower Supply: Corsair RM850 850W 80+ Gold Modular PSUStorage: Samsung SSD 860 M.2 2TBMonitors:...
  7. Computer completely freezes only at the beginning of the day

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer completely freezes only at the beginning of the day: This is a very odd problem so I'll try my best to describe it well. The first time I start my PC in a day has 50% chances of freezing up on me. This includes: Keyboard not responding (lights like caps lock toggle don't change) The cursor may or may not be movable. If...
  8. Windows 10 suddenly saying "No Internet Access" although I can access the internet...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 suddenly saying "No Internet Access" although I can access the internet...: I have not had any trouble with this in the past with this computer in the three years I've had it, nor have I changed anything at all recently, hardware or otherwise. There were no updates, program installs, uninstalls, reboots, settings changes, etc. before this issue began...
  9. Screen freezes and begins to brighten, sound continues

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen freezes and begins to brighten, sound continues: so i just signed up to ask for help with this problem as i couldn't find anyone having the same issue. --- the problem?: the screen occasionally freezes (all movement on it stops but sound continues like there's no freeze), after freezing the screen starts getting brighter...
  10. Latest update done, and can no longer access internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest update done, and can no longer access internet: I've been having nothing but bad experiences with Windows updates lately.... About a month ago, I did an update and it completely replaced my OS with a new version causing my default settings to change, eliminating some of my programs and causing many problems for me to...