Windows 10: Computer takes a few minutes to enter manual sleep

Discus and support Computer takes a few minutes to enter manual sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Okay so a few weeks ago I had this issues where it would take the computer too long to go into sleep, so I had restarted it to see if it would fix it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Redbatman, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Redbatman Win User

Computer takes a few minutes to enter manual sleep

Okay so a few weeks ago I had this issues where it would take the computer too long to go into sleep, so I had restarted it to see if it would fix it but it didn't, any ideas?

Could it be Hard Disk Sentinel?

:)

Redbatman, Apr 22, 2017

2. Computer goes into Sleep Mode after a few minutes of non-use

Hi Rimmer,

In order to troubleshoot the issue, I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists.

Step 1:

To diagnose whether this issue occurs in “Safe Mode”, let’s reboot the computer in safe mode with networking and check if the issue appears there as well.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. This helps us in identifying whether the issue is due to some third
    party programs conflict. The word Safe mode appear in the concern of your monitor to identify which windows mode you are using.

Follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Unplug external devices connected to the computer expect
      keyboard and mouse.

• From login screen, press
      Shift key
      and click on the Power button and click
      restart to enter Advanced Boot Options.

• In this page select troubleshoot
      option.

• And click on Advance option.

• Select Startup setting from advance option.

• Here you will find Restart button, just click on it.

• In new windows press F5 to login with safe mode with networking.
    If the issue does not exist, try to clean boot the system.

Step 2: Perform Clean Boot.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. Check this issue in clean boot state.

• Press Windows key + X key. And select
      Run.
    • Type msconfig in the Run box and hit Enter.
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the
      Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click
      Disable all.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click
      Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click
      Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click
      OK, and then restart the computer.
    Note:
    After clean boot troubleshooting step, follow the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

For more information refer the below link.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 22, 2017
  3. RimmerNB Win User
    Computer goes into Sleep Mode after a few minutes of non-use

I have not made any changes to the hardware.

Method 1, worked OK until the latest October cumulative update arrived. That is, the computer goes into Sleep Mode after a few minutes of non-use. I have tried changing the Power Options (Method 1, if the issue persist ...) but cannot find any option that
    sets the hard disk to Never.

RimmerNB, Apr 22, 2017
  4. Redbatman Win User

Managed to fix it yesterday I uninstalled Hard Disk Sentinel and disabled hybrid sleep as well as wake up timers.

For now my computer goes to sleep almost instantly about 2-3 secs. Don't think I'll ever use Hard Disk Sentinel.

Redbatman, Apr 24, 2017
Thema:

1. Computer takes a few minutes to enter manual sleep - Similar Threads - Computer takes few

2. Computer Crashing a few minutes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Crashing a few minutes after startup: Hey guys,Yesterday I began having a problem with my computer, a Dell Precision T7500 N-Series Tower Workstation from 2012 running windows 10. It currently crashes a few maybe 2 or 3 minutes after startup, but curiously only after signing in or running an onboard diagnostic...
  3. Computer Crashing a few minutes after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Crashing a few minutes after startup: Hey guys,Yesterday I began having a problem with my computer, a Dell Precision T7500 N-Series Tower Workstation from 2012 running windows 10. It currently crashes a few maybe 2 or 3 minutes after startup, but curiously only after signing in or running an onboard diagnostic...
  4. Laptop takes a long time to enter Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop takes a long time to enter Sleep: Yesterday I noticed that it's taking the laptop a rather long time to "go to sleep" whem I close the lid. Usually it'd only take 1 minute tops, even with a lot of programs running, but this time it took maybe 4-5 minutes? I thought it might be because I had been using the...
  5. Laptop takes a long time to enter Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop takes a long time to enter Sleep: Yesterday I noticed that it's taking the laptop a rather long time to "go to sleep" whem I close the lid. Usually it'd only take 1 minute tops, even with a lot of programs running, but this time it took maybe 4-5 minutes? I thought it might be because I had been using the...
  6. PC crashes few minutes after going to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashes few minutes after going to sleep: Recently rebuilt my PC with new CPU/mobo/ram/storage and a fresh install of W10. Everything seems fine except after the system sleeps it also shutdown/crashes within a few minutes. event viewer shows:"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e...
  7. Windows 10 takes a few minutes to load

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes a few minutes to load: Hello everyone, Sometime last year (I think after a Windows 10 update), my boot time for my PC became very slow. My OS is running on a SSD and in the past only took about 15-20 seconds to start up but now it takes forever. When I get to the black windows screen the spinning...
  8. boot takes few minutes each time with new SSD + strong computer.

boot takes few minutes each time with new SSD + strong computer.: So I had this problem for a while now, boot takes very long time. I thought it was my SSD starting to die out, So I bought a new one, NVME this time Samsung 970 EVO Plus, I cloned my old ssd to the new one, and now using the new one instead for operation system, and still...
  9. Laptop randomly going to sleep every few minutes

Laptop randomly going to sleep every few minutes: I installed a new SSD into my Dell Insperon 13-7352, now the computer will randomly go to sleep every when it is being used. I've done some searching online and I thin the problem is similar to this one:...
  10. Bsod after few minutes of sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod after few minutes of sleep: Hello people my pc goes off when i want to sleep it first the monitor turn off but other hardware working till few minutes. it worked fine till last two days this is my first topic about this problem Windows 10 is not going to sleep anymore please if anyone help read...