Windows 10: COmPUTER thinks my "shift" Key IS HelD DOWN AT random.

Discus and support COmPUTER thinks my "shift" Key IS HelD DOWN AT random. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; SO THE MOST RECeNT UPDATE HAS MADe A PROBLem where mY shIft kEY I cannot TELL wHich ONe LEFT OR Right BUT IT is causIng me TO tyPe TexT lIKe tHIs. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brendan Chu, Jul 6, 2018.

1. COmPUTER thinks my "shift" Key IS HelD DOWN AT random.

SO THE MOST RECeNT UPDATE HAS MADe A PROBLem where mY shIft kEY I cannot TELL wHich ONe LEFT OR Right BUT IT is causIng me TO tyPe TexT lIKe tHIs. i am not EVen toUChING THe shift KEY WHiLe WRIting this. IT SEEMS TO OCcUR randomlY makinG it HARd to Type passWArds Having me usiNG THE eye icon to cheCk Everytime I typE IN ONE CHARaCHTEr To make SURE iTs In iTS CORRect casiNG. I A am Pretty sURE ITs not my HArdWAre> because thERE are OTHERS alSo SEEMing tO havE the SAmE PROBLEm. this has TO be FIxED asaP or i WILL nEVER Be abLE TO USE THIS coMPUter PRoPERLy EVEr aGAIN.

AND YEs I tRiED DOING TROUBLeshooting REINSTALLiNg DrIVERS restartING MY coMPUTER but To nO AVEIL. so DONt WASTE your time suggestINg THese>

:)

Brendan Chu, Jul 6, 2018
  2. JJJJJohn Win User

Control key held down

Hi Azaruddin,

I again tagged a few items for batch processing, ie. held the Shift Key + Control Key to select a number of items, then I got the message Control Key appears to be held down and then it selected items at random, but I could not remove the selection. To be
    honest, I did not make a note of the error message thinking that I would try again and use the Snipping Tool to capture the message. Typical Windows 10, I cannot now repeat the problem but cannot believe that it has gone away. In reply to your question as
    to whether it only occurs while using the Microsoft Office Suite; mostly, but not always. Sometimes it has done when I have been in the pictures folder and wishing to move items to another folder. Bewildered !!

John

JJJJJohn, Jul 6, 2018
  3. LTUGamer Win User
    Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Jul 6, 2018
  4. KatJB Win User

COmPUTER thinks my "shift" Key IS HelD DOWN AT random.

shift keys not working

I upgraded to windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop and then did the windows update and when I tried to do anything with the shift key neither one works. I read all the suggestions I could find in here and tried most of them with no luck. I ran the hardware
    and device troubleshooter, I went to the keyboard on control panel and it says it's working properly. I tried shift/control/alt keys all together. I downloaded and scanned with anti malware and I did the fn and del keys with no results. I would like an easy
    fix for this as I believe it is a windows 10 and or update for windows 10 issue. I am not real savvy on the computer so I need step by step instructions, please and thank you.

KatJB, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

COmPUTER thinks my "shift" Key IS HelD DOWN AT random.

1. COmPUTER thinks my "shift" Key IS HelD DOWN AT random. - Similar Threads - COmPUTER thinks shift

2. My Windows Laptop thinks right arrow key is held down sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Windows Laptop thinks right arrow key is held down sometimes: Hi! As you read, my PC has been having that weird problem. I have no idea how it happened, but it started doing it about a week ago. It's very annoying, and makes it hard to do normal things like typing. My only solution is press the right arrow key when it happens, which...
  3. My Windows Laptop thinks right arrow key is held down sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows Laptop thinks right arrow key is held down sometimes: Hi! As you read, my PC has been having that weird problem. I have no idea how it happened, but it started doing it about a week ago. It's very annoying, and makes it hard to do normal things like typing. My only solution is press the right arrow key when it happens, which...
  4. Windows 10 thinks that keys TAB is being held down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 thinks that keys TAB is being held down: On certain MS applications such as mail or settings, I have an issue that is kind of hard to explain. Some examples are not being able to press the sleep button from the windows menu - it flashes grey as if it is being selected repeatedly by pressing the tab key. Another...
  5. Windows 10 thinks that keys TAB is being held down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 thinks that keys TAB is being held down: On certain MS applications such as mail or settings, I have an issue that is kind of hard to explain. Some examples are not being able to press the sleep button from the windows menu - it flashes grey as if it is being selected repeatedly by pressing the tab key. Another...
  6. Windows 10 thinks that keys TAB is being held down

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. My pc thinks the windows key is being held down even though it’s not

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My pc thinks the windows key is being held down even though it’s not: So i was playing gta v and before long while i started playing since i have wasd as my keybinds when im pressing w it closes gta and brings up whiteboard, i tested this by pressing r and s, which opened run and search respectively, this is not a problem i’ve only seen with my...
  8. Windows 10 thinks a key is being held down, even with the keyboard held down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 thinks a key is being held down, even with the keyboard held down: Windows (1903) now thinks that a key is being held down, even when there's no keyboard connected. At first it was the "k" key, and now the "s" key. This has rendered this PC pretty much unusable, and reformatting isn't an option as this is my gaming PC with a crap ton of...
  9. Computer thinks that the last key pressed is being held down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer thinks that the last key pressed is being held down: Hi there, I'm having an issue where every now and then when I press a key, if it is not interrupted with another key press the last key will continue on a though pressed. For instance, ending this sentence with a period and having this occur would look like...
  10. Computer thinks shift key is pressed?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer thinks shift key is pressed?: Recently, while using my computer, it acts as though the shift key is pressed down. (Making my computer near impossible to use) The only way to get it to stop is to reset my computer, but it normally comes back within a few minutes/hours. All sites i have looked at have said...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer thinks the is being pressed

2. windows 10 its like having shift pressed all the time

3. mac thinks key is held down

4. MY COMPUTER THINKS THE SHIFT KEY IS ON,
  5. shift key acting like they are being held down windows 10,
  6. windows thinks shift key is held down,
  7. computer thinks shift key,
  8. shift is held down,
  9. windows thinks key is held down,
  10. computer thinks key is held down,
  11. computer random shift,