Windows 10: Computer unusable because of BSOD

Discus and support Computer unusable because of BSOD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i have been having BSOD issues for about a month or so, i cant even count how many clean installations and fixes i tried. this was my original post... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vykis, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Vykis Win User

Computer unusable because of BSOD

So i have been having BSOD issues for about a month or so, i cant even count how many clean installations and fixes i tried. this was my original post
    Windows freezes that require hard reset - Windows 10 Forums
    In the end i thought maybe it is windows 10 fault so i just installed fresh 8.1 but again BSOD started after a while.

So far what i gathered:
    If i just use windows for browsing and not intense apps i encounter no BSOD
    When i launch graphically intense games they always crash during loading or after ruining for a short of time causing BSOD which i will show at the end of post.
    I cant seem to update my Direct x runtime driver, when i do it says its updated but nothing happens, for example when i launch steam game and it installs it next time i launch that game it will install DX again.
    I tried using older drivers but the result was the same so it is not a driver issue or at least not the one solved by it.
    I get watchdog violation BSOD that is always caused by hal.dll i tried multiple fixes from forums but none have worked.
    the other BSOD i get is when launching games and it is system thread exception not handled , now it will happen after any game that i launch.
    I have all updates + additional ones.
    when i did last updates for my 8.1 i got that driver BSOD

Computer unusable because of BSOD [​IMG]

I start to think that it is probably my hardware,but if you have any other ideas please share.
    p.s. i still have warranty.

:)

Vykis, Nov 6, 2016

2. Computer unusable because I can't change locale

Okay, I figured out my problem, sort of.

If I downloaded a japanese language pack, windows instantly enables it, without asking.

To avoid this, I have to go Control Panel -> Clock, Language, and Region -> Language -> Advanced settings

And from there I have to set BOTH OVERRIDES to the languages I WANT TO DISPLAY, _BEFORE_ downloading the japanese language pack. Otherwise, it uses a "language list order" (what the heck is that?!) and instantly changes the language to japanese everywhere
    without asking.

So, if you want to keep language packs but also keep your display language english, you have to have override on. Surprise surprise automatic "ease of use" functions were the flaw again.

Thanks for all the help, I'll tag the first reply as the solution cause it helped me solve this.

Coolpolarbear, Nov 6, 2016
  3. Computer unusable because I can't change locale

Open Start, type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, enter the following command then hit Enter

Lpksetup /u

Follow the on screen instructions uninstall the language pack.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 6, 2016
Thema:

Computer unusable because of BSOD

1. Computer unusable because of BSOD - Similar Threads - Computer unusable BSOD

2. Can’t run my computer because of BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t run my computer because of BSOD loop: My computer keeps appearing kmode exception not handled BSODWhen i try to fix it or reset my computer..etcMy computer will appear driver verifier dma violation What can I do ?My computer were acer nitro 5 AN-515...
  3. Can’t run my computer because of BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t run my computer because of BSOD loop: My computer keeps appearing kmode exception not handled BSODWhen i try to fix it or reset my computer..etcMy computer will appear driver verifier dma violation What can I do ?My computer were acer nitro 5 AN-515...
  4. Computer Wi-Fi is unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Wi-Fi is unusable: When I'm connected to Wi-Fi on my computer, it's constantly being slowed to a CRAWLIn addition, every 10 minutes or so, the Wi-Fi disconnects out of nowhere, and attempting to reconnect gives the message "Can't connect to this network", and the only way to reconnect is to...
  5. Computer Wi-Fi is unusable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer Wi-Fi is unusable: When I'm connected to Wi-Fi on my computer, it's constantly being slowed to a CRAWLIn addition, every 10 minutes or so, the Wi-Fi disconnects out of nowhere, and attempting to reconnect gives the message "Can't connect to this network", and the only way to reconnect is to...
  6. Computer Wi-Fi is unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Unused computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unused computer: My computer has not been used for a while and I need to know what type of updates are needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unused-computer/cec10aca-21d7-4248-a08b-5f5ff62ed5c5
  8. completely unusable computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    completely unusable computer: I boot, this is what I get and it stays like this forever, I have made a 16 minute video of this as well This is what considered the fastest OS yet? How? Look at the list, all useless windows services that I have no use for and it just hogs up all my resources thus making...
  9. PC unusable due to BSOD crashes

PC unusable due to BSOD crashes: Yesterday my PC suddenly had a BSOD crash, I didn't note down all of the message but it was a KERNEL error. This first BSOD happened while I was playing a game on Steam. I have just read that the Windows May 2019 update is being released anyway despite them knowing it has...
  10. My Computer is Unusable. PLEASE HELP!!

My Computer is Unusable. PLEASE HELP!!: NOTE: as I was writing this post ANOTHER BSOD happened *Sad Hi All, I need help. My computer is basically useless now with BSOD every 5-15min constantly. And this all started after I did the dreadful Anniversary Update. In the mist of all the problems I got...