Windows 10: Computer Unusable Video Card? [Urgent]

Discus and support Computer Unusable Video Card? [Urgent] in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; See screenshot My computer started doing this randomly while giving me graphic card failure alerts (Nvidia GeForce GTX 590). Now when i start my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by billybag, Mar 22, 2016.

1. billybag Win User

Computer Unusable Video Card? [Urgent]

See screenshot

My computer started doing this randomly while giving me graphic card failure alerts (Nvidia GeForce GTX 590). Now when i start my computer, it looks like this (the lines) starting up and it just keeps restarting until i get a troubleshoot screen or until i get to the login screen, but by the time that happens, my monitor goes into hibernation mode forever.

My computer is an Alienware Aurora R3, i got it about 5 years ago.
    It is running windows 10 and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 590 graphics card. I am trying to confirm it and having trouble doing so without being able to use the thing.

I would like some confirmation that it is the video card, because then i will just replace it. If it is something more... then i don't know. Unfortunately i have a school project on there that i didn't get to backup before this happened... due sunday... and i will be gone until saturday.

thanks in advance guys.

EDIT: this could be unrelated, but about a week ago, i had an external harddrive fail. I also had a problem of my PC rapidly running out of space on its C Drive (400+GB free space to 0bytes) until i just restarted a few days ago.

EDIT 2: just left that troubleshooting screen. told it to exit and start windows normally. It restarted normally, without the lines. It is just a matter of time before it does it again though. im going to confirm my graphics card in a minute

EDIT 3: Corrected graphics card. It is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 590

screenshot: Dropbox - 2016-03-23 13.03.47.jpg

:)

billybag, Mar 22, 2016

2. KB3194798 installs fine but computer becomes unusable

I have the exact same problem.

Uninstalling the update (1/2 day due to freeze time) plus uninstalling the graphics driver solved the problem.

Total time Lost over an jour.

Exactly like KB3194496. 6 hours lost to find the solution.

Please MS solve your cumulative update major problems.

Very urgent.

Contact me for any info/action needed.

Didier

DidierMithouard, Mar 22, 2016
  3. comvirus Win User
    720p hd stutter on Omnia 7

the video footage in 720p
    HD stutter, you can fix
    the problem urgent?

comvirus, Mar 22, 2016
  4. Carsomyr Win User

Well for one I don't see a screenshot and then secondly I have never heard of a C drive running out of space until a reboot. Elaborate on that?

Carsomyr, Mar 23, 2016
  5. billybag Win User
    Sorry. i told it to upload a photo and it didnt i guess. i will edit the original post with an IMGUR link. My computer had been working fine since the last edit until i tried to update the driver... then it went all icky again. This leads me to believe it is a graphics card issue, but i am more hopeful that it isnt a hardware issue and rather a driver problem

As far as the C drive incident: i was woking on a photoshop project for school for hours when i noticed my computer running sluggish so i was going to save and investigate, but i got lost in my work for another hour. When i decided i should save my work and look to see whats up, i was unable to save because i had 0bytes left on my C Drive. i used CCleaner and got about 4GB left and saved my work, but then i watched as the space slowly declined back to 0 again. After trying everything that i knew, i just restarted and it all went back to normal.

Now i am thinking maybe it were error logs for my nvidia driver or something related to that.

billybag, Mar 23, 2016
  6. billybag Win User
    Tried a manual install of the newest driver and it seemed to be successful. i did get weird lines and such as well as 2 or 3 alerts of the display being unresponsive.and
    it t
    turns out, after reading, that this is a common problem with the recent updates. Unfortunately im having trouble getting my windows to start up again, but when i do i will try and rollback

billybag, Mar 23, 2016
  7. billybag Win User
    So the problem still isn't fixed.Is my GPU fried? What do i do here? Damn i am so screwed! Does anyone have any more ideas or can we say that i just need a new video card?

billybag, Mar 26, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

There's also a chance of bad video cable to monitor.

CountMike, Mar 26, 2016
  9. -Well, I hate to say it, but those are very similar to the screen errors I got when my GTX 650Ti went belly-up.
    -even visible in the bios screens.
    Sorry

DaveGrant01, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer Unusable Video Card? [Urgent] - Similar Threads - Computer Unusable Video

2. Unusable SD card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unusable SD card: I tried to install Chrome OS on an old PC and used a 32gb SD card, now the card is useless, how can I make it usable in Windows again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unusable-sd-card/3418a3b6-ecca-4521-ae8c-dddab8b70ed8
  3. Unusable SD card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unusable SD card: I tried to install Chrome OS on an old PC and used a 32gb SD card, now the card is useless, how can I make it usable in Windows again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unusable-sd-card/3418a3b6-ecca-4521-ae8c-dddab8b70ed8
  4. Unusable SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. URGENT!!! UNUSABLE WINDOWS 10!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    URGENT!!! UNUSABLE WINDOWS 10!: Hi microsoft, This is very urgent. When I log on to Windows 10 Insider build Dev Channel, My computer fails to boot properly, I face a black screen and various reboots do nothing. ALl keyboard shortcuts refuse to work except Ctrl+Alt+Del. The login screen loads correctly,...
  6. Video card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video card: How can I determine whether my video card supports hardware encoding of H.264 codec? I am using Cyberlink PowerDirector software version 10 to convert a VHS C tape into an .mp4 file and I have hit a stumbling block. Thanks...
  7. Video Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Card: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad L340, is my card Open CL Compatible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card/fb51a277-b614-4e1a-87d5-f2142897f7f7
  8. Unused computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unused computer: My computer has not been used for a while and I need to know what type of updates are needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unused-computer/cec10aca-21d7-4248-a08b-5f5ff62ed5c5
  9. video card

video card: how do I fix or change my 'video card'? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card/4eb6c88b-59d8-4703-96de-2f86e6fe5943
  10. video card

video card: Hello everyone I need help. some friends and I have a problem with our pc and it is that they do not use the whole video card and some simple programs run with difficulty. I have a netbook Processor intel celeron 847 and it has 967mb of total graphic memory but memory...