Windows 10: Computer visible to one user but not another

Discus and support Computer visible to one user but not another in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 computers on my home network, two are Windows 10 desktops, one is Windows 7 laptop. I'll call them 10-1, 10-2, and 7. 10-1 can see 10-2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PoulsboMike, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Computer visible to one user but not another

I have 3 computers on my home network, two are Windows 10 desktops, one is Windows 7 laptop. I'll call them 10-1, 10-2, and 7.

10-1 can see 10-2 and 7.

7 can see 10-1 and 10-2.

10-2 can see 7 but CANNOT see 10-1. What can cause this problem?

All are Ethernet connected to the same router.

New observation: As an experiment I turned off discovery and restarted 10-1. It is still visible to the Windows 7 laptop and sharing is the same. It seems like the settings in the network and sharing center have no relationship with what is really going on.

:)

PoulsboMike, Feb 27, 2016

2. Same user block from one computer but not another

Deleting the corrupted files worked. Thank you!

CarlJamesIN, Feb 27, 2016
  3. Same user block from one computer but not another

I had blocked my daughter's MS account from logging in for a week to any computer. I lifted the restrictions yesterday and she could login to a Windows 10 desktop just fine. She wanted to get on to the laptop and is still blocked. I am typing this on that
    laptop from my own MS account so I know the networking works. I also confirmed the family settings on the Microsoft Family website. I ran the latest updates, restarted several times, but each time she tries to login she gets a message that her screen time
    is up.

What else can I try?

CarlJamesIN, Feb 27, 2016
  4. Computer visible to one user but not another

I tried today and all 3 computers see all other computers. KB3139907 installed on 3/2 and KB3139907 on 3/3. Maybe one of these fixed it?

PoulsboMike, Mar 3, 2016
Thema:

Computer visible to one user but not another

1. Computer visible to one user but not another - Similar Threads - Computer visible user

2. "Local Users And Groups" in Computer management not visible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Local Users And Groups" in Computer management not visible.: I saw many "Hacked Backdoor Accounts" on YouTube. Just for my curiosity, I followed their instructions. However now I am concerned as the "Computer Managment" app does not show the "Local Users And Groups" option in the list.I also tried netplwiz Advance User Management but...
  3. Is there a way to merge the files/permissions from one user on a computer to another user...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to merge the files/permissions from one user on a computer to another user...: I have been trying to figure this out for most of the morning.I am in a company IT department and one user inherited both the job/computer of the last person who did her job.On the computer there are two accounts , the one from the user who is gone but current user still...
  4. Is there a way to merge the files/permissions from one user on a computer to another user...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to merge the files/permissions from one user on a computer to another user...: I have been trying to figure this out for most of the morning.I am in a company IT department and one user inherited both the job/computer of the last person who did her job.On the computer there are two accounts , the one from the user who is gone but current user still...
  5. Is there a way to merge the files/permissions from one user on a computer to another user...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. I need to transfer user files from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    I need to transfer user files from one computer to another: My elderly friend has an old HP, and bought a new HP computer (Boxed) kit with Win 10 built in. I, as the local computer wizard am tasked with moving her data from the old to the new. (She lives 35 miles of traffic away.) There is a back up drive attached to the old one, but...
  7. some apps not visible in another family user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some apps not visible in another family user account: I installed Microsoft teams using my main user account. However it is visible to me only. I don't want all the users to install the same program individually and occupy space. How can I make teams installed once in this PC be visible to all users in this PC?...
  8. another user on my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    another user on my computer: so a month ago I got my computer back from my dad's friend with just windows installed and it has his name as a user and public but not my name and I am logged in under myself and I think this is making crome give me how to Error code: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION and not letting...
  9. Program crashes on one user but not another.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program crashes on one user but not another.: Hello. I am making this post in a desperate manor. I have a client here using Act! as a program. I sat on their support for 4 hours on 2 separate occasions with no solution to be found. Every time I try to launch and use program, it crashes on me. But, if I use a different...
  10. New Computer not visible to another existing computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Computer not visible to another existing computer: I have a windows 10 desktop and a windows 7 desktop. They can see each other. I recently added another windows 10 desktop, and made it visible to the network. The windows 7 desktop can seethe new desktop, but the old windows 10 desktop cannot see it. All computers are...