Windows 10: Computer waking from sleep after update

Discus and support Computer waking from sleep after update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, A while back I had an issue where my computer would randomly turn on after being put to sleep/hibernate. I got incredibly frustrated because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Danni111111, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Computer waking from sleep after update

Hi,

A while back I had an issue where my computer would randomly turn on after being put to sleep/hibernate. I got incredibly frustrated because I would end up waking up in the middle of the night to find out it had turned itself on, or when I got back from work.

At some point I finally found a fix (which I have forgotten) and no longer had the issue... until now. I recently installed a windows update which seems to have reintroduced the problem. Here is what I get:

Code: C:\Users\Daniel>powercfg -lastwakeWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_1B21&DEV_1142&SUBSYS_85BF1043&REV_00\4&373d9d05&0&00E4 Friendly Name: Description: ASMedia USB3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Manufacturer: ASMedia Technology Inc[/quote] Code: C:\Users\Daniel>powercfg -devicequery wake_armedRazer BlackWidow Ultimate (001)HID Keyboard Device (002)HID Keyboard Device (003)Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (002)HID-compliant mouse (001)[/quote] (please bear in mind that the above devices have always had the ability to wake the computer but has not been an issue before)

I have tried the following solutions given in:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...16396f1?auth=1

and

How to *disable* automatic reboots in Windows 10? - Super User

without any luck.

I just want to prevent ANY software process from initiating a startup. It's that simple. The only allowed wake should be if I'm pressing the power button or keyboard. Surely there is a way to do this that doesn't involve some complex/hacky process that gets wiped during each windows update?

:)

Danni111111, Aug 14, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Aug 14, 2018
  3. computer wake-up after sleep

Did all the steps exactly as shown above and "Allow this device to wake the computer" was already selected.

I think you might have miss-understood the problem. It appears that the computer is waking up, but it doesn't re-connect to my display. I have to turn off the display and turn it back on to get my display to to re-connect. This was not a problem prior to
    the last Win 10 upgrade.

Bill McCormick_5407, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Computer waking from sleep after update

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Computer waking from sleep after update

1. Computer waking from sleep after update - Similar Threads - Computer waking sleep

2. INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR After waking up computer from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR After waking up computer from sleep: Greetings, 4 days after I reinstalled my OS my PC starts to not turn on after it automatically sleeps but after I turning it, it works but when I check Event viewer it gives me critical error and it says INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR. Btw I've already update and reinstall my...
  3. Computer BSODS after waking up from sleep

Computer BSODS after waking up from sleep: After fixing my old problem of a driver state power failure, I've been getting BSOD's after waking my computer up from sleep. The BSOD screen is too pixelated to read and I dont know exactly what could be wrong. I have the DMP file from today. To fix this BSOD I've just...
  4. Computer won't wake from Sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake from Sleep.: My computer won't wake from sleep. It is a clean install of windows Ver 1909 Build 18363.836. I have reinstalled several times. When I move the mouse or use the keyboard the power light stop blinking comes on steady, the fans start up, it checks the DVD player, the activity...
  5. Computer wakes up from sleep mode after the latest update.

Computer wakes up from sleep mode after the latest update.: First and second time I thought I forgot to put it to sleep, the next time I made sure to remember I have done it and yet when I got back to it the default screen was on. I have no idea how long it stays in sleep mode and when it wakes up....
  6. Computer doesn’t wake from sleep after update

Computer doesn’t wake from sleep after update: since your latest updates wake/sleep function wont work. my pc hp desktop 2 years old was ok before. HP tech spent hours trying to sort it .but no joy. both the tabs are ticked in device manager for mouse and keyboard. It will sleep using function and f10, but cant wake it....
  7. Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep: The problem i have is when i select to put my PC into sleep mode (Start>Power icon>Sleep). The screen goes black as if its entering sleep mode, but then almost immediately 'wakes up' and my video cam starts looking for a face to scan. I'm "assuming" this is related to...
  8. Computer will not wake up from "sleep"

Computer will not wake up from "sleep": I built my own PC, and although all advanced power settings are set to never sleep (including never turn off hard disk), it frequently freezes and will not wake up. It sends a buzzing to my Focusrite 2i2 powered speakers, which is what happens normally when the machine is...
  9. Computer Waking Up From Sleep

Computer Waking Up From Sleep: [ATTACH]I recently built my new gaming rig and I usually set my power and sleep settings to sleep after 2 hours of idle. I realized when it goes to "sleep" It actually turns off but still responds to a press of a key and saves the session. When it turns on it goes through the...
  10. BSOD after waking computer from sleep mode

BSOD after waking computer from sleep mode: I had just finished about 4 hours of gaming and put my computer in sleep mode while I did some other personal things. Once I came back, I awoke my computer and when attempting to put in my log passcode, my computer froze. After about 1 minute, nothing had changed, so I forced...