Computer will not boot from usb

Discus and support Computer will not boot from usb in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; My computer no longer will boot from usb.Macrium rescue try to start then restarts to hard drive. the usb works on another computer. This is non uefi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gary407, Jun 2, 2018.

1. gary407 Win User

My computer no longer will boot from usb.Macrium rescue try to start then restarts to hard drive. the usb works on another computer. This is non uefi bios

:)

gary407, Jun 2, 2018
  2. Syed Md Bilal Win User

Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Giridhar J Win User
    Computer keeps re-booting

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then check.

Method 2

I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3

If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Method 4: Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Computer will not boot from usb - Similar Threads - Computer boot usb

1. Computer won't boot beyond desktop showing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't boot beyond desktop showing.: A few days ago while on the internet I received a critical error message and my computer restarted. This is all I can get out of it now. I have tried all sorts of repair options and nothing works. Can anyone explain this behavior? Here is a link to a video showing what it...
  2. Computer boots missing ram

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer boots missing ram: This has been going on for weeks. I'll go to bed with 32 gigs of ram, boot up the next day and my motherboard says the ram values have changed. Now only 24 gigs show up. I restart again and the missing ram is back again. It doesn't BSOD, doesn't crash, doesn't act the...
  3. New Computer with boot from SSD & old computer's boot HDD as secondary

in Windows 10 Support
    New Computer with boot from SSD & old computer's boot HDD as secondary: Greetings. I just built a new computer with an SSD boot drive and the boot HDD from the old computer as a second drive. Both drives have Win10-1803 on them, and each is bootable in the new PC. In the interest of conserving space on the SSD, I want to install programs on both...
  4. Computer will only start if I hit F12 and go to"Windows boot manager"

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will only start if I hit F12 and go to"Windows boot manager": Every time my system starts, it goes to a black screen that says something like "no OS detected; press any key to continue." When I do that, it keeps going back to the same screen. The only solution I've found is to hit f12 and in the bios options, starting it in "windows...
  5. 2nd drive not showing in my computer but boots up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd drive not showing in my computer but boots up: I was a Bombardier in the Hawaiian Army, sorry. *Sad But you are right, all replies removed.
  6. Computer shuts down on its own, then boots back up

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down on its own, then boots back up: This issue has only started today. I recently got a new motherboard, new CPU, and new memory. Everything had been working absolutely perfectly until today. While playing a game (SC2) my computer will abruptly shut down on its own, then re-boot after a few seconds. All the LED...
  7. Sometimes computer enters boot loop, other times I see black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Sometimes computer enters boot loop, other times I see black screen: Hello, Recently, I think it was January, my computer started facing issues while booting. I could not determine the cause of the issue, but I have found a workaround that "fixes" it temporarily (once). Once I press the power button on my computer there are generally...