Windows 10: Computer will not boot from usb

Discus and support Computer will not boot from usb in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer no longer will boot from usb.Macrium rescue try to start then restarts to hard drive. the usb works on another computer. This is non uefi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gary407, Jun 2, 2018.

1. gary407 Win User

Computer will not boot from usb

My computer no longer will boot from usb.Macrium rescue try to start then restarts to hard drive. the usb works on another computer. This is non uefi bios

:)

gary407, Jun 2, 2018

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Computer keeps re-booting

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then check.

Method 2

I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3

If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Method 4: Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Computer will not boot from usb

1. Computer will not boot from usb - Similar Threads - Computer boot usb

2. Boot from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot from USB: Hi All, I was flowing a thread from DaveM121 in regards to booting from USB, every step worked until I got to a certain point, does anyone know how I can contact DaveM121 for help? The thread was excatly what I needed help with so I’m sure he will be able to supoort me...
  3. Booting From USB

Booting From USB: Hi there, i have a Lenovo Ideapad that i need to factory reset. I don't want any of the files or personal things that are on there, i try to reset and i don't have enough free storage to reset. Apparently i need an extra 3.32GB to reset. Anyway i was told to reinstall windows...
  4. No boot from USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No boot from USB: W10 boots normally, but the ability to boot from USB has quit, returning "Not Found" failures in the UEFI. I noticed this yesterday, soon after installing Intel graphics update, and removal of 2 Linux GRUB entries ( debian and ubuntu folders) from the EFI. Will a "Sys...
  5. No boot from USB

in Windows 10 Support
    No boot from USB: W10 boots normally, but the ability to boot from USB has quit, returning "Not Found" failures in the UEFI. I noticed this yesterday, soon after installing Intel graphics update, and removal of 2 Linux GRUB entries ( debian and ubuntu folders) from the EFI. Will a "Sys...
  6. Boot from USB

Boot from USB: Hello. I am attempting to fix my computer as I am sure it has a virus. I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit on an ASRock B450 Steel Legend motherboard. My PC won't load into the OS and the Windows 10 repair tool can't fix the issue, which leaves me in a loop of inability to...
  7. boot from USB

in Windows 10 Customization
    boot from USB: I'm trying to boot from USB. when I click on my USB which contains flash of ubuntu 18.04.3 iso in the boot option. my pc automatically shuts off and restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-from-usb/63daa528-694d-41f6-9b53-5d5ee566c676
  8. Boot From USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot From USB: If I boot Windows 10 from a USB on my Windows 10 pc, will the computer know/log the fact that I booted from USB? submitted by /u/TwoDots18 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/euqiy9/boot_from_usb/
  9. Will not boot from usb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will not boot from usb: My computer no longer will boot from usb.Macrium rescue try to start then restarts to hard drive. the usb works on another computer. This is non uefi bios 111476
  10. Booting from USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting from USB: I had never had my computer set to boot from USB but I created a bootable flash drive with Win 10 on it and wanted to try it. I set the BIOS boot options to try the CD drive first, then USB, and then the Hard drive. It booted fine but I have a question now. If I have a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer will not boot from usb