Windows 10: Computer will not come out of sleep

Discus and support Computer will not come out of sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer will not come out of sleep. When I hit a key or click the mouse, it will power for a moment and then appears to just turn off. I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bsgman, Aug 19, 2015.

1. bsgman Win User

Computer will not come out of sleep

My computer will not come out of sleep. When I hit a key or click the mouse, it will power for a moment and then appears to just turn off. I have to push the power button and completely boot up as if it was shutdown.

I have checked my mouse/keyboard settings regarding "allow this to wake the computer" (or whatever it is called). I am not sure what is going on here--I have seen people posting issues about specific laptops, but this is a custom built machine I've had for years. I never had any sleep issues on Win7 Pro before the upgrade.

Anyone have any insight?

:)

bsgman, Aug 19, 2015

2. Windows Will Not Come Out Of Sleep Mode, Repeatedly Have To REBOOT

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us.

Try the above steps provided and let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 19, 2015
  3. DawnSG Win User
    Windows Will Not Come Out Of Sleep Mode, Repeatedly Have To REBOOT

Thank you for your fast response. I have several gigantic deadlines this week, so I have just changed the settings for the hard-drive to run continuously. This weekend I will follow through with all of your recommended steps on trouble shooting and provide
    the results.

I really do appreciate your response and help!

Thanks!

DawnSG, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

Computer will not come out of sleep

1. Computer will not come out of sleep - Similar Threads - Computer sleep

2. When ever i press shutdown my computer goes to “sleep” mode, what can i do to fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When ever i press shutdown my computer goes to “sleep” mode, what can i do to fix this?: Thanks in advance submitted by /u/Paw_1210 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hntfhe/when_ever_i_press_shutdown_my_computer_goes_to/
  3. Background changes after computer sleeps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background changes after computer sleeps: I have a dual monitor set up and after I wake my computer from sleep, the second monitor changes background to the same picture as the main monitor. However this only happens when the computer sleeps, not when I reboot the computer. I can easily change it back to the original...
  4. Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.: So after my resent upgrade/reset due to corrupt system files my computer has started waking up from sleep again during the night. This was a problem before, but I somehow solved it, pretty sure the problem was the computer didn't actually go to sleep. Instead, it entered some...
  5. My computer doesn't shut down, hibernate, or go into sleep mode.

My computer doesn't shut down, hibernate, or go into sleep mode.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nathan00023 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl4y5r/my_computer_doesnt_shut_down_hibernate_or_go_into/
  6. Repeated Hardware Remove.wav sound when computer sleeps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated Hardware Remove.wav sound when computer sleeps: Hey everyone, I've got an Acer Aspire TC-885 desktop that goes though "fits" where it repeatedly makes the Windows "Device Disconnect" sound like when you unplug a USB drive. There are no error messages that accompany these alerts. All connections and cables are tight. This...
  7. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: It wasn't doing this before, I followed a few guides and disabled a few thing that should have not wake up the computer, and it's still instantly waking up i'm using windows 10, I really wanna fix this problem so i can let my computer rest...
  8. Computer shuts down powers off in sleep mode

Computer shuts down powers off in sleep mode: After my computer enters sleep mode for some time it will automatically shut down or power off rather than just remaining in sleep mode. it is a Dell XPS Studio 9100 running Windows 10. I have checked power settings and can't find any obvious problems. Any ideas on solving...
  9. UpdateOrchestrator keeps waking computer up from sleep every night

UpdateOrchestrator keeps waking computer up from sleep every night: Hello all, so first things first: My computer is up to date. So I've been wrestling with this problem for the past week. My computer will not stay asleep all night and wakes itself up every night. Really wouldn't be an issue except that it doesn't go back to sleep. It just...
  10. Computer only sleeps automatically if internet is disconnected

Computer only sleeps automatically if internet is disconnected: my computer will not go to sleep automatically. It has no problem going to sleep and staying asleep if i put it to sleep manually. I have tried the following things monitor does turn off automatically still: Updating Windows via windows update Updating all drivers Running...