Windows 10: Computer will not come out of sleep

Discus and support Computer will not come out of sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer will not come out of sleep. When I hit a key or click the mouse, it will power for a moment and then appears to just turn off. I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bsgman, Aug 19, 2015.

1. bsgman Win User

Computer will not come out of sleep

My computer will not come out of sleep. When I hit a key or click the mouse, it will power for a moment and then appears to just turn off. I have to push the power button and completely boot up as if it was shutdown.

I have checked my mouse/keyboard settings regarding "allow this to wake the computer" (or whatever it is called). I am not sure what is going on here--I have seen people posting issues about specific laptops, but this is a custom built machine I've had for years. I never had any sleep issues on Win7 Pro before the upgrade.

Anyone have any insight?

:)

bsgman, Aug 19, 2015

2. Windows Will Not Come Out Of Sleep Mode, Repeatedly Have To REBOOT

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us.

Try the above steps provided and let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 19, 2015
  3. DawnSG Win User
    Windows Will Not Come Out Of Sleep Mode, Repeatedly Have To REBOOT

Thank you for your fast response. I have several gigantic deadlines this week, so I have just changed the settings for the hard-drive to run continuously. This weekend I will follow through with all of your recommended steps on trouble shooting and provide
    the results.

I really do appreciate your response and help!

Thanks!

DawnSG, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

Computer will not come out of sleep

1. Computer will not come out of sleep - Similar Threads - Computer sleep

2. I am getting microsoft .net framework unhandled exception when my computer goes from sleep...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am getting microsoft .net framework unhandled exception when my computer goes from sleep...: I am getting microsoft .net framework unhandled exception when my computer goes from sleep to wake, i just started getting this a couple days ago and i dont know what is causing it. Please Help!!!...
  3. Computer Waking Up From Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Waking Up From Sleep: [ATTACH]I recently built my new gaming rig and I usually set my power and sleep settings to sleep after 2 hours of idle. I realized when it goes to "sleep" It actually turns off but still responds to a press of a key and saves the session. When it turns on it goes through the...
  4. Computer wont wake from sleep

Computer wont wake from sleep: I have been reading forum posts about this since it seems to be a common problem, but I have tried everything that I have read about with no changes. I have a Dell 13 9370 with the latest version of Windows 10 (version 1903). I have tried: Adjust the power settings....
  5. Computer shuts down instead of sleep

Computer shuts down instead of sleep: I've been having this issue where instead of the computer going to sleep, it shuts down instead. I've reinstalled BIOS, reinstalled Windows 10, disabled fast startup, none has worked. Checked my disk with HD Tune Error Scan Short Generic Long Generic Event Viewer...
  6. New Windows Update Sleep Mode- Computer Randomly Turning On

New Windows Update Sleep Mode- Computer Randomly Turning On: I accidently installed the new Windows update on 8/11. When I put my computer to sleep, the screen goes black, and about 30 seconds later it comes back to life. This is especially frustrating because my huge monitor turning on while I am trying to sleep mere feet away from my...
  7. How do I change the length of time before my computers goes to sleep?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the length of time before my computers goes to sleep?: How do I change the length of time before my computers goes to sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-length-of-time-before-my/a7cae792-8d40-451a-943a-1e6303bce93d
  8. Computer Freezes then restarts after wake up from sleep mode / Fresh Start.

Computer Freezes then restarts after wake up from sleep mode / Fresh Start.: Most days after waking my PC in the morning after a half hour or so it will freeze, then flicker either a Green , purple or blue screen , then restarts. The PC then operates perfectly normal for the rest of the day, at the end of use I put into sleep mode. I have tried just...
  9. Computer won't sleep when I want it to

Computer won't sleep when I want it to: I am having this issue where, although my PC is set to sleep after 1 hour of inactivity, sometimes it just doesn't. I don't know what causes it. Sometimes it does go to sleep after 1 hour, other times it doesn't. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?...
  10. after upgrading to windows 10, when the computer sleeps it wakes up dark and I can not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after upgrading to windows 10, when the computer sleeps it wakes up dark and I can not...: after upgrading to windows 10, when the computer sleeps it wakes up dark and I can not brighten it, I have to restart the computer to brighten the screen, what can I do...